6 Month, 50lb Improvement

Yeah i was looking for it, theres a tnation article but he probably has a pdf out there of his original ideas.

5 times out of 3, the 1st reply to the first advice given tells everyone how the thread will go, and where it will end up, or is it end down?

(5 times out of 3 is how I say 1000% of the time; hey, I needed some poetic license to work in the 5/3/1 reference)

5 Likes

No, I’m being quite sincere.

We’ve passed the point where you’re interested in actual discussion (flipcollar just tried to explain one of the absolute core principles of 5/3/1 to you, and rather than listen and try to understand, you went ahead and doubled-down on your own misunderstanding). By now you’re just arguing just for the sake of being right (which is understandable, because you’re a teenager and that’s basically what teenagers do), even though you don’t even understand what you’re actually arguing about. To cap it all off, you’re calling two experienced, strong lifters who have attempted to take time out of their day to help you names.

You’re currently running an LP, complaining about poor recovery and the constant intensity wearing you down, and it’s been explained to you that 5/3/1 would be a very good option specifically because of that.

Um, okay?

I don’t identify with any program. I’ve told you three times now that I haven’t followed a single program in the last three years en route to a 600-pound deadlift. What I have been attempting to convey is that your situation specifically is a great one to adopt a program like 5/3/1 (which, like, eight other people have told you as well, with many attempts to explain the logic).

You continue to come back with this “it doesn’t progress fast enough for me” while also complaining that the “constant intensity” of Greyskull and other LP’s has been hard for you to recover from. Please try to reconcile these viewpoints.

So why aren’t you listening to the guys who have achieved the goals you have set (and more) about how to get there?

1 Like

sure, i’ll do it. i’m in it for the long run anyway, ill give you guys a chance desipte what i believe and ill do it, ill eat perfectly and in a few months we can compare my progression between 5/3/1 and greyskull.

Now am i going to plan 15lbs per month lower 7.5 upper?

This is entirely the wrong attitude.

You have to believe in what you’re doing.

I can already tell you how this is going to go:

• you’ll start off doing it with this chip-on-my-shoulder, this-is-gonna-suck-but-I-wanna-be-right-so-I’ll-show-those-guys attitude

• about a month into it you’ll be back here making a new thread about how you’ve decided to change a few things around because (excuses)

• your progress will not be as good as you’d hoped

• you’ll “compare your progress” (which is already flawed: the road from a 135 to 225 deadlift is not the same as the road from a 225 to 315 deadlift) and conclude that you were right all along, and that 5/3/1 hampered your gains when it was in fact your shitty attitude and unwillingness to actually execute the program properly

Look, do whatever you want. The best thing for you at this point would be to stop thinking that you know it all, actually read the helpful posts people take the time to write for you (explaining the core principles of 5/3/1, discussing why someone starting threads to complain about trouble with recovery on LP might benefit from a switch to 5/3/1, and explaining why one program isn’t superior to another just becaus it says to increase the weight by X pounds per week).

2 Likes

you clearly still don’t understand the basic concept of the program.

1 Like

I was looking at the wrong 5/3/1 or some shit because I was only considering it since it was full body 3x a week from what I saw. I just got the pdf, it’s upper lower without repeating a single lift in a week. I’m not doing that shit. this shit is literally for females or people who’ve been lifting for years already, there is no fucking way in hell that ur going to add 20lbs to ur working max and be successful on this LOL. I’d have to do the prescribed numbers and make the shittiest gains known to man as a beginner.

loling at how people suggested doing more progression on this program, it’s so explicitly designed with the 10 and 5 in mind.

I’ve done it once before anyway.forgot what it was like other than the gains. I did 5/3/1 for over a month before, like till my second month of lifting. the gains were shitty as hell, I wasn’t impressed that I could add 5lbs to my lifts every 30 years so I switched to some 4-4-8 program, but didn’t like the deadlifts twice a week and the mindless rows on the same day.

God I love teenage shit-talkers who will literally never achieve anything. Seriously man, I can’t wait to see how poorly this turns out. I don’t often wish negative things on other people. But you definitely deserve it, you obstinate prick, you :wink:

8 Likes

don’t say dumb shit then if you care so much about being disagreed with

u’d say the same dumb shit if i added 3 million pounds to my bench, you just are pretentious and identify with dumb things and think ur way is the only way.

yeah lets reduce gains by 70% because its the best way!

u just disagree much as you can for no reason but to be belligerent. then u expect me to still respect you? fuck off retard lmfao

This is why it didn’t work. 5/3/1 is not a short term program meant to peak. It’s meant for long term consistent gains. It works. If it didn’t, lots of people wouldn’t do it.

Don’t worry about the weight on the bar. If you go from squatting 185lbs for 3x5 to squatting 165x20 trust me you got stronger.

3 Likes

That’s the point im not stalling that hard, and the things that totally suck on me are still progressing faster than 5lbs a month.

You are NOT only progressing 5lbs a month. I promise you that. 531 is NOT slower progress.

