6'3", 163 Pounds. What Bodyweight for Athletic Performance?

Sure so I should target to have weight around 185 or somewhat lesser through muscle mass.
I definitely am inclined to explosive stuff (being neurotype 1b) but I am not super explosive due to my height so I should build up some strength first.
Thank you very much sir for replying and answering my query :grinning:

Sure thanks for the info. I will definitely take this into consideration.

Most successful (numbers of wickets and avereges) are quickish bowlers. Fast medium pace, not super fast. Super fast (+92) at test match level lack (relatively) some control, lateral movement and the ability to sustain their pace. At club level the fast medium triumph due to their greater accuracy and the inability of fielders and wicket keepers to catch the edges off the fast guys.
Look at Anderson, McGrath, Broad, Walsh Hadlee etc. Steyn is the only super fast in the best all time figures. Macolm Marshall in IMO is the only guy able to hit both very fast pace and well controlled fast medium. Genius. Look at his average.
Typically they are in the 6ft1 to 6ft4 range except Walsh, Big Bird etc from West Indies. Malcolm 5ft10 I guess. Probably in the 170-180 ish lb range.
All are lean athletic rather than muscular, fast twitch dominant.
If you want a general athletic looking physique without a lot of work to pump up muscles they are good examples. Same as tennis players and 100-400 sprinters.
If you are an explosive athlete but slim, aka Kim Collins rather than Ben Johnson if you see what i mean, I would go with Thibs number of 175. Getting 180+ will take time and energy away from time spent on cricket.

Ya I agree with your point that most of the successful fast bowlers are not very fast and are fast medium bowlers but your assumption that they are between 170-180 ish lb look very unrealistic . They are definitely heavier than that .

Jimmy Anderson 168, Stuart Broad 187, Steyn 180, Imran Khan 165, Glenn Mcgrath 202. Dont agonise over the absolute weight too much.
You are a very good height for FM bowling. If you can get from 163 to 180 with natural growth and useful muscle you will be in the right ball park for bowling and athleticism for other sports.
At your age you will know if people consider you fast, whether you get bounce and can swing the ball. If you can the strength training is just the iceing on the cake.

1 Like