6 Weeks into TRT. Optimization Advice?

Hello Everyone,

Six weeks ago I started TRT and would appreciate feedback from people more knowledgeable than me.

First a little back story. I turned 50 last year and have always had a high T level. Never any AAS and no trouble building muscle or recovering… Until about 5 years ago. 45 shows up and I’m lethargic, progressively lower libido, can’t maintain erection, symptoms of depression, etc. etc… etc…

I’ve been on TRT seven weeks today. 200mg Testosterone Cyp total per week administered in two doses IM 3.5 days apart to the hour.

I’ve been using Arimidex 1mg to 1.5 mg per week through week 4. week 5 and 6 I only took .5mg. I wish I had been consistent but was feeling off and was convinced it was the Arimidex. I don’t know now.

During Week 1 I donated blood because I was concerned about my red blood cell count, hemocrit and hemoglobin.

I lift every morning and feel fantastic. My joints are great, recovery is great, libido is mostly back. Could be better though. I feel very clear headed and my sleep is awesome.

First Blood Test Week 0 - Before TRT.

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 645 NORMAL 250-1100 ng/dL 03
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 97.8 NORMAL 35.0-155.0 pg/mL 03
ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS 54 HIGH < OR = 29 pg/mL 02
DHEA SULFATE 360 NORMAL 70-495 mcg/dL 01
TSH 2.66 NORMAL 0.40-4.50 mIU/L 01
PSA, TOTAL 3.8 NORMAL < OR = 4.0 ng/mL 01
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 6.02 HIGH 4.20-5.80 Million/uL 01
HEMOGLOBIN 18.8 HIGH 13.2-17.1 g/dL 01
HEMATOCRIT 52.5 HIGH 38.5-50.0 % 01
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 253 HIGH <200 mg/dL 01
HDL CHOLESTEROL 71 NORMAL >40 mg/dL 01
TRIGLYCERIDES 108 NORMAL <150 mg/dL 01
LDL-CHOLESTEROL 160 HIGH mg/dL (calc) 01

Second Blood Test Week 6

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 1478 HIGH 250-1100 ng/dL 03
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 301.9 HIGH 35.0-155.0 pg/mL 03
ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS 130 HIGH < OR = 29 pg/mL 02
DHEA SULFATE 417 NORMAL 70-495 mcg/dL 01
TSH 1.83 NORMAL 0.40-4.50 mIU/L 01
PSA, TOTAL 3.1 NORMAL < OR = 4.0 ng/mL 01
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.50 NORMAL 4.20-5.80 Million/uL 01
HEMOGLOBIN 17.5 HIGH 13.2-17.1 g/dL 01
HEMATOCRIT 50.0 NORMAL 38.5-50.0 % 01
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 226 HIGH <200 mg/dL 01
HDL CHOLESTEROL 58 NORMAL >40 mg/dL 01
TRIGLYCERIDES 97 NORMAL <150 mg/dL 01
LDL-CHOLESTEROL 147 HIGH mg/dL (calc) 01

I thought my E2 level would be much lower at the 2nd blood test. I’m not sure where to go from here with it. I hear many say don’t worry about it and others say to get it in the reference range. I’d like opinions on this. I do notice that my T/E ratio is pretty much the same between the two tests. Also my total T is close to 1500 now. What are your opinions on sustaining this long term?

Thanks and I intend to make this an ongoing thread and post periodic updates here.

Any input is very much appreciated!

You should probably lower your dose to 150mg and give it a couple months to see how you feel. I have a good friend that had basically your exact same results after being on 200mg for two years. He’s dropped to 150mg and while he didn’t feel ideal the first month or so he feels remarkably better several months after.

1 Like

You were normal before then added 200 mg test, so not a shock you’re really high 6 weeks in because your body is still producing some t. Wait a few more weeks and your natural test should stop then you’d be where the rest of us are on 200 mg. Fyi you’ll still be high because 200 really isn’t trt, it’s a low cruise.

For hemocrit Donate blood every 2 months. You’ll feel like a weight was lifted off your chest.

Also I do 1 mg anastrozole per week and my e is about 20. Its mixed in my shot.

Yeah… I definitely plan to donate blood as soon as I can and do anything else I need to do. Lot of body composition changes and you make a good point about natural test starting normal and now shutting down. Today is only the end of week 7. I plan on taking another blood test in six to eight weeks.

Your natural test is already shut down 7 weeks in. Using an AI is likely going to cause issues that will become more apparent the longer you’re on TRT.

@maddog352002
There’s more folks on 200mg than any other dose out there. Having your AI added to your shot is the worst way to do it if you’re going to do it. An E2 of 20 is just shy of crashing and not ideal for most.

Your hematocrit went down on 200mg/week vs pre TRT? Ok.
And Your E2 was high before you went on test. This is an interesting case because your numbers before TRT were pretty good. T/E ratio was out of whack tho. What is your body fat %?

A little more back ground on my body fat and muscle. 5’7”. At 30 I was 235 lbs at 15% bf. A year ago I was 230 and estimate about 35% bf. The last year I’ve made some strides to get back in shape but recovery was lacking. Fast forward to week 0… 215 and estimate 30% bf. Currently 7 weeks in and still 215 but body fat has shed dramatically maybe 25% bf. My musculature has always been pretty good and responded to training.

I did donated blood the first week so maybe that explains the hemocrit?

Pics or it didn’t happen

2 Likes

Dropping body fat is going make you’re TRT experience remarkably better (which you already know). I dropped 20 lbs and felt way way way better than before.

I started supplementing my t with an outside source that doesn’t have AI in it. So I’ll have some but less per mg than before. I don’t have an option if I want to keep my doc. I had low e2 before so i haven’t noticed I guess.

@maddog352002
Where are you located?

That would be ifbb level ffmi. If natural not possible

USA. I’m using a sports doc, because my PCP is bad. He only has 1 way he prescribes IM and this is it. 1mg anastrozole per ml. I was 170 total t, with 1.5 LH, 9 E2 when I started. So anything was an improvement.

I’ve started cutting dose from this doc and adding straight test c to make up the difference. The AI side effects worry me from everything I’ve read.

Idk about that Ifbb designation. I’ve always been pretty heavy for my size. And heavier than I look. By 30 I had 10 years of training in. Any which way I’m looking to get down to 200 and significantly leaner. Which is happening fast.

How bout them pics. Im 5’7” and cant imagine being that weight without being fat…

Haha. No. That was 20 years ago. I’m 50 now. Not my intent for this thread. I’m looking for advice on my E levels and my TRT journey.

Right, forgot about the blood donation. Your top priority should be to get Into a fitter/leaner body. It is important for overall health and will make TRT more effective.

It’s happening fast. I can throw just about any workout at my body like I was 15-20 years younger. I’m just being careful to let my joints catch up.

I’m not sure I believe this to be correct. I see a lot of the anti-aging clinics doing this but not real Endos that for sure. Lets be honest for most guys that’s too much. Take the OP as a case in point. Although I’m not sure why the OP would go on TRT anyway as the original labs are pretty darn good for that age.

My 140mg/wk puts me at the tippy top of the LabCorp ranges but within normalcy. I think anything above that is low dose cycling. I’ve got no problem with it but there is no need to pretend it isn’t what it is. Also FWIW I’m also 5’7" and right now about 200lbs / 15% BF. That’s on TRT. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have an addition 30-35lbs on my frame. Sheesh.