600 Bench Press RAW

i know his secret…i know how he got such a massive bench. TRICEP KICKBACKS!!!

but seriously we’d really like to hear about your training.

Most of the early years of my training consisted of basic bodybuilding training. I just use to be more focused on moving bigger weights than getting a pump. Weighted dips is my favorite exercise, if there is one secret exercise I would say that’s it. You can get the same feel as bench, use crazy weights and no need for spotter. I try to have my elbows flare same as bench not tucked all the way and not out directly to the side. My newest split which I am very happy with goes like this.

Monday: All Heavy Chest,Shoulders,Triceps
Tuesday: Heavy Legs
Wednesday: Heavy Back and Biceps
Thursday: Cardio,Core
Friday: Light Weight Pump/Speed focus Chest,Shoulders,Rotator cuff,Triceps
Saturday: Light Back and Biceps Heavy Traps and Forearms
Sunday: OFF Eat like a Hog

On Friday the speed part is the bench and close grip bench I tend to lift everything faster than average but the rest of the exercises are more focused on pump and deep stretch.

On the Light days I only take about one minute rest between sets on heavy days closer to 3-4 minutes.

By Thursday your ATP is going to be sapped so the cardio is light low paced just get the blood moving.

That’s a real quick overview if anyone wants to know specific exercises or anything else just ask.

monster

height and weight?

Seeing a guy benching more than I can pull makes double D sad…

…and also talk in third person…

Thats some fucking serious shit

[quote]sincityiron wrote:
Most of the early years of my training consisted of basic bodybuilding training. I just use to be more focused on moving bigger weights than getting a pump. Weighted dips is my favorite exercise, if there is one secret exercise I would say that’s it. You can get the same feel as bench, use crazy weights and no need for spotter. I try to have my elbows flare same as bench not tucked all the way and not out directly to the side. My newest split which I am very happy with goes like this.

Monday: All Heavy Chest,Shoulders,Triceps
Tuesday: Heavy Legs
Wednesday: Heavy Back and Biceps
Thursday: Cardio,Core
Friday: Light Weight Pump/Speed focus Chest,Shoulders,Rotator cuff,Triceps
Saturday: Light Back and Biceps Heavy Traps and Forearms
Sunday: OFF Eat like a Hog

On Friday the speed part is the bench and close grip bench I tend to lift everything faster than average but the rest of the exercises are more focused on pump and deep stretch.

On the Light days I only take about one minute rest between sets on heavy days closer to 3-4 minutes.

By Thursday your ATP is going to be sapped so the cardio is light low paced just get the blood moving.

That’s a real quick overview if anyone wants to know specific exercises or anything else just ask. [/quote]

How do you progress your weights for your main lifts?

What rep ranges do you work in most of the time for the main lifts?

What reps for assistance stuff?

How many “top sets” do you do for each exercise?

Do you ever deload or take time off?

Thanks for the response.

Really impressive benching. Train smart, stay healthy, and get the 650!

By wednesday night you must sleep like 12 hours, three heavy days in a row like that would make me dog tired

ridiculous… x2 on how you progress from one week to the next.

Holy Fucking Shit

Well shit that’s just awesome.

How do you progress your weights for your main lifts? I pyramid up but don’t come close to failure until I get to weight I want to triple. I do a couple heavy sets in between 1-5 reps then pyramid down usually stopping one to two reps before failure.

What rep ranges do you work in most of the time for the main lifts? Between 3-10 reps is the range I stay in on Heavy Day’s compound movements.

What reps for assistance stuff? 6-12 reps

How many “top sets” do you do for each exercise? About 2 sets but bench press I do more.

Do you ever deload or take time off? Just listen to my body, on average I miss a couple days throughout the month for just normal things that come up in life plus every couple months I take a week off.

Basically after Wednesday the rest of the week is pretty easy just pumping blood and getting ready for the next Monday.

My theory behind the 3 hard and heavy consecutive days is an attempt to stress my atp levels and hope my body adapts to the stress and finds a way handle the load better.

HOly crap, awesome bench. Just wondering what you do for lat work for bench: sets and reps, as well as exercises. Thanks in advance.

how can you stand benching that much with those shitty bars? We have them at the base gym (Offutt AFB) and they suck balls…they dont feel solid at all and I am using a little over half what you are doing.

For upper back I stay in the 6-12 range. I am a true believer that free weights are king but I have to admit I love Hammer Strength for back. I Always start with weighted pull ups. I am not a big fan of bent over barbell rows, I know its supposed to be the king of back but I don’t get nothing from them. Single dumbbell rows work better for me. I count rear delts as back so I finish with some reverse pec deck flys try those single arm you will get much better work out of them.

Thanks a lot, and I’ll try those single arm reverse flies next time.

Vicious. I have a deep, visceral envy of you, sincityiron. What are your numbers like on squat and deadlift?

I am in the low 700’s on both but I try to do only triples. I use a safety Squat bar because if I use a conventional bar my shoulder feels likes its going to tear. Scot Mendelson told me he has the same problem and I remember reading somewhere that Bill Kazmaier hurt his shoulder the same way. I really don’t know if I can use a regular bar for squats maybe if I did some intense stretching for a couple months. To bad cant use one of those bars in competition

[quote]sincityiron wrote:
I am in the low 700’s on both but I try to do only triples. I use a safety Squat bar because if I use a conventional bar my shoulder feels likes its going to tear. Scot Mendelson told me he has the same problem and I remember reading somewhere that Bill Kazmaier hurt his shoulder the same way. I really don’t know if I can use a regular bar for squats maybe if I did some intense stretching for a couple months. To bad cant use one of those bars in competition[/quote]

You are a fucking manimal. Congrats. And it would be pretty cool to see a SSB in comp.