7 Mumbai Jihadists were from UK

All I can say is that you guys should advise the Indian government on this issue - they seem to be looking in the wrong direction. Someone tell them! Lol.

Oh, and, English is official admin language in Pakistan, just like in India. Just speaking ‘fluent English’ is no indicator for a UK connection.

I don’t get what’s wrong with waiting for and dealing with the facts. They may obviously get in the way with certain pre-conceptions. But normally that doesn’t seem to stand in the way anyway.

So again - lets wait for the facts to come in - there’ll be plenty of opportunity for conspiracy theories and stereotyping.

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:
Oh, and, English is official admin language in Pakistan, just like in India. Just speaking ‘fluent English’ is no indicator for a UK connection.
[/quote]

…how can one not know this? I guess many aren’t even aware that Pakistan and India were one country, and only separated after the British relinquished it’s rule over India in 1947. India was my history exams project in highschool, where we learned more than just our own country’s history…

[quote]ephrem wrote:
makkun wrote:

…how can one not know this? I guess many aren’t even aware that Pakistan and India were one country, and only separated after the British relinquished it’s rule over India in 1947. India was my history exams project in highschool, where we learned more than just our own country’s history…
[/quote]

America, fuck yeah!

[quote]makkun wrote:
All I can say is that you guys should advise the Indian government on this issue - they seem to be looking in the wrong direction. Someone tell them! Lol.

I don’t get what’s wrong with waiting for and dealing with the facts. They may obviously get in the way with certain pre-conceptions. But normally that doesn’t seem to stand in the way anyway.

So again - lets wait for the facts to come in - there’ll be plenty of opportunity for conspiracy theories and stereotyping.

Makkun[/quote]

All I can say is that you’ve ignored the other articles linked and chosen to believe what you want to believe.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
makkun wrote:

[/quote]

Guy, whether or not English is the official language, plenty of people in Pakistan speak their regional dialect. It’s just like in India: English is the official language, but plenty of people speak a dialect of Hindi or Urdu on a day-to-day basis and don’t speak English.

The captured terrorist was from some backwater town, apparently. Apparently, some guy in Britain was arrested yesterday in connection with the same group. The Indians were saying one thing until NuLabour officials showed up and now they’re saying something else.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
I like the facts on the captured jihadist from Makkun’s article:
Suspect named as Azam Amir Qasab
21 years old, fluent English speaker
Told police he is from Faridkot village, in Pakistan’s Punjab province
Said the attackers took orders from handlers in Pakistan

He learned “fluent English” in Faridkot village in Pakistan, huh? Thanks for clearing that up for us Beeb![/quote]

Actually, the Indian press can’t agree on what the guy’s name is. It appears to be Ajmal Amir Kamal, Muhammad Ajmal, Muhammad Amin Kasab, Azam Amir Kasav or Azam Amir Kasab.

There are lots of Faridkots in both India and Pakistan, although the Indian media seem to only want to focus on the Pakistani ones, even though the villagers just respond with WTF?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20081202.BOMBVILLAGE02/TPStory/TPInternational/Asia/

[quote]ninearms wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
I like the facts on the captured jihadist from Makkun’s article:
Suspect named as Azam Amir Qasab
21 years old, fluent English speaker
Told police he is from Faridkot village, in Pakistan’s Punjab province
Said the attackers took orders from handlers in Pakistan

He learned “fluent English” in Faridkot village in Pakistan, huh? Thanks for clearing that up for us Beeb!

Actually, the Indian press can’t agree on what the guy’s name is. It appears to be Ajmal Amir Kamal, Muhammad Ajmal, Muhammad Amin Kasab, Azam Amir Kasav or Azam Amir Kasab.

There are lots of Faridkots in both India and Pakistan, although the Indian media seem to only want to focus on the Pakistani ones, even though the villagers just respond with WTF?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20081202.BOMBVILLAGE02/TPStory/TPInternational/Asia/

[/quote]

So now the official line holds less water than before:

[quote]The Faridkot link is a key plank of India’s “evidence,” stated with certainty, that the attackers of Mumbai came from Pakistan. The captured terrorist, variously named as Ajmal Amir Kamal, Azam Amir Kasav or Azam Ameer Qasab, is said to come from Faridkot, which is repeatedly described as being near Multan.

He is said to be 21 and speak fluent English, and a strikingly clear photograph of him shows a modern-looking young man swaggering in Western clothing, AK-47 in hand.

Shown a picture of the alleged militant, Mr. Daha said: “That’s a smart-looking boy. We don’t have that sort around here.”

