700+kg Raw Total 181

Hey this is my first post here, just signed up to see who’s around. I’ll technically be doing my second powerlifting meet this Feb. I’ve done others but not for legit feds. I’ll be shooting for a mid to high 1500 lb total if not break 1600 if I’m lucky. As of now I have squatted 550, benched 370 paused and pulled 610, but going to give 600x2 and 615 or 620x1 a shot tomorrow.

1 Like

Good luck and all the best!

wraps or no? This would be a huge total if it’s unwrapped. Still great either way though.

Thanks guys, and no wraps, just sleeves and belt. I slacked off a bit the last two years, do I’ve been hitting it hard for about 7 months. I was at about 435 squat, 335 bench, and 535 deadlift. Just lost focus for a while and let my lifts drop

my phone wasn’t letting me post yesterday, but I should have brought my camera. I pulled a fairly easy double with 600 and still managed to grind 620 after. heres a link to some deadlift footage deadlift training up to 600 at 187lbs - YouTube

You looked nice and solid through those.

Thanks, the goal is to take shot at the drug tested raw unwrapped record eventually. If I can keep my progress going for a few more months I should have a shot in a year or so. I’ve got some videos on yt I’ll be posting more. Are there any strong 181ers here?

On that video, the weight is impressive, but even more so after the rep work you did before. Nice!

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
On that video, the weight is impressive, but even more so after the rep work you did before. Nice![/quote]

Thanks, I took a day off from going heavy on back or squats, squatted 540x1 on Tuesday, and pulled an easy 585x3 could’ve probably grinded out a fourth rep but stopped and then grinded out 615 for a single I’m gonna try to pull 630 next week goal was 650 for the comp but might attempt 300kg which would be insanely awesome

Here’s some squats from the other day, I’ve actually hit 550 on a more recent day. And my first beltless 500 last week though I haven’t really been trying to hard to hit that. Oh got a few more videos on there as well

1 Like

Hers a 600 lb hook grip pull, most I’ve pulled hook grip was 565 before this. Wasn’t as painful as I thought it would be but I did almost loose my grip midway

And didn’t post the video

[quote]Vincepac1500 wrote:
Thanks, the goal is to take shot at the drug tested raw unwrapped record eventually. If I can keep my progress going for a few more months I should have a shot in a year or so. I’ve got some videos on yt I’ll be posting more. Are there any strong 181ers here?[/quote]

Not crazy strong, but a fellow 181 at 550ish squat, 365 bench, and very close to a 600 deadlift. I’m a bit over 6ft, so I’ll probably be moving up a weight class or two before I can be truly competitive.

If you don’t mind, whats training frequency/programming like for you?

[quote]brady888 wrote:

[quote]Vincepac1500 wrote:
Thanks, the goal is to take shot at the drug tested raw unwrapped record eventually. If I can keep my progress going for a few more months I should have a shot in a year or so. I’ve got some videos on yt I’ll be posting more. Are there any strong 181ers here?[/quote]

Not crazy strong, but a fellow 181 at 550ish squat, 365 bench, and very close to a 600 deadlift. I’m a bit over 6ft, so I’ll probably be moving up a weight class or two before I can be truly competitive.

If you don’t mind, whats training frequency/programming like for you?[/quote]

My numbers are similar in the 181 class to Brady. I just missed a 600 deadlift in training recently, I’ve benched 385, and best gym squat was 525. Best competition total at 181 was 1480

working on some much more impressive numbers. I squat pretty often roughly two days then off a day. up to a heavy double or single usually 500-520x2 and a single between 535 and 550. I normaly pull twice a week once sets of 10 conventional up to 425 and the second I go semi sumo up to a heavy triple, double or single. the other week I worked up to 600x2 than pulled 620. then the next week hit 585x3 and then 615.

I think next time I pull im gonna warm up and pull 630. bench I do some form of it everyday and was up to 370 paused but hurt my shoulder. it always happens with the weather change. its feeling great now and im back up to paused 355 already. realistic goals for my comp in feb are gonna be 565 squat, 380 bench, and 640 deadlift 1585 total then shoot for mid to high 1600 for worlds next fall.

Give me some opinions, I got sick the last four days with what I think was food poisoning, and the last four days haven’t eaten as much as I normally eat in one day, today was my first day back in the gym weighing in about 10 lbs lighter than normal. I still pulled 585 with no trouble. Got greedy and tried a new best with 625 and missed it. Idk why I thought that was a good idea. I also hit some bench 275 felt heavy but I still hit 315x2 easy and 335x1 easy and feel I’ll hit 350+paused before the end of the week. Now here is what I want to ask.

Should I still enter the comp in Feb 28 this week really screwed me over and I’m going for numbers, I’ve done them already for fun. If I do this one I will still break 1600 by world’s in the fall or should I just enter one later in the year when I can hit something I feel is respectable. Maybe I’m just over thinking cause I’m pissed how the last few days went

Decided to go ahead and do it, was a minor set back. But everything seems to be getting back on track. Squats lagging the most. Most recent lifts are 355 paused bench which I’m gonna probably pause 360 on Saturday or touch and go with 365-370. Squatted 475x3 then hit 515x1 gonna go 525 on Saturday also. And just pulled 590x2 today then repped 515x5 and finally a conventional beltless set of 405x10

11 days out, gained most of my weight back from being sick. Squat is lagging slightly still but for the most part back on track. Weighing 187 most days. Target numbers are 530-545 squat depending how I’m feeling, 375 bench and 625 deadlift. Opening with 475 squat, 325 bench and 565 deadlift.

1 Like

Haha you have even more forward lean than Layne Norton, looks fantastic. Good luck!!!

Here’s a link to my last heavy set on deadlift. “Speed pull” with 5 lbs more than my second attempt with a Texas deadlift bar

1 Like