6 Yr Old Autistic Musical Prodigy

I have an autistic nephew, call me cheesy, but this nearly brought a tear to my eye.

apparently the kid cannot read or write, and cannot read music, he plays by ear.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
I have an autistic nephew, call me cheesy, but this nearly brought a tear to my eye.

apparently the kid cannot read or write, and cannot read music, he plays by ear. [/quote]

Amazing talent.

And he’s so adorable.

i liked it when he looked at his dad and said “sing it”! haha

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
i liked it when he looked at his dad and said “sing it”! haha
[/quote]

Yeah. I chuckled at that. He’s so lovely.

He’s definitely got big talent. I think it’s particularly impressive that he’s improvising and putting a bit of his own spin on Piano Man, rather than duplicating it.

Not reading music is no big deal. I heard that Jimi Hendrix only began teaching himself music theory in the last year or or of his life.

As for not being able to read or write, the boy is only six! Just give him time. I have a feeling that if he doesn’t somehow overcome the autism, he’ll definitely more than make up for it in other ways.

^^i mentioned the not being able to read or read music only because I thought it made the kids musical abilities EVEN more impressive.

I think that’s the difference between music as a craft and music as a language.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I think that’s the difference between music as a craft and music as a language.[/quote]

That was beautiful.

I swear, we just have to wait a few months and you will drop one on us.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I think that’s the difference between music as a craft and music as a language.[/quote]

That was beautiful.

I swear, we just have to wait a few months and you will drop one on us.[/quote]
LOL

LOL that’s outstanding! Great video. Wish they wouldn’t have cut him off at the end, he was just starting to get into it!

there are lots of vids of him on that site, some of his stuff is pretty raw, but the talent is amazing.

if you notice, he is watching a video of the song he is playing being performed in front of him, just by seeing the person playing and singing (i guess he reads the lips and watches the hands?) he plays that song.

amazing