Look man you gotta listen to the guys stronger than you. These guys above especially know what the fuck they are talking about. I was in the same place you were and all that was happening to me was I was gaining and stalling. Once I listened to these guys advice, all my lifts have consistently gone up. I’ve made more progress in 2017 than I have from 2014-2016. And me personally I don’t have a “program”, but 5/3/1 has some principles that you can use to help guide you.

But looks like 5/3/1 doesn’t appeal to you. That’s ok. It’s not for everyone.

But just know you are not going to keep adding TONS of lbs of weight to each exercise each month. You just won’t. These LP programs trick you into thinking that is how it’ll be forever.

Muscle takes time, as in years to build up.

And don’t be disrespectful to the guys above. @flipcollar @ActivitiesGuy their solid advice about programming and lifting got me to a BW snatch, 100kg c&j, 275 squat, 300lb deadlift, 135lb overhead and that’s with program hopping every week. I just followed the basic principles that work though number 1 and 2 being consistent effort and not going balls to the wall every workout.

Save yourself years of frustration by listening to the strong guys on this forum. If I would have when I first joined T-Nation, I guarantee I would be lifting A LOT more than I am now.

5 Likes

Yeah later ill look at jugg fitness 2.0 and see if u can make it full body 3x a week.

i’m pretty sure you can, also the amrap really controls the progression so you’re doing it more often. i just will need to see how much of the program is polymetrics and shit, i dont have any boxes to jump onto or anything to run around with. it’s like $160 for a 20 inch box. might as well just jump in the air, idk if that box really helps anything.

I’m not disrespecting activities guy i respect him.

i don’t respect flip collar, he likes to disagree with random shit with nothing to base his disagreements on. with goals, he doesn’t understand programming, he just appeals to authority constantly, is hypocritical by not respecting but “demanding” it. not going to treat someone kindly if theyre constantly saying dumb shit and were the first to disrespect.

531 has a good full body. It works.

You don’t need a box. Jump up stairs or go to the park and jump around. You can do broad jumps at any gym that work just as well as box jumps, maybe even better.

If you really want go to home depot buy a flat sheet of wood and get it cut up and screw it into a box.

Less than $40 bucks.

LOL. Trust me this guy understands programming.

531 FULL BODY
DAY 1 - Squat 5/3/1, DB Bench 5x10, DB Row 50-100 reps
DAY 2 - Squat 3x10, Bench 5/3/1, Chin Ups 50-100 reps
DAY 3 - Squat 3x10, Overhead Press 5/3/1, Deadlift 5/3/1

That is all you will need. Run that for 6-12 months with effort. GUARANTEE you will a helluva lot stronger than you are now.

1 Like

yeah my pdf is incomplete then like i thought, i only see an upper lower system in mine, i see fullbody routines with it online that look like my gslp

You really don’t get it. I don’t know what else to say. It doesn’t reduce gains, in any way shape or form. I don’t know why you keep saying that. You’re just flaunting your ignorance every time you make that claim.

2 Likes

What’s there to not get? my progress isn’t slowing down, it’s maintaining or improving because i’ve made some adjustments to my diet and shit. just not early enough. It’s just miserable progress in the context of a 225lb 3x5 bench by the end of a year.

I wouldn’t disagree with you if it was 2 months from now and my gains more than halved on this program. not sure what they’ll do. But for this upcoming month i disagree and do believe the difference between LP and 5/3/1 will be at least a 50% difference this time. In a month maybe ill prove it if i don’t make the switch. 20% per month drop off in strength progression doesn’t sound unresonable, it sounds generous to me. say my ability to recover magically halves tonight and i have to reset 2x as much, i’m still adding 35% more to my 1 rep maxes than i am on 5/3/1.

if we’re doing bigger jumps in progression than prescribed on 5/3/1 that makes it much harder to actually do the program. you’d be better off with LP.

It’s like jumping 10lbs every 2 weeks on ur lifts vs 5lbs a week. The latter is easier. im aware that it ramps to MRV, so it’s more nuanced and less intense than my example.

i’m going to find the full pdf and ill consider it, not doing the upper lower one. gotta find or make something with barbell only 3x fb. if i can find something that i like disregarding my ideas/assumptions on the progression which is what we’d be testing ill do it.

btw you keep saying i don’t get it, but you say nothing to prove what you want me to believe.

I’ve backed up every single one of my arguments with a premise.

You just give a conclusion, that’s not persuasive. If you do give a premise it’s usually appeal to authority, so it just makes a fallacious argument. give me something other than i have more experience than you…

Doesn’t matter if you like me or not, idc if u dont want to help me, you should learn to argue with premises for your own good.

idk what to think now lol the beginner program looks like what i’m doing already just undulation. afraid to give it a try, looks easier.

The answer for you is blowjobs.

If you can tape a 5lbs plate to the back of your head plus have the receiver apply resistance to the back of your head, that would really move things along.

Frequency is king though, so aim for twice dailies - at least 4 times per week.

Aim for mmc, make sure you’re not cheating the movement and moving the neck through it’s full ROM.

This protocol should add the 2" in no time.

5 Likes

thanks bro. i’ll be sure to keep u all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. ill show you what i got.