605lb Squat for Reps

Awesome strength. 260lb, 6’1, 19 year old Wisconson Fullback squatting 605 for 9 reps.

-MAtt

Thats some fucking power for your ass

It’ll be interesting to see what holes people can pick in it.

Extremely fuckign strong, and damn good squats IMO.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
It’ll be interesting to see what holes people can pick in it.
[/quote]

Yeah he is strong, but all that strength is worthless if he doesn’t have the skills on the field.

And that didn’t quite look like parallel to me.

Plus, he was wearing a belt so its not like he lifted it on his own.

That is bad ass. The only hole I can poke in it is that he did them basically high bar, which means he could do even more if he got use to low bar style! Well done to that dude.

Aint nothoing to hate on here, bar was highbar like the guys said. Depth was “enough” especially for football.

I mean what more can you ask for, this is already good for any fullback at any level.

Now THAT’S training. Great clip.

Damn! I can’t believe he got 9 reps. He got right up under it and made it look light when he unracked it.

That would be cool if the whole group acted like that for everyone every time they lifted.

Tough to be critical of that. I think I strained watching that last rep.

DIESEL

yeah, but he’s not functional. Plus he had about 20 hype-men which as we all know adds significant weight to your set. The formula is as follows:

New 9RM= #Hype-men(1RM + decibels of music) - gravity

…He’s a goddamn beast. This might be my favorite youtube video of all time.

Obvious flaws

1. Rep cadence not consistent.
  2. No dark sunglasses.
  3. No clear mind muscle connection.
  4. Too focused on lifting weight and not feeling the contraction.
  5. No backwards baseball cap.
  6. Partners wearing neither sunglasses or backwards baseball caps.
  7. Ignored Weider Wisconsin Fullback Principal.
  8. No pad on bar.
  9. Did not clearly pre-exhaust with leg extensions
  10. Rested too long afterward to sear cuts into his thighs with leg presses.

IS there any benefit to squatting without a shirt?

I obviously cant just take my shirt off at my gym, nor would I to begin with, but I just chalk up my shoulders and I never have any problems with slipping of the bar.

Not to hijack the thread, but I didn’t want to make a new thread just for this video.

Anyways, its a 3xBW Front squat for 5 reps…

he can squat like 800 if he dosent hurt him self this guy could set some crazy powerlifting records

WOW!!! thats all I can say…

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
IS there any benefit to squatting without a shirt?

I obviously cant just take my shirt off at my gym, nor would I to begin with, but I just chalk up my shoulders and I never have any problems with slipping of the bar.[/quote]

Makes your badass level skyrocket.

You’ll get there one day, don’t worry.

holy shit. that is rediculous. how many people can do that at all let alone his age? damn im jealous/impressed. i got a good ways to go to hit that weight.

i really wish i had people puttin me on the spot like that sometimes to rev me up tho…

[quote]jackreape wrote:
Obvious flaws

1. Did not clearly pre-exhaust with leg extensions
    [/quote]

I told Chad Aichs about this technique but the big “sport” skirt wearing MIRL did not believe me. Ideot had to settle for an 1124 squat that moved like he had a feather on his back. Clearly if the guy would pre-exhaust his quads he would have squatted about 1500 pounds.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=47313&tid=97

im watching this shit before my next squat workout for sure.