65% Fat Diet FTW

I have read that you work/have worked with older people, have any of them tried this diet out? It seems it would be good for someone who does not train as often, still allowing them to eat more carbs on the weekend.

On your stint did you count carbs from veggies? I did not see Whiton make mention of it.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I’ve read recommendations of upwards of 3-4 TBSP/day… not sure how to get that much other than pills, and the pills are crazy expensive compared to the oil.

I’ve tried a shot glass like with EvOO, not the best, but doable I guess. In shakes/cooking it workds best I find.[/quote]

FWIW, Matt Poteet said only 30% of fats should come from oils, the rest coming from animal sources. So I guess it should come down to ratios, depending on how many calories you’re eating.

3-4 TBSP seems very doable to me, say 1 TBSP per meal?

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

I’ve read recommendations of upwards of 3-4 TBSP/day… not sure how to get that much other than pills, and the pills are crazy expensive compared to the oil.

I’ve tried a shot glass like with EvOO, not the best, but doable I guess. In shakes/cooking it workds best I find.[/quote]

FWIW, Matt Poteet said only 30% of fats should come from oils, the rest coming from animal sources. So I guess it should come down to ratios, depending on how many calories you’re eating.

3-4 TBSP seems very doable to me, say 1 TBSP per meal?[/quote]

Like I said, it’s more about how to “add” it to meals. Not exactly an oil you drizzle on food, nor is it that good shot glass way compared to EVOO or walnut oil. I’ve tried to cut down on my protein shake intake, but if I do include more in the future that would be an easy way.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
I have read that you work/have worked with older people, have any of them tried this diet out? It seems it would be good for someone who does not train as often, still allowing them to eat more carbs on the weekend.

On your stint did you count carbs from veggies? I did not see Whiton make mention of it.[/quote]

Not that I know of. I just shared this info with them today and showed them a video on fat being good for us from Dr. Weil. I’ve been preaching fat is ok/good for us there for a year, but it’s hard to undo 30 yrs of brainwashing right away, plus new people join in so I tend to talk about it a lot.

They are coming around to the idea that beef and eggs are perfectly fine to eat.

Like I said, it’s more about how to “add” it to meals.
[/quote]
Missed that part. Maybe scramble into eggs or even egg whites replacing the yolk fat. I like sauteing broc in it which kind of soaks it up… Veggies like egg zucchini, squash and especially egg plant tend to soak up a lot of oil… Melt a TBSP or two and mix into chicken salad… Buy lean GB, melt the EVCO, add into GB and make into patties. I think that’s all the ways I’ve used it.

They are coming around to the idea that beef and eggs are perfectly fine to eat.[/quote]

You’re a better man than I am… I would have just started shoving GB down Granny’s throat by now.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

They are coming around to the idea that beef and eggs are perfectly fine to eat.[/quote]

You’re a better man than I am… I would have just started shoving GB down Granny’s throat by now.[/quote]

GB?

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

You’re a better man than I am… I would have just started shoving GB down Granny’s throat by now.[/quote]

GB?[/quote]

Ground beef, haah.

ahh… it’s sad really. One lady asked about what she should eat when I had a doctor come in and talk about supplements/medication interactions (she’s type 2 diabetic). The lady mentioned she gave up chicken livers long ago b/c of cholesterol. So, I politely interrupted and essentially gave a 30 sec spiel on the topic. Not even a month later the lady still feared eating chicken livers b/c of cholesterol.

that is frustrating, but I can sort of understand

How’s your energy levels and what is your peri workout nutrition like?

Did you follow the anabolic diet 12 day >30g carbs/day? One last question lol…did you or are you considering playing around with daily carb intake like mentioned in anabolic/metabolic diet? Some people, especially around workouts, will take in 30-100g of carbs per day.

Peri workout is 20g BCAAs.

I haven’t read the Anabolic Diet yet, it’s on my list though.

if anything, I would be interested in testing the recommended diet of low-fat/high carb and see what that does to blood work. Probably won’t though

Jehova,off topic but was doing some reading and remembered your wife had acne issues. Has she tried high dose pantothenic acid? 5-10g per day works very well for some. Worth a try and getting some B5 powder.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
Jehova,off topic but was doing some reading and remembered your wife had acne issues. Has she tried high dose pantothenic acid? 5-10g per day works very well for some. Worth a try and getting some B5 powder.[/quote]

isn’t panto, B5? unless my pneumonic device is wrong :wink: or you saying just pick up the powder and go 5-10g?

she has not tried that, she’s currently added DIM, so want to see how that works, along with a logner stint on the Paleo Diet.

thanks for the heads up

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
Jehova,off topic but was doing some reading and remembered your wife had acne issues. Has she tried high dose pantothenic acid? 5-10g per day works very well for some. Worth a try and getting some B5 powder.[/quote]

isn’t panto, B5? unless my pneumonic device is wrong :wink: or you saying just pick up the powder and go 5-10g?

she has not tried that, she’s currently added DIM, so want to see how that works, along with a logner stint on the Paleo Diet.

thanks for the heads up[/quote]

if the DIM doesnt work its probably due to gut issues not eliminating the estrogens properly, in that case calcium d-glucarate pairs nicely with the DIM.

just a heads up.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

thanks for the heads up[/quote]

if the DIM doesnt work its probably due to gut issues not eliminating the estrogens properly, in that case calcium d-glucarate pairs nicely with the DIM.

just a heads up.[/quote]

Yeah, you or someone else mentioned that before. Figured I’d start one at a time to see. It’s been almost 2 weeks, will give it another week then pick that up.

Yeah, B5/panto. Powder is cheaper and easier to get people to use high enough doses. 5g and 10g would be 10 and 20 capsules respectively. I tried convincing my brother to give it a try saying “go up to 20 capsules per day” he refused saying that many pills cant be good for you. Then I told him to try 3 tsp (i think) of powder spread through out the day and he agreed like that…

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
Yeah, B5/panto. Powder is cheaper and easier to get people to use high enough doses. 5g and 10g would be 10 and 20 capsules respectively. I tried convincing my brother to give it a try saying “go up to 20 capsules per day” he refused saying that many pills cant be good for you. Then I told him to try 3 tsp (i think) of powder spread through out the day and he agreed like that… [/quote]

funny how the mind works right. I do the same with liquid fish oil for people rather than tell them take 20-30 pills, they can wrap their head around that better

How do you utilize the walnut oil and chia seeds on a daily basis?

[quote]Gup wrote:
How do you utilize the walnut oil and chia seeds on a daily basis? [/quote]

walnut oil in a shot glass with maybe 1-2oz of water and oil on top.

chia seeds just dump a TBSP in a glass of water, maybe 3-4 oz and drink ASAP