T Nation

700 Deadlift at 231 lbs.

Recently accomplished a big goal of mine. Now the new milestone for me is 750 lbs. at 240-245 lbs. by end of the year.

Also, here is my 675 video done mins earlier.

Oh goddamnit there’s no feeling better than that, once the dizziness comes down… Good-ass lift!

3x bwt. DLs separate the men from the boys. Damn good pull, bro.!

Awesome job bro.

Nice frickin’ pull man. Good shit.

AWESOME job!!! I’m the same weight as you, probably shorter (didn’t check your height) and you are a helluva lot stronger than I am at deads. What do your other lifts look like poundage wise???

Also, I’m not a deadlift expert, but I hear so many different things about “proper deadlift form” that it makes my head spin. How would you rate your form/technique??? Can you offer an tips on what one should try to do when deadlifting properly???

Thanks and again, AWESOME job.

I saw that over on marundes board, nice job. You have made a big leap in a short amount of time.

Monopoly

According to some of the posts around here that pull is pretty pathetic. There are atleast a dozen posters here that can deadlift 600 at 160lbs.

J/K, nice lift man, and bullocks to the deadlift bullshitters

Also, I don’t know if JackAss still posts here, but I remember him saying I would never deadlift 700 at 231 lbs. And that was WITH a suit.

I did it raw. :slight_smile:

[quote]MachineAZ wrote:
Also, I don’t know if JackAss still posts here, but I remember him saying I would never deadlift 700 at 231 lbs. And that was WITH a suit.

I did it raw. :-)[/quote]

Yeah, Jackass still posts here every so often.

So if your next goal is 750 at 245, does that mean you are looking to move up and compete as a heavyweight?

Much respect. Awesome deadlift.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
MachineAZ wrote:

I did it raw. :slight_smile:

Yeah, Jackass still posts here every so often.

So if your next goal is 750 at 245, does that mean you are looking to move up and compete as a heavyweight?[/quote]

No, I just would like to add weight then cut to make 231’s. I think I can since I don’t eat a lot right now and I’m staying around 233-236.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
Also, I’m not a deadlift expert, but I hear so many different things about “proper deadlift form” that it makes my head spin. How would you rate your form/technique??? Can you offer an tips on what one should try to do when deadlifting properly???

Thanks and again, AWESOME job.[/quote]

Thanks man!

I plan to write an in-depth article (and maybe submit to T-Nation) on my road to becoming a LW Pro strongman once I accomplish that goal. I’ve got the Clovis Pro/Am in April and the New Mexico contest in May to do that.

It won’t be geared just toward strongman but will focus around the deadlift and overhead press events, two disciplines I’ve turned into strengths of mine.

Stay tuned…

[quote]MachineAZ wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:

Thanks man!

I plan to write an in-depth article (and maybe submit to T-Nation) on my road to becoming a LW Pro strongman once I accomplish that goal. I’ve got the Clovis Pro/Am in April and the New Mexico contest in May to do that.

It won’t be geared just toward strongman but will focus around the deadlift and overhead press events, two disciplines I’ve turned into strengths of mine.

Stay tuned…

[/quote]

Will you finally reveal some of the AZ Crew secrets?

[quote]MachineAZ wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:

Thanks man!

Stay tuned…

[/quote]

As far as form goes, I noticed in your video that you don’t get your ass very low.

I’m still relatively new to doing deads and thought that you were suppose to get down as low as you can while still maintaining a tight arch in your back.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
AWESOME job!!! I’m the same weight as you, probably shorter (didn’t check your height) and you are a helluva lot stronger than I am at deads. What do your other lifts look like poundage wise???

Thanks and again, AWESOME job.[/quote]

http://www.uwlax.edu/strengthcenter/videos/JimTrav/Deadlifts.mpg

thats a video of what a good sub-max pull looks like. One should never take the technique of max effort lifts like this one as a technique exemplar. Obviously the goal in a max is just to move the weight without a whole lot of concern for “proper” form.

here’s a deadlift article.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459964

[quote]jrc85 wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:

thats a video of what a good sub-max pull looks like. One should never take the technique of max effort lifts like this one as a technique exemplar. Obviously the goal in a max is just to move the weight without a whole lot of concern for “proper” form.

[/quote]

Alright, gotcha. Please disregard my previous post. Thanks.

[quote]dre wrote:
jrc85 wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:

Alright, gotcha. Please disregard my previous post. Thanks.[/quote]

To add to that, most max and near-max deadlifts are going to be more stiff-legged.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
dre wrote:
jrc85 wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:

Alright, gotcha. Please disregard my previous post. Thanks.

To add to that, most max and near-max deadlifts are going to be more stiff-legged.[/quote]

Really? Is there a reason for that?

Not trying to hijack this thread.

Awesome job man, keep it up.