71 yr. Old Champ Floors Thug

[quote]humble wrote:
‘I eat soy muesli with ricemilk for breakfast and take my adhd meds to go with it’.
[/quote]

Don’t make fun of rice milk!

Respect.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:
‘I eat soy muesli with ricemilk for breakfast and take my adhd meds to go with it’.
[/quote]

Don’t make fun of rice milk![/quote]

I know a guy, a very talented swimmer with a domineering mother. The guy raced quite competitively against Olympic swimmers when he was still in high school. But his mother force fed him Soy-this and Soy-that like the hippy she was… and he turned into a pussy. Now? He couldn’t do a push up if I slid a bed of nails under his chest.

Personally, I’d rather have a back and forth battle with Cholesterol and high blood pressure my whole life that eat hippy food. Like my grandfather, who smashed a breakfast of bacon and eggs every morning, and drank youngsters under the table every night. Old school style.

That story is the embodiment of why you should never underestimate the person standing in front of you. Glad it had a happy ending, but honestly, unless there was someone else in the house that the old man felt he needed to protect (and thus confront the robber), he’d have been better off sneaking out the back door and calling 911.

This whole “standing your ground and facing the danger head on” stuff is all cool and everything, until you do it that one time when you are dealing with a true cold blooded criminal, and not just some punk thug, who doesn’t screw around and just shoots you in the face or pokes a bunch of holes in you with something pointy.

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:
[/quote]

Don’t make fun of rice milk![/quote]

I know a guy, a very talented swimmer with a domineering mother. The guy raced quite competitively against Olympic swimmers when he was still in high school. But his mother force fed him Soy-this and Soy-that like the hippy she was… and he turned into a pussy. Now? He couldn’t do a push up if I slid a bed of nails under his chest.

Personally, I’d rather have a back and forth battle with Cholesterol and high blood pressure my whole life that eat hippy food. Like my grandfather, who smashed a breakfast of bacon and eggs every morning, and drank youngsters under the table every night. Old school style.[/quote]

Whenever you follow a restrictive diet it’S a lot easier to fuck things up. Simple. However, rice milk per se is perfectly fine as a food type.

[quote]Khaine wrote:

EDIT: Read the Dempsey story just now. Falls in the same territory. Very cool, but could have ended very differently.[/quote]

Yea, but getting away was not an option for Dempsey, it appears. Plus, Jack Dempsey, if you’ve ever read about his life, was the kind of guy that ALL people - not just boxers - feared, and with good reason.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Khaine wrote:

EDIT: Read the Dempsey story just now. Falls in the same territory. Very cool, but could have ended very differently.[/quote]

Yea, but getting away was not an option for Dempsey, it appears. Plus, Jack Dempsey, if you’ve ever read about his life, was the kind of guy that ALL people - not just boxers - feared, and with good reason.[/quote]

In which case fighting like a cornered animal is absolutely the right thing to do IMO.

Jack Dempsey was a bad, bad man. He didn’t consider boxing ‘a fight’, because they used to wear 6oz gloves. He was an extremely accomplished streetfighter and wrestler. If anyone could take on 27 ninjas and win, Jack Dempsey is that man.

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Jack Dempsey was a bad, bad man. He didn’t consider boxing ‘a fight’, because they used to wear 6oz gloves. He was an extremely accomplished streetfighter and wrestler. If anyone could take on 27 ninjas and win, Jack Dempsey is that man. [/quote]

Dempsey wrote a great book after WWII about the H2h combat training he taught US GIs. Forgot the title , something like Make Them Tough. Had a lot of jujitsu mixed with what we call “dirty boxing” today. Certainly he was a dangerous guy, and would be in any venue, ring, street, or mat.

Jack Dempsey was a bad, bad man. He didn’t consider boxing ‘a fight’, because they used to wear 6oz gloves. He was an extremely accomplished streetfighter and wrestler. If anyone could take on 27 ninjas and win, Jack Dempsey is that man. [/quote]

That’s exactly it. Boxing was way closer to streetfighting back then as it was, and any guy who walks into a bar and puts money down that he can “lick any man in the place” is a bad motherfucker.

That’s exactly it. Boxing was way closer to streetfighting back then as it was, and any guy who walks into a bar and puts money down that he can “lick any man in the place” is a bad motherfucker.[/quote]

And just think. If you walked into a bar today and said, “I’ll lick in any man in the place,” people would think you were a homosexual.

[quote]Khaine wrote:

As I’m sure most here will agree though, and as we constantly point out in the self-defense threads on here, if Pearce was a proper “thug” and pulled a blade, this headline would likely have looked quite different.[/quote]

Ugh.

Well he could have just burned down the old man’s house beforehand to assure that no one would threaten him. Or the old man could have come out with a flamethrower himself and it could have just been a war of fire that burned down the whole town.

I just put the story up cause I thought it was cool, really don’t want it to turn into one of these “27 ninjas with machine guns” threads.[/quote]

It is a cool story Irish. I always like it when old guys win…shhh.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Khaine wrote:

As I’m sure most here will agree though, and as we constantly point out in the self-defense threads on here, if Pearce was a proper “thug” and pulled a blade, this headline would likely have looked quite different.[/quote]

Ugh.

Well he could have just burned down the old man’s house beforehand to assure that no one would threaten him. Or the old man could have come out with a flamethrower himself and it could have just been a war of fire that burned down the whole town.

I just put the story up cause I thought it was cool, really don’t want it to turn into one of these “27 ninjas with machine guns” threads.[/quote]

It is a cool story Irish. I always like it when old guys win…shhh.[/quote]

haha me too Zeb. It’s nice to know that we can still be tough bastards, even when we’re old.