711 Lb DL With Broken Ribs

[quote]Dr.PowerClean wrote:
Chefbc14,
I gather that was Fuck Yeah, not Fuck You, since we’re both in agreement that you gladly risk much to gain success at our precious sports. Remember, I’m old, not up to speed on current lingo. Doc
Shizen, failure is not giving your all when you’re not at your best for a chance at greatness. Failure is pulling a Bode Miller at the Olympics and running your mouth, drinking and partying, and falling on your ass on the ski slopes over and over, letting down yourself and your country.
The ONLY exception I’d consider on your argument is someone like Uber N3wb trying something like that at 16, since he’s got so many great years ahead of him and his bones haven’t even finished growing.[/quote]

good point about Bode miller, what a disgrace.

Hey Hey Hey… One… Marunde had a genetic heart defect. Second he died doing what he loved. Who’s to say that he wouldn’t have died in his 20’s anyways. According to his brother, they had 2 other relatives that just dropped dead because their hearts just gave out.
I would love to say that I would do the same, follow my passion even though I had a good chance of kickin the bucket. I’m not sure if living and not chasing your dreams is considered living.

Considering that for a second, most of us here have given up things and sacrificed for our dreams and things we love to do. He took the chance and chased his dreams, and paid the price unfortunately.
Jesse will live on in our hearts and minds, and will be considered a great Strongman and person.