7 Weeks and No I, Bodybuilder?

Its hard for me to get psyched about the program when the only “evidence” I’ve seen is comparable to anything else you see in a bodybuilding magazine. For this time period I would have liked to know more about the program progressively, kind of in the manner that the velocity diet was introduced with the physique clinic. I would have also liked to see a dedicated site member undergo the program and report back, that way I have first hand evidence that it is effective.

I mean even pictures of the guys who underwent the program with a before picture with a newspaper or something released in the last 6 months to compare to the after photos would make it somewhat believable. I’ve read a lot of useful and effective information here over the years but I may have to side with the critics on this one until I see a round or two of members go through the program before I even think about the program or the products involved.

I mean from a mass balance perspective it seems feasible (27 pounds @ 600 cal per pound = 16,200 cal divided by 42 days = approx 385 calories in excess a day). Its just the effectiveness of the body at producing so much muscle in such a short time seems unbelievable as your body is putting on more then half a pound of muscle every day. If you’ve found a way to make the body the most efficient machine possible I really do tip my hat to all that have worked on this project; but until I see the proof in the science and testing I’ll stay skeptical.

I am curious though on the take of the developers of the program on the response of the body to this weight gain fluctuation so quickly (ex. joint issues, breathing problems, blood pressure, etc ).

[quote]steelechris wrote:
Its hard for me to get psyched about the program when the only “evidence” I’ve seen is comparable to anything else you see in a bodybuilding magazine. For this time period I would have liked to know more about the program progressively, kind of in the manner that the velocity diet was introduced with the physique clinic. I would have also liked to see a dedicated site member undergo the program and report back, that way I have first hand evidence that it is effective.

I mean even pictures of the guys who underwent the program with a before picture with a newspaper or something released in the last 6 months to compare to the after photos would make it somewhat believable. I’ve read a lot of useful and effective information here over the years but I may have to side with the critics on this one until I see a round or two of members go through the program before I even think about the program or the products involved.

I mean from a mass balance perspective it seems feasible (27 pounds @ 600 cal per pound = 16,200 cal divided by 42 days = approx 385 calories in excess a day). Its just the effectiveness of the body at producing so much muscle in such a short time seems unbelievable as your body is putting on more then half a pound of muscle every day. If you’ve found a way to make the body the most efficient machine possible I really do tip my hat to all that have worked on this project; but until I see the proof in the science and testing I’ll stay skeptical.

I am curious though on the take of the developers of the program on the response of the body to this weight gain fluctuation so quickly (ex. joint issues, breathing problems, blood pressure, etc ).[/quote]

The odd thing is that while I was gaining weight, and a lot of strength, my joints and tendons were pain free. It is when I stopped the protocol and drastically reduced my food intake to drop weight (I explained several times in the past that I started to have health issues at the higher bodyweight because of a heart birth defect) that I started to have aches and pain.

From everything I’ve read this looks like the programme is going to be pretty damned advanced. I can’t help wondering if a lot of the people getting really excited about it are even going to be in the target audience? I am interested in the nutrition aspects of the project, but I have a feeling the training is going to be way too advanced for me. On the positive side that means when I have a good few years of bodybuilding under my belt the programme will have been around for a bit and I’ll know if its for me!

The odd thing is that while I was gaining weight, and a lot of strength, my joints and tendons were pain free. It is when I stopped the protocol and drastically reduced my food intake to drop weight (I explained several times in the past that I started to have health issues at the higher bodyweight because of a heart birth defect) that I started to have aches and pain.[/quote]

I remember reading earlier about your previous problems at higher weights and I wondered if this was after I, Bodybuilder. It does make sense though that with proper nutrition your body was responding by protecting the joints and once you took some of that nutrition away to drop weight the joints would be the first thing you might notice. With the added stress and strain of the program (both the size and the intensity), I’m sure your joints needed a break in the adjustment period after reducing your intake.

I’m glad to see a response in this thread, I was worried these threads were being overlooked since the hype seems to have died down in the forum. I just remember rereading a previous post of yours saying the I, Bodybuilder program would be “long released” before a conference you are attending in the end of October (sometime around the 23rd - 26th, can’t remember the exact date).

I just thought there would be enough time between the release and that conference that you would have at least a few cases where members here would be finishing or coming close to finishing the 6 week period (which I understand isn’t the length of the program itself, it just seems to be the most identifiable to most people as this mirrors your time scale of 27 pounds in 6 weeks). I suppose if you aren’t presenting at the conference then “long released” could mean just a couple weeks.

[quote]steelechris wrote:
The odd thing is that while I was gaining weight, and a lot of strength, my joints and tendons were pain free. It is when I stopped the protocol and drastically reduced my food intake to drop weight (I explained several times in the past that I started to have health issues at the higher bodyweight because of a heart birth defect) that I started to have aches and pain.

