6 Year Transformation

33lbs LBM in 6yrs is incredible. You look fantastic!

Congratulations with such an improvement. I cannot even begin to image how much hard work you had to put into this, hypertrophy and strength wise!! Much respect to you sir.

And very nice to see on the forum you were a novice in 2006 with “novice” questions and how you’ve grown experienced over the years.

I have some questions.

• you say you do a upper/lower body split: what where your sets and reps like? how many sets per bodypart? etc…
  • what kind of cardio did/do you do?
  • if you had to list the 3 most important elements for your transformation, what would they be and in what order?
  • how did you learn? through trial and error or experience from others?

thanks!

Is your name Chris Redfield and have you fought off hordes of zombies before?

[quote]mistervega wrote:
Congratulations with such an improvement. I cannot even begin to image how much hard work you had to put into this, hypertrophy and strength wise!! Much respect to you sir.

And very nice to see on the forum you were a novice in 2006 with “novice” questions and how you’ve grown experienced over the years.

I have some questions.

• you say you do a upper/lower body split: what where your sets and reps like? how many sets per bodypart? etc…
  • if you had to list the 3 most important elements for your transformation, what would they be and in what order?

thanks!

[/quote]

you say you do a upper/lower body split: what where your sets and reps like? how many sets per bodypart? etc…
Normally about 12 sets hammies 12 quads 12 calves
12 back 12 chest 12 arms
I don’t train shoulders as they’re disproportionately big to my chest
Rep ranges vary I normally follow similar to Poliquin based accumulation intensification phases

If not doing a proper comp cut just 2 hiit/ metabolic conditioning circuits per week

Consistency
    Tracking macros
    Training HARD (I can’t emphasise this enough, mate my 320 deadlift explains how hard I train… I don’t go through the movements, every workout is PAINFUL but I’ve grown to like it)

Lots of my own research and a few courses
    Also the most I learnt was from training with one of Australia’s top bodybuilder and extremely educated ( he travelled overseas to learn And train with multiple pros
    He was my coach for 3 months… The biggest learning experience by far for me

Any ideas on how you’re going to bring up your chest?

What exercises do you think have most contributed to your physique over the years?

[quote]beepjeep wrote:
What exercises do you think have most contributed to your physique over the years?[/quote]

well I’ve always incorporated powerlifting training with bodybuilding
and early on it was just lots of the big basics
squats, deads, bench, military press, pullups, rows.

then further down the road got more into bodybuilding specific exercises using machines mainly hammer strength stuff etc

Biggest change was when I started incorporating tempo and really focusing on the mind muscle connection, contracting on the focus muscle as hard as possible using minimal momentum

Great Job Man I have I long way to go I am 22 and don’t even look as good as your before picture haha.

Impressive mate, it just goes to show that hard work and dedication pay off. What was the biggest challenge, if any, you faced in these years?

[quote]AzCats wrote:
33lbs LBM in 6yrs is incredible. You look fantastic![/quote]

It’s more like 62lb in 9 years. OP, can you do a 3 shot comparo of your pic from the old thread, 2009, and now? Really impressive, consistent progress over the years.

[quote]JonSupps wrote:
Impressive mate, it just goes to show that hard work and dedication pay off. What was the biggest challenge, if any, you faced in these years?[/quote]
tore my patella tendon when I was 18 so just trying to rehab it and be able to smash legs as hard as I want to has been difficult

fantastic build

do you know your measurements?

do you do your own preps?

Excellent progress! Looking good, my friend.

You have the physique I’m aiming for. Still have about 30lbs lbm to go and many strength gains ahead as well.

Nice freaking work! Impressive deadlift too.