In Faridkot, no one appeared to be able to speak much English; most could converse only in a dialect of the provincial language. None of the villagers recognized the face in the photograph, nor could they think of anyone mysteriously missing from the village.[/quote]

The small goatherding village of Faridkot turned out this Western-looking fluent English speaker when the rest of the townspeople speak the regional language? “Azam Amir Kazav” sounds like a Chechyan name, btw.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
ephrem wrote:
makkun wrote:

Guy, whether or not English is the official language, plenty of people in Pakistan speak their regional dialect. It’s just like in India: English is the official language, but plenty of people speak a dialect of Hindi or Urdu on a day-to-day basis and don’t speak English.

The captured terrorist was from some backwater town, apparently. Apparently, some guy in Britain was arrested yesterday in connection with the same group. The Indians were saying one thing until NuLabour officials showed up and now they’re saying something else. [/quote]

…the ability to speak more than one language fluently might seem astonishing to you, but it really isn’t…

[quote]ephrem wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
ephrem wrote:
makkun wrote:

The captured terrorist was from some backwater town, apparently. Apparently, some guy in Britain was arrested yesterday in connection with the same group. The Indians were saying one thing until NuLabour officials showed up and now they’re saying something else.

…the ability to speak more than one language fluently might seem astonishing to you, but it really isn’t…
[/quote]

It’s not astonishing at all. What is astonishing is that we’re expected to believe the official story. You apparently do.

BTW, are you a Muslim?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
It’s not astonishing at all. What is astonishing is that we’re expected to believe the official story. You apparently do.

BTW, are you a Muslim? [/quote]

…so you’d rather believe your own story? No, i’m not a muslim, i’m an atheist…

[quote]makkun wrote:

Makkun[/quote]

But why wait when the conspiracy theories and stereotyping can begin right now!!!

Did I mention that you should all be really scared of Muslims! It’s really important!!! Don’t forget!!! I’ll make another thread about it next week!!!

PS Obama is a racist secret Muslim

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
makkun wrote:

Makkun

But why wait when the conspiracy theories and stereotyping can begin right now!!!

Did I mention that you should all be really scared of Muslims! It’s really important!!! Don’t forget!!! I’ll make another thread about it next week!!!

PS Obama is a racist secret Muslim [/quote]

Are you teh muzlim also?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:

All I can say is that you’ve ignored the other articles linked and chosen to believe what you want to believe.[/quote]

What I believe is pretty irrelevant. What the Indian government believes is much more relevant - and scary given the tensions with Pakistan over that. All I say is wait for the facts to come out and work with them then. But obviously, that is less fun than going off on a tangent, I understand that.

Makkun

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
ephrem wrote:
makkun wrote:

Guy, whether or not English is the official language, plenty of people in Pakistan speak their regional dialect. It’s just like in India: English is the official language, but plenty of people speak a dialect of Hindi or Urdu on a day-to-day basis and don’t speak English. [/quote]

English is only an official language because of the colonial era. Back then it was something that you learned if you wanted to get ahead in life, because you needed to know it if you worked for the British. It’s not something the peasents living off of the land in a remote village had any need to learn so they didn’t. [quote]

The captured terrorist was from some backwater town, apparently. Apparently, some guy in Britain was arrested yesterday in connection with the same group. The Indians were saying one thing until NuLabour officials showed up and now they’re saying something else. [/quote]

Ever since Nulabour came to power they have been doing everything they can get away with to make Britain an islamic state. Part of the Nulabour agenda is covering up the activities of Britains Islamists so people won’t become alarmed and want to change course.

The British still have a lot of pull with the Indians, so they could get them to go along with their agenda. The Indians would have nothing to gain from saying that some of the terrorists were British, but Nulabour could have told them they had mush to lose from letting people know British Pakistanis were involved. Since most of the terrorists were Pakistani there would be nothing to lose saying they all were Pakistani and leaving it there.

Britain by the way is even more unprepared for a Mumbai style attack than India was. The majority of British police are unarmed and untrained in the use of firearms. The British populace is totally unarmed and completely defenseless. If an attack like Mumbai happened in Britain special armed responders would have to be delivered in from a remote site, which would give the terrorists lots of time to go on a rampage.

One valuable lesson that we can learn from Mumbai is that an unarmed populace is a terrorists wet dream, there is a legitimate place in a civilians arsenal for hand guns and assault rifles, but Nulabour will never back down on the gun ban. This is why they would want to convince people that Britsh Pakistanis were not involved.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,461067,00.html

maybe they’ll get some answers.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:

maybe they’ll get some answers. [/quote]

They should be done by now. Is he from the peaceful goatherding village of Farikdot or not?

[quote]Chushin wrote:
You don’t really believe he’s a Muslim, do you? That’s just more hate-filled propaganda from the Islam-haters. A Muslim would NEVER do such a thing! Islam is a religion of peace![/quote]

Hey, sometimes it’s fun just to buck the current intellectual trends!

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
apbt55 wrote:

maybe they’ll get some answers.

They should be done by now. Is he from the peaceful goatherding village of Farikdot or not? [/quote]

Haven’t been able to find any info on it yet?