7 Weeks Out From First Classic Physique Comp (5’11’’, 23, 196lbs)

You need to get sharper, but 7 weeks might get it done.

2 Likes

+1 to what @RT_Nomad said. You’re very well developed, just need to lean out and quickly! Good luck

2 Likes

That’s the plan. Went from 205lbs to 196lbs in 5 weeks so far. Starting to ramp up cardio and drop more cals…hello hunger.

Sounds about right, 1-2 lbs per week. I think most do this over a 16 week period vs 12 if going for a slower cut. Either way, this is not my area of expertise. I would defer to @RT_Nomad or others with more experience in stage competitions. You look great! Best of luck to you. You’re young so regardless of turn out you have plenty of time to fine tune this for future comps. Just do your best and learn!

IMO, assuming this contest isn’t your only contest, find a strength metric (e.g., bench press) and monitor that weekly to assure you are losing very little muscle as you attempt to get stage ready.

1 Like

I agree with this concept, but at least for me, the bench press is so heavily impacted by weight loss that it wouldn’t work for me. Maybe not everybody is the same here? But for me at least, I can drop 10 lbs and see my bench drop 25-30 lbs. I don’t think it is muscle loss (or at least very little is muscle loss), I think it is increased ROM, worse leverages, less padding around the joints (less stability)…

I would trust the deadlift though. I don’t see much fluctuation in my deadlift strength losing weight. My best deadlift was done when I was about 20 lbs less than my heaviest body weight.

1 Like

Any chance of getting updates through the cut? I’d love to see a weekly or bi-weekly post showing progress.

3 Likes