6th Grader Banned From Scoring Touchdowns

Don’t understand.

If he runs for a fourth touchdown, what happens? His team gets a 1st down 1 yard from the end zone?

This is not like the cases where they don’t keep score, nor like the cases where everybody gets the same trophy. This kid is still going to be the top scorer in every game, and his team is still virtually guaranteed to win every game. If I understand the rule correctly, any time his team’s lead drops below 14 points, he can go ahead and score another touchdown. It seems to me as though the rule just broadens participation in the game, while still allowing the most talented player to dominate to some extent, and still giving the other teams’ players a good solid taste of reality (somebody else is clobbering you because he is far more skilled than you are).

And before we compare this one-person scoring limitation with taxing investment returns more heavily: bear in mind that scoring more touchdowns does not provide the world with more material goods, nor more services, nor more jobs.

[quote]streamline wrote:
I quess he’ll have to practise his reverse lateral pass. They didn’t say he couldn’t play, they’re just limiting his scoring. I think that can be very helpful. He’ll learn to use his teammates to accomplish his goals, no pun intended. Let’s remember they are kids and adults have a way of distroying kids with their own personal agendas.[/quote]

Good point. If he has scored 3 touchdowns and his team is up by 14 points: he can still run the ball to the 1-yard line; look for an open, sufficiently-skilled teammate for a reverse lateral; fall on the ball at the 1-yard line if nobody suitable is open.

Anyway, “props” to this kid.

Only 7 touchdowns? So he had 7 carries for the game?

Snowflake rule.

This kid should get a t-shirt made

“Football maybe it’s not for you”

and send it to the opposing coach.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Snowflake rule.

and send it to the opposing coach. [/quote]

LOLz

We already had those made for the bodybuilding forum.

“13” arms after 25 years of training? Time for a new hobby."

I was told to stop scoring goals in a hockey game once.

Really if they want to have a positive outcome they should just stop the game. Then once the game is stopped the winning team should literally run a clinic to show the losing team how to not suck so much.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Snowflake rule.

and send it to the opposing coach. [/quote]

LOLz

We already had those made for the bodybuilding forum.

“13” arms after 25 years of training? Time for a new hobby."[/quote]

I coached my sons pewee football and at that age I can understand to a point putting some restrictions on the kids for SAFETY reasons. Like we weighed the kids so you couldnt put the 5 foot 200 pound kid as a running back to steam roll the D. But if you had an athletic kid that could dominate well sucks if you didnt have him on your team.

And if somebody has 13 inch arms after 25 years then they need to go see a Doc cause they probably have Cancer or thyroid dysfunction. Damn other wise they are doing it wrong for sure.

As I soccer coach I have pulled my top players to not run up the score, but this should fall to personal integrity.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
As I soccer coach I have pulled my top players to not run up the score, but this should fall to personal integrity.[/quote]

That is your right as a coach, however not how I was raised. Its not personal but I was raised that you have no one to depend on but yourself and the world could care less if you succeed or not. Failure is part of life the quicker you come to terms with that the better.

My best friend growing up was a grown ass man in 5th grade so I can feel the other kids pain lol. Crazy they already had a rule in the league regarding dominate players. Should be interesting to see how this kid does when he gets to the SEC…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
As I soccer coach I have pulled my top players to not run up the score, but this should fall to personal integrity.[/quote]

That is your right as a coach, however not how I was raised. Its not personal but I was raised that you have no one to depend on but yourself and the world could care less if you succeed or not. Failure is part of life the quicker you come to terms with that the better. [/quote]

While I do agree with what you have written, I don’t believe you would be the type to pile on. But that could be because I do believe you are a man of integrity and we are talking about kids sports.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

That is your right as a coach, however not how I was raised. Its not personal but I was raised that you have no one to depend on but yourself and the world could care less if you succeed or not. Failure is part of life the quicker you come to terms with that the better. [/quote]

While I do agree with what you have written, I don’t believe you would be the type to pile on. But that could be because I do believe you are a man of integrity and we are talking about kids sports.[/quote]

No you are correct I would not, however I would not being trying to teach my kids to hold back either.

Funny my dad was our soccer coach when I was a kid, now that was early 80’s. We would go up on teams and he would start yelling “now” at certain points in the game. That was a que for whoever had the ball to kick it as hard as possible out of the field of play. During that time the fields were more spread out. So the refs would have to waste time going to get the ball. Real clock killer.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

While I do agree with what you have written, I don’t believe you would be the type to pile on. But that could be because I do believe you are a man of integrity and we are talking about kids sports.[/quote]

No you are correct I would not, however I would not being trying to teach my kids to hold back either.

Funny my dad was our soccer coach when I was a kid, now that was early 80’s. We would go up on teams and he would start yelling “now” at certain points in the game. That was a que for whoever had the ball to kick it as hard as possible out of the field of play. During that time the fields were more spread out. So the refs would have to waste time going to get the ball. Real clock killer. [/quote]

Part of it could be that I coach girls, it is a whole different mindset. I have never been a win at all cost type of guy though. I expect your best effort, but even when the other team is smack talking and such my girls know to show sportsmanship. I just tell them to let their game speak for them.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Funny my dad was our soccer coach when I was a kid, now that was early 80’s. We would go up on teams and he would start yelling “now” at certain points in the game. That was a que for whoever had the ball to kick it as hard as possible out of the field of play. During that time the fields were more spread out. So the refs would have to waste time going to get the ball. Real clock killer. [/quote]

Part of it could be that I coach girls, it is a whole different mindset. I have never been a win at all cost type of guy though. I expect your best effort, but even when the other team is smack talking and such my girls know to show sportsmanship. I just tell them to let their game speak for them. [/quote]

Smack talk is anther conversation.

I have always been taught and teach shut your mouth and play the game.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Part of it could be that I coach girls, it is a whole different mindset. I have never been a win at all cost type of guy though. I expect your best effort, but even when the other team is smack talking and such my girls know to show sportsmanship. I just tell them to let their game speak for them. [/quote]

What you’re doing is different…as a coach you are controlling the game. You see that you’re side is “killing” and you pull back. It is done in a way where you don’t have to actively blow a horn so to speak and pull your star off the field.