6'2, 180's Powerlifter?

cuttin is useless if your a powerlifter. every little bit of your body can help. im about 5’5" and i finally found a way i can put my height or lack of it to use. most powerlifters are tall so there is no excuse there. i have a fairly short way to squat bench or anything. no excuse though. my arms are usually 2 inches shorter or about the same length as everyone i know. my legs are something people can argue about though. dont lose weight. if anything get bigger and stronger. your going to need to eat like a mad animal if you want to get stronger. a restricted diet will destroy your dreams. btw, i think you can do anything you set your mind to. i didnt believe in my wildest dreams i would be benching 300+ lbs. before i turned 18. this was before gear :slight_smile: hmm, 180 lbs.? im over 200lbs. START EATING BUDDY. wanna lose some fat? maintain muscle. you probably wont even need much cardio. IMO its pointless but i enjoy it.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me. The general consensus is that I should gain weight. Or maybe try different weights. And, apwsearch: Yes. I have a lot of fun lifting. I look forward to going to the gym. In fact, I scheduled my workouts on workdays before work, just to make sure I don’t dread Mondays.

The suggestions not to worry about weight make sense. But for me, I have to conciously choose a direction to go with weight. Even then, things don’t always go according to plan. For instance: I got a caliper test today. It showed 10% bodyfat on a 184# frame. For crying out loud! Even watching what I eat, I lost weight and gained fat! But I’ll work that out.

Anyway, I’m going to subscribe to Powerlifting USA, check out some meets, and pick a meet to compete in, whatever weight class I end up in.

Ghost22: If you’re still following this thread - What were your squat, bench, and DL at 165#?

Thanks again guys. I look forward to hearing from you again.