6 Inch Wrist, 20 Inch Arms?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
In the meanwhile, I’ll keep thinking and theorizing about this until I find something else to think and theorize about.[/quote]

[quote]EctoMorphosis wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:
In the meanwhile, I’ll keep thinking and theorizing about this until I find something else to think and theorize about.[/quote]
[/quote]

Adult ADHD/mental hyperactivity + lots of time waiting on the damn computer

[quote]kakno wrote:
I doubt Scott Mendelson, Ryan Kennelly or Eric Spoto got their bench numbers without their wrists getting at least a little thicker. [/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]kakno wrote:
I doubt Scott Mendelson, Ryan Kennelly or Eric Spoto got their bench numbers without their wrists getting at least a little thicker. [/quote]

I doubt any of them ever gave a flying fuck about bone growth theories.

Why is it that asking [obscure] questions automatically implies that I’ve forgotten the basics of ‘lift, eat, sleep, repeat’?

Granted, I’ve seen a lot of questions around here where someone looks at, say, a Waterbury program and gets overly focused on the details, missing the bigger picture… and the response is “focus on the basics, don’t worry about details of tempo”. That makes sense.

On the other hand, I’ve been working on the basics. I’m not looking at changing what I’m doing.

Just considering the every couple months reiteration of “bone size limits muscle growth” (seems to have been going on for a few years), I felt like digging into the validity of it.

My conclusions (based on a cursory review of the research):

1. Bones don’t limit progress. Muscle makes your bones grow. I.e., lift, eat, sleep is really what matters, not your bone size.

2. Explosive movements that put repetitive pressure that’s in line with the bone may thicken the bone itself… exercises like jerks or overhead jump squats… if there’s any reason you’d want to have thicker bones. (But you’d have to be careful about joint stress.)

Followup questions:

1. While it seems more muscle → thicker bones… is there also a mechanism whereby more bone → more muscle?

2. And if so, wouldn’t it seem worthy to look into training techniques and or diet as a way to increase bone thickness and overall muscle?

If I were you Lorez, I’d be more interested in thickening my back,legs,chest,arms,etc than worrying about your wrist. That should be the very last of your concern. Figuring out some way/means/scenario of thickening your wrist is of no help to the rest of your body. Maybe if you put mass on your whole frame, possibly resulting in your wrists growing 0.014793 mm.

[quote]Bmad wrote:
If I were you Lorez, I’d be more interested in thickening my back,legs,chest,arms,etc than worrying about your wrist. That should be the very last of your concern. Figuring out some way/means/scenario of thickening your wrist is of no help to the rest of your body. Maybe if you put mass on your whole frame, possibly resulting in your wrists growing 0.014793 mm. [/quote]

Glad we’re in agreement. That’s exactly what I’m working on.

LoRez, I’m pretty much on the same page as Yolo on this. I would be surprised if you ever hit a 250 bench for even a few reps, much less 10. I’m absolutely rooting for you, I just don’t expect it, because people like you don’t tend to achieve much in the gym. What you don’t realize is that you’re not the only person I’ve met who wants to analyze this stuff to death. Most of the people on this board know people like you in real life. That’s why you get shit here.

I’ve got a friend from college who started lifting at the same time I did, same age. He was an EE major. The way he analyzed this stuff reminds me of you. He was constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

He’s never hit a 225 bench to this day. AND he started out stronger than me.

Whatever though. Prove us wrong. I’m pulling for you, and I bet Yolo, Prof, etc. are as well.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
2. Explosive movements that put repetitive pressure that’s in line with the bone may thicken the bone itself… exercises like jerks or overhead jump squats… if there’s any reason you’d want to have thicker bones. (But you’d have to be careful about joint stress.)
[/quote]
Well, sure, but all exercises put repetitive pressure that’s in line with the bone at least at some point. You’d do better focusing on squats, bench presses, deadlifts and military presses than overhead jump squats (Are you serious with this shit?)

