700lb High Bar for Powerlifting

At the moment I’ve grooved into a semi-low, medium- ish stance. Wide stance also messes with my hips quite a bit. I too am rather beat up from the wide/low bar positioning. It did give me leverage to move more weight around, but the difference wasn’t by much. Maybe an extra 20lbs, which isn’t anything that can’t be reached with any other position.

Does Mr.Reed have a YouTube channel? I’d be more than happy to watch his videos.

That’s awesome. Anyone who’s squatting 700+ at 220
Is no joke
If I could I’d mimick Damien pezzuti to a t.

The wider stance feels better on my knees as I only use a shitty pair of sleeves.

But I completely agree find what works for YOU

Try a higher position and stick with it for a month.

Like I said it takes time but could be really worth it in the long wrong.

I find beltless and paused work really brings it on.

1 Like

His IG is i.know.squat

I’ve been powerlifting for some years now, I just like to be strong in any stance honestly, but I do agree that the more comfortable one is the way to go.

Beltless is okay for me but I have a disc injury so I tend to keep it light. If my back is feeling not up to par I put the belt back on.

Ok that sounds pretty serious.

In that instance I’d probably lean more towards paused work with a belt.

Good luck

1 Like

I’ve been slowly incorporating it. The pauses that is.

It’s shifty some days. My lower back gives me no problems most days, I just get sciatica flare ups often.

My deadlift is what I’ve been giving the most attention to lately. Not sure how to pause deadlifts, well more like not sure where to pause them.

That usual depends on where you fail but those in the know suggest pausing as soon as the weight leavea the floor.

I just get a lot of carry over from beltless SLDL so that’s my go to

1 Like

HBS
560x5

Close grip paused
315x5x3sets

Putting in some work today

HB beltless pause squat
560x1. 500x5

Close grip
135x50
Beltless SLDL
500x5

1 Like

I also discovered a doubled mini band works the same as a bow tie
Have worn it after training until bed and shoulder pain has noticeable lessened in just 3 days

HBS
535x6

I think with a rest day this would be a reasonable set for of 10. As always kept a rep or 2 in the tank.

315x5x5

1 Like

Close grip paused
315x5x5

Paused HBS
555x2

Merry Christmas ! You’re one strong dude.

Thanks sir!

It was also beltless

1 Like

HBS beltless long pause
540x1

Decent session after being sick since the 25th. Dropped so weight so may shoot for lower class long term

Been sick for almost a month.
First session of note back
HBS
640x1, 570x2x2
Close grip
350x1
Shoulder issues are back so trying to hammer upper back

2 Likes

Yesterday
HBS 600x1, wide grip long pause bench 355x1

Today
605x1 HBS 505x10