T Nation

6 Weeks into TRT, the Story So Far

First a big thanks to everyone who helped figure out my situation back in August

So I went to see Dr Savage in the the UK and in order to reduce my SHBG prescribed the following:-

• 100mg danazol EOD
  • 125mg sustanon E5D

My pre-TRT blood work looked like this:

• Total test 30.10 nmol/L (8.64 - 29)
  • Albumin 43.1 g/L (35 - 52)
  • FSH 11.7 IU/L (1.5 - 12.4)
  • LH 10.7 IU/L (1.7 - 8.6)
  • Oestradiol 183 pmol/L (41 - 159)
  • SHBG 93 nmol/L (18.3 - 54.1)
  • Free-Testosterone(Calculated) 0.320 (0.2 - 0.62 nmol/L)
  • Prolactin 296 mU/L (86 - 324)
  • TSH 2.12 mIU/L (0.27 - 4.20)
  • Free T4 16.60 pmol/L (12 - 22)
  • PSA 0.564 ug/L (<4)

I found that splitting the 250mg amp really difficult, having to pre-load another syringe and keep it while injecting the rest. Also I travel a fair amount and pinning E5D makes things a little difficult. So after 3 weeks I switched to E10D.

I would say that after the injection, for the next 4 days I feel great but it tails off and symptoms come back. I seem to get a better reaction to pinning the whole 1ml rather than splitting it.

Certainly not dialled in as you can see from the bloods. The doc has suggested that I now drop danazol, add in anastrozole at 1/4 tablet E3D.

I have blood results after 3 days, then 6 days and I’m waiting for the day 9 results which I will add in to this post hopefully tomorrow.

So on to the bloods…

2018 [October on 250mg Sustanon every 10 days]
Bloods taken 3 days after last injection:-

Prostate Specific Ag(Total) 0.78 ug/l 0.00 - 1.40
Prostate Specific Ag(Free) 0.30 ug/l 0 - 0.90
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 52 nmol/L 16 - 55
OESTRADIOL * 270 pmol/L < 192
Free Testosterone * 36.94 pg/ml 4.0 - 30.0

• Sorry, I thought total testosterone would be included in the test but it wasn’t.

Bloods taken 6 days after last injection:-
D.H.E.A. SULPHATE 3.030 umol/L 2.41 - 11.60
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE *0.504 IU/L 1.50 - 12.40
LUTEINISING HORMONE *0.373 IU/L 1.70 - 8.60 TESTOSTERONE 19 nmol/L 8.64 - 29.00
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 0.275 nmol/L 0.20 - 0.62
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB *55.7 nmol/L 18.30 - 54.10
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX 34.11 Ratio 24.00 - 104.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 112 pmol/L 41.00 - 159.00

Bloods taken 9 days after last injection:-
Oestradiol 116 41 - 159 pmol/L
Testosterone 16.70 8.64 - 29 nmol/L
SHBG 52 18.3 - 54.1 nmol/L
Free-Testosterone(Calculated) 0.250 0.2 - 0.62 nmol/L
Prolactin 179 86 - 324 mU/L
PSA (Prostate) 0.740 <1.4 ug/L

Such a crazy drop in both T and E during a period of just 3 days!

So I’m thinking of following:

• Continue E10D sustanon 250mg
  • Start anastrozole at 1/4 tablet E3D
  • Drop danazol
  • Take bloods again in two weeks. If I’m still seeing the same then switch back to E5D.

What do you guys think to this? I would really value your opinion. Also, the DHEA is interesting, anything I can do to improve that?

Thanks again for any help.

Are you having e2 symptoms? If not. Then don’t take this. Ever.

Guys who have high SHBG need to disregard Total T, it’s a bound hormone that isn’t bioavailable, free testosterone has more value.

You will likely need supraphysiological doses in order to have enough Free T.

weak erections, brain fog and facial bloat.

What’s the apprehension of taking it? That I will sink E too low?

Low e2 is a nightmare. And I would ALWAYS lean towards slightly higher E2, than lower e2.

Slightly high can be adjusted with dose or natural methods.

You just don’t know how you will react, also some people have stated that they are still “not the same” after dropping e2 too low.

I have been dealing with knee issues for about 2 years now because of low e2 bullshit.

Sorry to hear that man, that really sucks.

I think the Drs thinking is that high e is causing my SHBG to shoot up. I really don’t know what to do now lol.

Are you overweight?

I’m 190lbs at 22% bodyfat. So not lean…

Did you ever use Accutane or Finasteride? Usually with high SHBG, there is a reason. Sometimes it IS higher e2 causing it go to up. But why is your e2 so high?

Overweight people or people with shitty livers have more issues with e2 metabolism.

So I had an utrasound on my liver when I first went to an endo. All clean. I actually don’t drink and haven’t ever taken Accutane or Finasteride.

Keto or intermittent fasting? Any other medications?
Sometimes it is environmental.

Nope no IF.

I was on Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) for a few months but I’ve had high SHBG all the way back from 2016 when I first got blood work.

The endo came to the conclusion its genetic. I didn’t feel assured by that to be honest.

Updated with bloods a day before injection

I used this years back and I felt a noticeable difference in what I’m assuming was lowering of SHBG as the product claims. I used it as a natural tho and not on T:

https://proteinfactory.com/product/unleashed-monthly-delivery/

Also detoxing the liver might help with SHBG - I would get some DIM+CDG, up fiber and water for ~ 6 weeks

Tell me what affect Fiber has?

I am interested because I recently started citrucel fiber caps to help with constipation. Thanks.

Estrogen is flushed out through the the colon Insoluble fiber helps this process and blocks it from being reabsorbed

@mike12
Did you get that from me or another source. Cause I was asking this a week ago on here. .lol. I read a Google search exactly what you said about reabsorbing

Cause my e2 crashed I thought for no reason. I stopped my extra zinc cause I wasn’t sure. Will do labs again soon. I didn’t stop the fiber though.

The thing is i may not be able to draw a conclusion because I also switched to shallow im when I dropped the zinc.

I do feel my e2 is back up from the crash.

Thanks Mike. Interesting formula, not sure if I’ll be able to get that in the UK. Had a quick search but couldn’t find it. I guess I could buy the individual ingredients.

I’ve been taking DIM for a few weeks already. What is CDG?

Thanks for your help.

Calcium D-glucarate
“About the product
Helps facilitate complete detoxification and elimination of certain metabolic waste
Supports the body’s natural cleansing mechanisms
May help to maintain normal cellular function and promote liver, prostate, and breast health”

Awesome thanks buddy.