6 to 10 Reps Range

Hey CT, what would you suggest for a guy who wanna go for 6 to 10 on his main lift ? With what do you have better result ? i thinked about 5 sets of 6 ?
Let me see what you got in your mind.

Thanks sir !

[quote]bigmax wrote:
Hey CT, what would you suggest for a guy who wanna go for 6 to 10 on his main lift ? With what do you have better result ? i thinked about 5 sets of 6 ?
Let me see what you got in your mind.

Thanks sir ![/quote]

Well, the closer you get to 10, the further away you are from my preferred loading zone for a main movement!

5-6 reps is a fine place for hypertrophy. I find it to be a good compromise between maximum strength and maximum size on strength lifts. I do use 5 x 5 and 5 x 6 with clients quite often (in fact just yesterday I had a client do 5 x 6 on deadlifts and another one do 5 x 6 on bench presses). But 5 x 6 is the highest stress day they have… it is a VERY demanding loading (I’m talking about 5 sets of 6 reps with the same weight, about 80-85%) and as such I do not use it for too long, normally no more than 3 workouts for a lift (so 3 weeks of training if you train each lift once a week) before doing something “easier” like 5 x 3 at 85-90% for a week or two.

Alright coach, but what Will you do before 5 of 6 ? Or after ? Clean snatch ? Isolation after ?
What are you doing with your clients?

Thanks

someone can answer ?