I remember reading earlier about your previous problems at higher weights and I wondered if this was after I, Bodybuilder. It does make sense though that with proper nutrition your body was responding by protecting the joints and once you took some of that nutrition away to drop weight the joints would be the first thing you might notice. With the added stress and strain of the program (both the size and the intensity), I’m sure your joints needed a break in the adjustment period after reducing your intake.

I’m glad to see a response in this thread, I was worried these threads were being overlooked since the hype seems to have died down in the forum. I just remember rereading a previous post of yours saying the I, Bodybuilder program would be “long released” before a conference you are attending in the end of October (sometime around the 23rd - 26th, can’t remember the exact date).

I just thought there would be enough time between the release and that conference that you would have at least a few cases where members here would be finishing or coming close to finishing the 6 week period (which I understand isn’t the length of the program itself, it just seems to be the most identifiable to most people as this mirrors your time scale of 27 pounds in 6 weeks). I suppose if you aren’t presenting at the conference then “long released” could mean just a couple weeks.[/quote]

The first program (there is no I, BODYBUILDER program… it is a whole methodology. We are giving a program based on the system, but it will not be the only one we will run) is anywhere from 10 to 20 weeks long, depending on the length of the individual phases (it’s a specialization system) but each phase can be used as a stand alone for 3-6 weeks.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
steelechris wrote:

I just thought there would be enough time between the release and that conference that you would have at least a few cases where members here would be finishing or coming close to finishing the 6 week period (which I understand isn’t the length of the program itself, it just seems to be the most identifiable to most people as this mirrors your time scale of 27 pounds in 6 weeks). I suppose if you aren’t presenting at the conference then “long released” could mean just a couple weeks.

The first program (there is no I, BODYBUILDER program… it is a whole methodology. We are giving a program based on the system, but it will not be the only one we will run) is anywhere from 10 to 20 weeks long, depending on the length of the individual phases (it’s a specialization system) but each phase can be used as a stand alone for 3-6 weeks.[/quote]

I think I got caught up in the lingo thrown about in the video, “A new T-Muscle super program…”. Got to learn not to trust the movie announcer.

Any particular reason they chose to go with the name “I, Bodybuilder”? A take off of the whole Apple theme? I-Robot? Or is it meant to be a Tarzan-esque translation of “I’m a body builder”?

So I read one poster thinks he heard the release estimate at this time might be mid-October…

It’d be really cool if someone from the T-Nation staff could give us what the new target date is maybe, possibly, best-guess, looking like.

Or, conversely, let us know that they don’t intend to provide us this update.

Please?

[quote]ggarrett wrote:
So I read one poster thinks he heard the release estimate at this time might be mid-October…

It’d be really cool if someone from the T-Nation staff could give us what the new target date is maybe, possibly, best-guess, looking like.

Please?
[/quote]

Or, maybe you could just wait and go make some physical progress in the mean time?

Are you guys really losing sleep over this? What are people like you doing in the gym while you wait on pins and needles?

How big are those biceps right now?

I can’t believe that so many peoples’ lives seem to revolve around the release date of this…methodology.

It’s like stopping all other supplements until “that” new one comes out or rushing to the first new supplement that gets released before waiting for other peoples feedback.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
I can’t believe that so many peoples’ lives seem to revolve around the release date of this…methodology.

[/quote]

really? I’d say it’s pretty reasonable the reaction from some. You have to imagine that most people don’t see progress when they workout, just look at people in the and then look at them in another 6 months.

this “methodology” is supposed to have some of the fastest gains possible, for most guys this is a dream come true.

Granted, I agree with most of you that think people are way too eager, but I can understand the anticipation for some people.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ggarrett wrote:

Please?

Or, maybe you could just wait and go make some physical progress in the mean time?

Are you guys really losing sleep over this? What are people like you doing in the gym while you wait on pins and needles?

How big are those biceps right now?[/quote]

Or, you could not make an assumption that has absolutely zero basis from what I wrote. Further, you could not make a post that contributes little to nothing to this thread.

I said nothing about not making progress in the gym while I waited for this. I’m not losing sleep over this. I’ve been doing the 5-3-1 program and complexes for the past 2 months. I said dick about pins or needles (or anything that might lead one to believe I was waiting on them).

T-Nation has been talking about this superprogram for some time now. The article said about 6 weeks, it’s been 9. I asked a simple question about if there was an updated ETA.

No more, no less.

Your question about my biceps truly defined the complete irrelevancy of your post.

[quote]ggarrett wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ggarrett wrote:

Please?

Or, you could not make an assumption that has absolutely zero basis from what I wrote. Further, you could not make a post that contributes little to nothing to this thread.

