T Nation

6-Oxo Supplement?

Hello, I am a 20 year old male 5’6 142-145lbs and I have been doing a strength/endurance training program (weight lifting + cardio 1-2 times a week)for a couple of years, and I am also thinking about taking up muay thai and or brazilian jiu jitsu. I am using a natural whey protein supplement right now, I eat right (fresh fruits, protein, carb etc.), and I also take vitamins at times.

I recently had an appointment with my doctor, he told me I don’t really need to take the vitamins as long as I am eating right, I am at my ideal weight, my cholestorol, blood pressure etc. is excellent and I do not have any medical conditions, So…I would like to ask… is it alright if I take this anti-estrogen supplement called 6-OXO. here is the link:
http://www23.netrition.com/ergopharm_6oxo_page.html

Reason I am researching this is because I want to increase my performance(strength, stamina etc.)while I am working out and get a better build, possibly gain a little more weight also. Also I am not sexually active at the moment, and I know this supplement will increase the libido, and I already have a high one lol, is this a problem? I know if I show it to my doctor, he will tell me I don’t need it (only because he’s old skool and doesn’t believe in supplements lol) so should it be alright taking it without seeing him?

I can’t really answer this question - however:

Have you looked into Biotest’s Se7en?

Its market specifically for women.

[quote]Ron.Odinn wrote:

Its market specifically for women.[/quote]

I’m a guy, I don’t think I want to take something specifically for women…

Another question then, do you or can anyone else recommend a natural testosterone boosting supplement (eg. yohimbe, horny goat weed etc.)?

I’m curious as to the effects on hormonal levels when you are done taking 6oxo. I’ll look around a send you a PM if I find anything, lemme know if you find anything out. Thanks.

For those interested in 6-OXO, this thread, particularly the reponse by Bill Roberts, is a must read:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=557245

Sorry I got side tracked and thought i finished the post.

Its marketed specifically for women, however it is a great supplement for males and females alike.

Its a super improved Methoxy-7 product.

And after reading the post by mike robinson listed above, it seems that using 6-Oxo isn’t very effective.

Se7en on the other hand is.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
Ron.Odinn wrote:

Its market specifically for women.

I’m a guy, I don’t think I want to take something specifically for women…

Another question then, do you or can anyone else recommend a natural testosterone boosting supplement (eg. yohimbe, horny goat weed etc.)?

[/quote]

Doesnt Rez-V contain an anti-est element?

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
For those interested in 6-OXO, this thread, particularly the reponse by Bill Roberts, is a must read:

[/quote]

As always, pretty much any post by Bill Roberts is a must read!

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

As always, pretty much any post by Bill Roberts is a must read![/quote]

Thanks for the info, it was really helpful…So I guess 6-OXO is out of the question, I will look into Alpha Male. Has anyone here taken a Yohimbe supplement or the goat weed? what are the effects?

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Doesnt Rez-V contain an anti-est element?[/quote]

It’s an anti aromatase keeping test from converting to estrogen with many other health benefits. This should be a standard and for the OP stacked with Alpha Male would cover all test boosting muscle building bases. As always with nutrition and training being solid to begin with.

D