5'11
was 20 in the first pic roughly 81kg/178lbs guessing 11%
26 in second pic 94kg/207lbs 8%
I compete in men's physique recently won the IFBB Australasian's

During the transformation I've competed in about 8 powerlifting comps as well
my best lifts are
Squat 220kg/484lbs RAW
Bench 170kg/374lbs RAW
Dead 320kg/704lbs RAW (yes my strongest lift by far I have a video for those who want to see)
at a bodyweight of 89kg/196lbs

Let me know your thought's, any questions let me know :slightly_smiling:

Okay, let’s jump straight into it then.

What has been your general theme throughout the time period of the transformation in regards to:

Diet?

Training?

Recovery?

Supplementation?

Injury/Prevention?

Obviously you made quite a transformation. Good job.

Good stuff man. Always cool and inspirational to see people’s starting points and eventually how they end up (in progress of course) after a serious investment of sweat and of course time.

S

+1 to Ryu’s post

and older T-Nationers will get a kick out of this: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/SpunkayMunkay#myForums/thread/1008851/0

Guess who showed up in an early thread to give this guy a hard time…the mighty Professor X

[quote]MinusTheColon wrote:
+1 to Ryu’s post

and older T-Nationers will get a kick out of this: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/SpunkayMunkay#myForums/thread/1008851/0

Guess who showed up in an early thread to give this guy a hard time…the mighty Professor X[/quote]

Lol, Building muscle takes some time, no matter how good your plans or genetics may be.

So let’s hear some details. I’m sure seeing your progress and hearing the why’s and how’s will be very informative for a lot of people.

S

+1 to Ryu’s post

Guess who showed up in an early thread to give this guy a hard time…the mighty Professor X[/quote]

How did PX give him a hard time? He basically told him to add more muscle to his frame when he was still skinny.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

+1 to Ryu’s post

How did PX give him a hard time? He basically told him to add more muscle to his frame when he was still skinny.[/quote]

His first response:

“That pose generally looks better when you actually some muscle on your frame.”

His second response:

“This is probably the best advice and he will probably not listen to it.”

One of you kids with the Photoshop thing–do me a solid and put my head on this guy’s body. I just want to know what it would be like to look this good.

Awesome job, OP. Now excuse me while I go bury my depression in a quart of ice cream.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

+1 to Ryu’s post

How did PX give him a hard time? He basically told him to add more muscle to his frame when he was still skinny.[/quote]

His first response:

“That pose generally looks better when you actually some muscle on your frame.”

His second response:

“This is probably the best advice and he will probably not listen to it.”[/quote]

You see a reason to be butthurt. I see strong language without malice with the intention to drive the message home. Difference in opinion. That’s cool.

But then, remember this site has the word TESTOSTERONE as it’s name and the slogan at that time was “Dangerously Hardcore”.

Man, you look perfect. Thats all i can say. Great job.

Looking great. I’m still trying to achieve what you looked like in 2009 LOL.

[quote]RyuuBane wrote:
Okay, let’s jump straight into it then.

What has been your general theme throughout the time period of the transformation in regards to:

Diet?

Training?

Recovery?

Supplementation?

Injury/Prevention?

Obviously you made quite a transformation. Good job.[/quote]

Diet?
In general I follow flexible dieting (iifym) was doing intermittent fasting for a while which I really liked, but in general was just meeting the macros I needed for the results I wanted at the time whether it be hyper trophy or fat loss
I never do a massive surplus or deficit maybe 500 cals either way max

Training?
The bulk of my training was a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding
Example
I did an upper lower split
3 upper 3 lower
1 heavy lift first and then hyper trophy training after

Recovery?
Sleep, remedial massage once a week

Supplementation?
Baca, fish oil, multi, vitamin d3, creatine, beta alanine, animal flex, magnesium, zinc

Injury/Prevention?
Remedial massage, stretching

In general I’m a fan of keeping it simple, don’t like any over complicated programming, or diet plans

you look awesome!

TELL US EVERYTHING!

[quote]Yogi wrote:
you look awesome!

TELL US EVERYTHING![/quote]

Ugh, if this guy would have shown up a few days ago I could have skipped the Yogi: How Do You Train thread and just started one for this guy.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
you look awesome!

TELL US EVERYTHING![/quote]

What would you like to know?

For those who are interested
My competition results;

2015 IFBB Australasians Menâ??s Physique Tall Class 1st Place
2014 CAPO Bondi Strength Co Arnold Qualifier 90kg Class Champion with 700kg total (1st place)
2013 CAPO Australian Strength Coach Challenge 90kg Class Champion with 692.5kg total (1st place)
2013 CAPO Australian Strength Coach Challenge 90kg Class Champion with a 678kg total (1st place)
2012 Powerlifting Australia Western Sydney Hardcore Challenge 83kg open RAW (1st place)
2011 ANB Asia Pacific junior bodybuilding (2nd place)
2011 Powerlifting Australia Singleton Strength Triathlon 83kg junior RAW (1st place)

Hell of a deadlift. Would you be interested in sharing how you train it? Has deadlift always been a strength for you?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Hell of a deadlift. Would you be interested in sharing how you train it? Has deadlift always been a strength for you?[/quote]
Thanks mate yeah it’s always been a strong point, first time I ever did a 1rm I got 140kg at 65kg
The way I trained it was once a week work up to a 1rm, that simple, that was normally the 3rd lower session of the week and then hypertrophy training after that

[quote]SpunkayMunkay wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Hell of a deadlift. Would you be interested in sharing how you train it? Has deadlift always been a strength for you?[/quote]
Thanks mate yeah it’s always been a strong point, first time I ever did a 1rm I got 140kg at 65kg
The way I trained it was once a week work up to a 1rm, that simple, that was normally the 3rd lower session of the week and then hypertrophy training after that[/quote]

That’s essentially what I do… When you hit a 1rm, is it usually a true 1rm that you could potentially miss, or do you pick a weight that you’re confident you’ll hit? I’ve missed 565 in 3 of the last 4 weeks, and I’m considering backing off a bit and making sure I hit all my heavy singles.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]SpunkayMunkay wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
The way I trained it was once a week work up to a 1rm, that simple, that was normally the 3rd lower session of the week and then hypertrophy training after that[/quote]

That’s essentially what I do… When you hit a 1rm, is it usually a true 1rm that you could potentially miss, or do you pick a weight that you’re confident you’ll hit? I’ve missed 565 in 3 of the last 4 weeks, and I’m considering backing off a bit and making sure I hit all my heavy singles.[/quote]

Yeah when I do it if it feels good I’ll go for a pb and would be s missed lift many times so I would be going all out true 1rm

WOW x’s 10!!!