I said nothing about not making progress in the gym while I waited for this. I’m not losing sleep over this. I’ve been doing the 5-3-1 program and complexes for the past 2 months. I said dick about pins or needles (or anything that might lead one to believe I was waiting on them).

T-Nation has been talking about this superprogram for some time now. The article said about 6 weeks, it’s been 9. I asked a simple question about if there was an updated ETA.

No more, no less.

Your question about my biceps truly defined the complete irrelevancy of your post. [/quote]

…but am I right? If you had impressive development, you would have simply told us about it instead of going on about how irrelevant the post was. It isn’t irrelevant. If most of the people this worried about this program don’t even look like they lift, you guys should be focused on correcting THAT first.

I would say that makes the questions more than relevant.

They just aren’t what you want to hear.

You didn’t pose a question to be right about to begin with. I asked, “when’s the new superprogram coming out?” You said, “maybe you could wait and do other stuff…” and then ranted. You’re entire post is about assumptions that you can’t know the answers to. And since disproving your assumptions has nothing to do with an ETA on I, Bodybuilder responding would be irrelvant.

This thread is about an update on the ETA of the superprogram. So you’re spot on, I don’t want to hear your questions… Unless, they can provide an update on the ETA of the superprogram.

You didn’t really just ask though did you?

You kinda beat around the subject for a couple sentences.

ANYWAY…if X was wrong why do you actually care!

seriously

If it wasn’t for it being all over the place on the front page, I would have forgot about I,Bodybuilder.

What is I, Bodybuilder?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

really? I’d say it’s pretty reasonable the reaction from some. You have to imagine that most people don’t see progress when they workout, just look at people in the and then look at them in another 6 months.

this “methodology” is supposed to have some of the fastest gains possible, for most guys this is a dream come true.

Granted, I agree with most of you that think people are way too eager, but I can understand the anticipation for some people.[/quote]

Yeah, maybe. But the reason that most people don’t see progress when they “workout” isn’t due to them not doing some top secret “methodology”. Most people don’t see progress because they lack the intensity to stimulate it in the gym, the dedication to eat a healthy diet out of the gym, and probably have some bad habits which don’t help them out either. The average gym goer doesn’t even break a sweat and probably never pushes themselves even close to their capabilities. No program, no matter how well designed is going to turn the average gym goer into something noteworthy from a physique standpoint.

Now that’s not to say that there aren’t serious trainees, but let’s face it, they’re probably already seeing results. Sure, perhaps this program can offer them even better results, we’ll have to wait and see on that. Personally I’m routing for CT and believe that he is being sincere with what he says about the program. Heck, how many of us wouldn’t want someone to have found a legitimate, legal, workout method/supplement stack/nutritional model that would allow us to put on 20 lbs of solid muscle in 8 weeks (which seems to be about the average so far from the reported cases) on a consistent basis? So I for one hope it’s all it’s cracked up to be.

I can understand people getting excited about the subject and wanting to know when it’s going to be released. But, I also understand RSGZ’s and other’s points that it makes no sense to agonize or obsess over such a thing, and that until it is released, their time would be better spent actually hitting the weights hard and eating big.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ggarrett wrote:

Please?

How big are those biceps right now?[/quote]

LMAO. Why is there a presumption that any person who brings up I, BODYBUILDER is sitting around and doing nothing? By the way, I love how your handle is the guy that tells everyone that they aren’t training hard enough. While I respect your knowledge of training, your condescending attitutde towards the other posters, based on pure speculation of what you think their habits probably are, is reminiscent of the “pump you up” skit from Saturday Night Live in the early 90’s with Dana Carvy and Kevin Neilen.

[quote]snewbold wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ggarrett wrote:

Please?

LMAO. Why is there a presumption that any person who brings up I, BODYBUILDER is sitting around and doing nothing?[/quote]

I didn’t say people were “doing nothing”. On the contrary, I absolutely believe the people asking these questions are doing quite a few things…like bullshitting in the gym without any idea what intensity actually means…or training for years yet still looking like they’ve never lifted.

No, I don’t think these people are “doing nothing” at all.

[quote]
By the way, I love how your handle is the guy that tells everyone that they aren’t training hard enough. While I respect your knowledge of training, your condescending attitutde towards the other posters, based on pure speculation of what you think their habits probably are, is reminiscent of the “pump you up” skit from Saturday Night Live in the early 90’s with Dana Carvy and Kevin Neilen. [/quote]

My handle? That usually refers to what others call you, as in your name or sobriquet. Either way, I sure would love for ONE of these guys to prove me wrong and show that they indeed do look built already proving they aren’t just another weekend warrior newbie looking for that one special magic supplement to finally put slabs of beef on their bodies.

Oh, and Saturday Night Live hasn’t been great since Eddie Murphy left and Dan Aykroyd was tearing things up.