[quote]
Followup questions:

1. While it seems more muscle → thicker bones… is there also a mechanism whereby more bone → more muscle?

2. And if so, wouldn’t it seem worthy to look into training techniques and or diet as a way to increase bone thickness and overall muscle?[/quote]

3. NO! More weight lifted->more muscle and slightly more bone.

4. See 1. Savickas looks like he does because of top notch genetics, probably some chemicals and hard, consistent, smart training. Not his secret Lithuanian bone strengthening routine.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
That’s exactly what I’m working on.[/quote]

It sort of seems the opposite. Instead of trying to solve the mystery of bone thickening, you should be hitting the weights and building mass at this very moment. But you seem you’re more interested in wasting time posting in every thread, as if regurgitating what you’ve read will magically add mass to yourself all in the name of hypertrophy. Just lift and kick some ass and come back and show everyone up! I’m not against you, just your need to posts over and over again with scientific retorts. By all mean lift more, post less (lest you have questions) and come back when you got something to show. You could be the next “powrboy” or what ever his name was! G/L

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
LoRez, I’m pretty much on the same page as Yolo on this. I would be surprised if you ever hit a 250 bench for even a few reps, much less 10. I’m absolutely rooting for you, I just don’t expect it, because people like you don’t tend to achieve much in the gym. What you don’t realize is that you’re not the only person I’ve met who wants to analyze this stuff to death. Most of the people on this board know people like you in real life. That’s why you get shit here.

I’ve got a friend from college who started lifting at the same time I did, same age. He was an EE major. The way he analyzed this stuff reminds me of you. He was constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

Whatever though. Prove us wrong. I’m pulling for you, and I bet Yolo, Prof, etc. are as well.[/quote]

agree with everything here.

you seem like a good guy lorez but honestly the chances you are the new charles glass are slim. your ‘analysis’ means nothing when you have yet to make any gains at all.

as has been said, many if not in my view most, people who get the training bug increase their bench to 155lbs and start thinking they know their stuff cos they started out benching 95. very few continue to benching 255, 355 or whatever.

they get bogged down in time released whey and worry about going catabolic if they ‘train’ for more than 45 minutes.

they get nowhere. just look at most people in any gym. as has been said hopefully you dont turn out like that but some of these complete BS posts do not bode well.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Whatever though. Prove us wrong. I’m pulling for you, and I bet Yolo, Prof, etc. are as well.[/quote]

agree with everything here.

you seem like a good guy lorez but honestly the chances you are the new charles glass are slim. your ‘analysis’ means nothing when you have yet to make any gains at all.

as has been said, many if not in my view most, people who get the training bug increase their bench to 155lbs and start thinking they know their stuff cos they started out benching 95. very few continue to benching 255, 355 or whatever.

they get bogged down in time released whey and worry about going catabolic if they ‘train’ for more than 45 minutes.

they get nowhere. just look at most people in any gym. as has been said hopefully you dont turn out like that but some of these complete BS posts do not bode well.

[/quote]

No worries. I know guys like what you’re talking about, and I guarantee you I’m not one of them.

I keep reading stuff daily, asking a question here and there, hypothesizing about this or that, but in reality my training and diet haven’t changed much. It just takes time. Spending time on this site keeps me thinking about training, and generally keeps me motivated.

In the meanwhile, I’m just working on sorting out fact from fiction, distilling ideas that seem to work for a lot of people, minor technique changes that seem to make a difference, and when appropriate, incorporating some of them. But otherwise, it’s just a bunch of idle thought.

Regardless, the fact that you doubt I can do it… kind of keeps me motivated.

[quote]kakno wrote:
Savickas looks like he does because of top notch genetics, probably some chemicals and hard, consistent, smart training. Not his secret Lithuanian bone strengthening routine.[/quote]

Big Z is “probably using some chemicals”. I don’t believe you.

More important than whether my wrists can grow or not is:

Can one achieve 20" arms naturally and be white?

Hi kingbeef,

My wrists and height are quite the same as yours currently weighing around 165 pounds at about 11-12% body fat.

Can you please share how your diet and workout routine looks like?

Appreciate your help and big ups.

TripwithZep

you’re a fucking idiot. a) kingbeef started multiple threads on this website dedicated to answering your question. b) thread is 6 years old.

learn to internet.

1 Like

No chill lol

@LoRez you still work out? do you still think the way you did in this thread? It’s been awhile, hope all is well!