6 Whole Eggs a Day

…at 35 i hardly qualify as adolescent, but in tune enough dietwise to have noticed increased backne since i started eating eggs. The shallow kind that are hard to bust. As for not eating yokes: my body reacts differently if i include the yoke, an uncomfortable flushed sensation. This is simply what i do, it’s not something i suggested he should do…

Why are you eating something high in fat and no carbs after you workout?

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…at 35 i hardly qualify as adolescent, but in tune enough dietwise to have noticed increased backne since i started eating eggs. The shallow kind that are hard to bust. As for not eating yokes: my body reacts differently if i include the yoke, an uncomfortable flushed sensation. This is simply what i do, it’s not something i suggested he should do…[/quote]

Wash your back. Don’t blame funkiness on eggs.

[quote]skinnybarstard wrote:
sounds good, ill tell my mum to shut up[/quote]

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you and my rule is 1 whole for every 3 whites.
As far as tuna goes I’ve seen the list of fish most affected by Mercury. If you were eating swordfish in large quantities I’d suggest laying off but tuna isn’t as potent as everyone says. Remember these are the same scientists claiming protein shakes and creatine are 17-alpha alkylated substances and should be banned.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
skinnybarstard wrote:
sounds good, ill tell my mum to shut up, however she does also bitch about the amount of tuna (mercury) im eating, i eat 2-4 cans a day, anything wrong with that?

The mercury is more of a real thing…I’d cut back, eat some chicken instead. If for no other reason than to vary your protein sources.

If you’re hellbent on eating tons of tuna switch to albacore, there’s supposedly less mercury in them.[/quote]

I’ve heard contradicting info on this and was just wondering if someone could back me up here.

I was under the impression that albacore has about three times the amount of mercury present as the light tuna.

Not a huge tuna fan, but curious anyway.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
noticed increased backne since i started eating eggs.[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ephrem wrote:
noticed increased backne since i started eating eggs.

[/quote]

Funny stuff. Yes I also thought that was the case with albacore. Fish that “hang” more towards the surface are more affected by the mercury due to the fact it settles on the water. But I’m no expert.

ephrem wrote:
…at 35 i hardly qualify as adolescent, but in tune enough dietwise to have noticed increased backne since i started eating eggs. The shallow kind that are hard to bust. As for not eating yokes: my body reacts differently if i include the yoke, an uncomfortable flushed sensation. This is simply what i do, it’s not something i suggested he should do…

Wash your back. Don’t blame funkiness on eggs.[/quote]

I spit coffee on this one. LMAO!!!

[quote]timmyboy5410 wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
skinnybarstard wrote:
sounds good, ill tell my mum to shut up, however she does also bitch about the amount of tuna (mercury) im eating, i eat 2-4 cans a day, anything wrong with that?

The mercury is more of a real thing…I’d cut back, eat some chicken instead. If for no other reason than to vary your protein sources.

If you’re hellbent on eating tons of tuna switch to albacore, there’s supposedly less mercury in them.

I’ve heard contradicting info on this and was just wondering if someone could back me up here.

I was under the impression that albacore has about three times the amount of mercury present as the light tuna.

Not a huge tuna fan, but curious anyway.
[/quote]

chunk light is lower in mercury than albacore.

RE: acne… to be fair, if you have a food sensitivity to eggs, or parts of eggs, you may react to them. Eggs are highly allergenic. Although they’re very healthy, eating them every day can theoretically lead to a hypersensitivity to them - some might be more prone to this than others.

notafob wrote:
ephrem wrote:
…i eat 10 eggwhites a day, and the only downside to that is a touch of acne. You can’t beat an egg’s bio-availability, so eat up…

eggs relate to acne?

I am beginning to realize that teenagers blame nearly everything (except the fact that they are teenagers) for why they get acne.
[/quote]

Lol.
They’ll blame the eggs but not the gallons of coke they drink every day.

[quote]Jinx Me wrote:
chunk light is lower in mercury than albacore.[/quote]

Jinx Me is correct here. The smaller the fish, the less mercury. Albacore is larger; and therefore, has more contamination.

Many of the people who tell you too many eggs will do all kinds of injustice to you, do so whilst munching on a greasy pork chop.

Columbus Omega 3 Eggs (a day)are what I eat but they are 1.50 ukp for six mediums which isn’t great value.

howdy,
i eat 6 eggs a day, 3 for breakfast and 3 after my workout. my mum says its bad for me but what do you guys think?
[/quote]

eat the whole eggs dont listen to any of this cholesterol bull.

Yeah, that does sound like a lot of tuna, only because of the mercury thing…

They sell canned chicken, which isn’t bad… took me a couple cans to get used to it.

Of course, there’s always protein bars and stuff, but that’s 'spensive.

And don’t tell your mother to shut up.

sounds good, ill tell my mum to shut up, however she does also bitch about the amount of tuna (mercury) im eating, i eat 2-4 cans a day, anything wrong with that?[/quote]

I average about 30 whole eggs a week. Throwing out the yolk is retarded.

Are you trying to bulk?

Tuna & mercury article on T-Nation:
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-148-diet

There’s a nice summary at the end.

OK OK, stop slating me for telling my mum to shut up. i told her to shut up in a politefull way.

yes i am trying to bulk, i also drink lots of milk and have lots of chicken breast.

Jinx me is right. Everybody reacts different to certain foods. If I was you I’d carry on eating ‘organic free-range’ eggs. If you have a sensitivity or intolerance to them you’ll know.
Also milk (dairy) is one of the most allergenic foods also.

[quote]Jinx Me wrote:
RE: acne… to be fair, if you have a food sensitivity to eggs, or parts of eggs, you may react to them. Eggs are highly allergenic. Although they’re very healthy, eating them every day can theoretically lead to a hypersensitivity to them - some might be more prone to this than others.[/quote]

Very true. The office manager here developed an allergy to eggs in her 20’s, and hasn’t been able to eat them since (she breaks out in hives and has to pay a visit to the ER). That’s a little more severe than acne, though, but you never know.