6 Kids And No Time

So here I am. Putting a post on this website. I’ve been reading it for over a year now. using it for motivation. It has been great. I look for motivation everywhere, all the time. I need it, I have 6 childreen(from 2 2 year olds to 8,9,12, and 15.).

Time isn’t something I have much of. I can’t seem to get anything done around the house, much less special projects.(ex. Dip stand I’m building for a friend, though Mine is done). I’m lucky though, I married someone with a house and 1.5 acres, then built a shop, and a barn.

in the barn, upstairs which I build too. (you have to realize, I am average joe who can do lots of things, but none of them really great, I dive in). anyway, after leaving the fire department of which I volunteered for 7 years, I had no place to work out. the gym here on this little island is small, and with 6 childreen I can’t afford to go, nor do I have the time to travel to get there.

So, I have built my home gym in my barn up stairs. It took about 5 months to get the horses to eat all the hay that was left, and I got some used carpet from the local floor covering dudes. I have about a 24’x24’ area now to work out in and love it. about 700lb’s of plates, and slowly working on building my dumbell collection.

I got my benches from friends, or garage sales. the only new items are the dumbells,(Wal-Mart, and GI Joes), so I don’t have much money into it.(This means anyone can do it) My wife calls it Ghetto. I don’t care except that I’d like to try to get her to use it too. I’ve got before pictures on my profile, and I’m about 25 lbs less than that, but not where I want to be to put after pictures on yet.

I will do it though. My time that I have to be able to work out in MY gym is 5 am. it is the only time I have, but I have that so I am lucky. I have a couple of friends that come over to lift with me, this helps also, but knowing i have that most excelent setup is motivation too. I did all that work, I can NOT let it sit.

I have written this to try to help inspire and motivate because T-Nation has done that so much for me. thank you T-Nation.

By the way, I’m going in in Oct for Vasectimy for 2nd time. wish me luck.

Nice set up. As a fellow father (2 kids) and 5 AM trainer I envy your barn.

I have my weights in the basement and garage and do my chin ups on the kids swingset.

I guess the fucked up the first time you went for a vasectomy?

Anyway, good luck with the lifting.

[quote]rsg wrote:
I guess the fucked up the first time you went for a vasectomy?

[/quote]

Nah, he’s just so uber-studdly, they could only do one ball at a time.

Well, your home gym has double the space that mine has (12x12) so congratulations. I’m trying to figure out if I can fit a squat rack in there…

Have one more first!

Yeah it is a pretty weird suggestion, but I have always thought it would be cool to have seven children, and you seem really cool already.

May the force be with you. I have 2 under 4 years and I know 6 would kill me. I couldn’t imagine having to redo a vasectomy. I am still getting over the words my doc said to me…“can you move your bum a little closer”. It still gives me chills.

I married into the first 4, had one and number 4 is from china about 2 months ago. thanks for the props though
jason

[quote]jasonkramer wrote:
I married into the first 4, had one and number 4 is from china about 2 months ago. thanks for the props though
jason[/quote]

I’m afraid I’m just going to have to know, why a 2nd V?

I think one of your kids will be famous.

Great job on the gym. I have 7 children and I understand the no time thing. My children play sports so I do not have any time after work or weekends, so I lift in the morning too.

After my 4th child I had a vas, then decided to have more children and had a reversal. I had 3 more children. My wife and I decided that was enough and I had another vas.

For me, the most important thing is to show up. No matter what I don’t skip a workout. Sometimes I have great workouts, other times they are not. But it doesn’t matter, lifting is my thing, keeps me going, strong and happy.

What island are you living on?

dwh

Great job on the gym. I have 7 children and I understand the no time thing. My children play sports so I do not have any time after work or weekends, so I lift in the morning too.

After my 4th child I had a vas, then decided to have more children and had a reversal. I had 3 more children. My wife and I decided that was enough and I had another vas.

for me the most important thing is to show up. No matter what I don’t skip a workout. Sometimes I have great workouts, other times they are not. But it doesn’t matter, lifting is my thing, keeps me going, strong and happy.

What island are you living on?

dwh

PULL OUT U BITCH…every animal on this planet manages to procreate without complaining…excuses. BRUTAL.

No, It isn’t excuses… I’m where I am supposed to be, and love it. there is a plan for everyone, I’m living it.

2nd vas is because 10% left getting through from the first

I’m on Lopez

this is looking the other way. I also have built a chin/dip bar which is a beast. V shaped dip for narrow and wide, and the chin bar is about 5.5 feet wide. it stands about 8 feet tall. I’ll include pic of it too.

[quote]puglet wrote:
PULL OUT U BITCH…every animal on this planet manages to procreate without complaining…excuses. BRUTAL.[/quote]

Stupid statement.

The dip stand… I figure it cost me about $175 in materials, and it’s made the way I Want it.

Man, if I were half that handy I might have my own home gym. That looks like a nice set-up. Congratulations on going to such lengths to get in shape.