T Nation

6 Weeks in, Bloating

Hi, I’m 44 years old, 5’7 181 lbs. I’ve been looking into TRT for several years now. I have all the symptoms of low T, however I just had my labs done for the first time and they came out fairly normal. Just curious what you guys think. Here are my stats:

Serum 511
Free Test 15.1
DHEA 384
TSH 3
LH 5.5
Prostate Specific AG Serum .5
IGF1 132
Estradiol 14.9
Sex Horm Binding Glob Serum 38.2
Thoughts?

Those numbers don’t mean anything without lab ranges.

Sorry about that, here they are:
Testosterone, Serum 511 ng/dL 264-916
Free Testosterone(Direct) 15.1 pg/mL 6.8-21.5
DHEA-Sulfate 384.0 ug/dL 102.6-416.3
TSH 3.000 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500
LH 5.5 mIU/mL 1.7-8.6
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.5 ng/mL 0.0-4.0

Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 132 ng/mL 75-216

Estradiol, Sensitive 14.9 pg/mL 8.0-35.0

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 38.2 nmol/L 16.5-55.9

This lab value is the elephant in the room, this is causing your problems. You need more testosterone to increase estrogen.

This estrogen level would cause misery for most men including fatigue, ED, low libido and moodiness just off the top of my head.

Natural men not on TRT get estrogen from aromatase and also created inside the testicles. If you’ve lost aromatase enzymes that could be why estrogen is low.

You probably need TRT to correct low estrogen and prevent/treat osteoporosis. I wouldn’t be surprised if your doctor diagnosed you with osteoporosis tomorrow.

Now you just need to find a doctor that knows what the h*** he’s doing, one that knows hormones well because the average doctor isn’t going to be concerned with the low estrogen value do to a lack of knowledge which is very common in this day and age.

A mistake a lot of people make is believing in range is healthy, for an 8 year old sure, but not a grown man past puberty.

What systemlord said.

On a side note, your IGF1 is kinda low for your age.

Thanks I consulted with a physician last week and they prescribed:

• Test cyp 200mg/ml .35ml SQ inject twice weekly
  • HCG 350IU SQ inject twice weekly
    The doc also prescribed anastrozole but said to only use it if I needed it.

You’re probably going to need the HCG because I believe you might have the low E2 problem on TRT in isolation.

You seriously need to forget about the anastrozole, you’ll never need it considering you need TRT because of low E2.

You adjust your dosages/injection frequencies to get hormones where you need them.

I’m 48 and even with diabetes my IGF-1 is higher (150’s) than yours which is average for someone my age.

Peptides can increase IGF-1 if TRT doesn’t.

I am now 6 weeks into my TRT protocal. I take 350IU of HCG 2x per week and Test cyp 200mg/ml .35ml SQ inject twice weekly. Over the past week I accidentally injected .45ml (I wasn’t wearing my glasses) started feeling very bloated, I think I’ve put on 10lbs of water weight. is it time to take an AI? or should I just ride it out and continue my regular schedule?

Ride it out IMO.

The water weight increase may have nothing to do with estrogen, TRT can increase sodium absorption. It might be a combination of the TRT and especially the HCG which is known to increase water weight.

What would your idea of proper estrogen be?

Tomorrow is my injection day, should I hold off on everything for a few days or continue the protocol as usual? I’m feeling a bit less bloated today.

I do have a fairly salty diet, so that is good to know. Will definitely cut back.

This answer will be different for everyone, there are those who are sensitive to certain hormones and others who are insensitive and are able to handle very high levels without problems.

I see, im 49, 6’3" 285 and my E is around 18 also, i have an upcoming blast but im always tired and wore out so wondering if a month into my 12 weeks if i should get blood work and be ok around 30, when i started my trt a year ago i was 50