6 Inch Wrist, 20 Inch Arms?

People measure their wrists now?

How the hell do you get such small wrists? I have 7" wrists and I can’t really imagine full grown males having smaller wrists than me. Not saying I dont believe it, I just can’t picture it.

thanks guys…i’ll ignore all the negative replies anyway :stuck_out_tongue: …this does helps …and seeing that 6.5 wrists can give a person 18.8 arms(naturally) then i can see that (252/100) X (wrist size) = (max bicep) rule is not for every1 …

anyway these days people can buy extra height so im not really worried about my height anymore…i just want big arms …anyway fyi despite my small stature i’m pretty gifted at fighting…back in high school i was fighting 6feet 5 ,6 feet3 classmates anyway …appreciate all the replies…

I have wrists just under 7’ and my upper arm is 17.5.

I’m another one that thought I had the smallest wrists.

guys …i just saw this …it brightened my day for real :slight_smile: check it out…bodybuilding myth and facts …heres the link , enjoy

Am i the only one obsessed with big LEGS and not arms?? OP, if it’s girls you’re really after, women love nice asses just as much if not more…seriously!!

[quote]flch95 wrote:
Am i the only one obsessed with big LEGS and not arms?? OP, if it’s girls you’re really after, women love nice asses just as much if not more…seriously!![/quote]

And nice backs to scratch up.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
How the hell do you get such small wrists? I have 7" wrists and I can’t really imagine full grown males having smaller wrists than me. Not saying I dont believe it, I just can’t picture it. [/quote]Mine are EXACTLY 6" around. Haven’t seen another full grown male with smaller w rists yet. Only people I know with smaller wrists are the petite women that I know; most average women seem to have bigger wrists.

My wrists grew since I was a skinny newb. My guess is, anyone who has gained a shit load of solid body weight has noticed the same thing.

That is one thing that I found hilarious about the Casey Butt issue. He claimed that it was some scientific fact that wrists don’t grow. That would be bullshit.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
My wrists grew since I was a skinny newb. My guess is, anyone who has gained a shit load of solid body weight has noticed the same thing.

That is one thing that I found hilarious about the Casey Butt issue. He claimed that it was some scientific fact that wrists don’t grow. That would be bullshit.[/quote]

Do you have before/after measurements?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

That is one thing that I found hilarious about the Casey Butt issue. He claimed that it was some scientific fact that wrists don’t grow. That would be bullshit.[/quote]

Do you have before/after measurements?[/quote]

No, but I have a watch I used to wear that I can’t now. The only measurement I took as a relative newb was my arms at 15".

My forearms grew fast as well which I am sure had something to do with it. I wouldn’t expect someone with smaller forearms to see the same wrist growth during that age before the ends of growth plates are sealed completely.

As far as this topic, it isn’t that it is impossible for someone to have 6" wrists and 20" arms. It is that to even get 20" arms alone requires genetics that most people don’t have.

[quote]lasardo wrote:

anyway these days people can buy extra height so im not really worried about my height anymore…anyway fyi despite my small stature i’m pretty gifted at fighting…back in high school i was fighting 6feet 5 ,6 feet3 classmates anyway [/quote]

you can buy extra height? WTF? And why are you talking about fighting tall people, what does that have to do with anything?

Aside from that, I just measured my wrists. 6.5.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]lasardo wrote:

anyway these days people can buy extra height so im not really worried about my height anymore…anyway fyi despite my small stature i’m pretty gifted at fighting…back in high school i was fighting 6feet 5 ,6 feet3 classmates anyway [/quote]

you can buy extra height? WTF? And why are you talking about fighting tall people, what does that have to do with anything?

Aside from that, I just measured my wrists. 6.5.[/quote]

No joke…most short guys seem to act like that. That is why they gave it a “syndrome”.

I sure as hell don’t walk around imagining who I can beat up out of the people around me.

I did see “5 extra height inches” on sale at Walmart but it was made in Mexico. I figure they stole it from all of those short Mexicans standing on the corner in southwest Houston looking for day work.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

No, but I have a watch I used to wear that I can’t now. The only measurement I took as a relative newb was my arms at 15".

My forearms grew fast as well which I am sure had something to do with it. I wouldn’t expect someone with smaller forearms to see the same wrist growth during that age before the ends of growth plates are sealed completely.[/quote]
Same here, had to put two new links on my watch. That I got when fully grown in height. Did no one else notice this?

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

My forearms grew fast as well which I am sure had something to do with it. I wouldn’t expect someone with smaller forearms to see the same wrist growth during that age before the ends of growth plates are sealed completely.[/quote]
Same here, had to put two new links on my watch. That I got when fully grown in height. Did no one else notice this? [/quote]

My watch does seem to be a little tighter. But I think I may have big wrists genetically too - I’ve got a pretty large frame.

lol, i’m still trying to wrap my head around you guys’ bone diameter actually growing as a result of the weight training as the muscle itself doesn’t extend all the way down to the actual wrist (or does it?? lol).

[quote]flch95 wrote:
lol, i’m still trying to wrap my head around you guys’ bone diameter actually growing as a result of the weight training as the muscle itself doesn’t extend all the way down to the actual wrist (or does it?? lol).[/quote]

You know…when I dissected that human body, I did notice there were tons of tendons there. That means, like I said, I would expect that in people who have seen massive forearm growth. Most of the guys here have not seen above average growth there…so I wouldn’t expect much wrist growth.

Trying to figure out this relationship between bone size and muscle size…

If someone has a 6" wrist, and someone else has an 8" wrist, their upper arm bone (humerus) is going to be somewhat bigger, and contribute a bit to the overall arm girth (you know, since the muscle is pushed out a bit more). But we’re talking a very minor change in diameter between the same muscles on a bigger bone versus a smaller bone.

I could see that there would be regulatory mechanisms that limit muscle growth on weak bone… or more particularly, as the muscle grows and exerts pressure on the bone, microtrauma to the bone causes it to strengthen.

So maybe as the muscles get stronger, the bone compensates by getting denser, and when it maxes that out, it becomes thicker.

But even that seems like it would be pretty localized. My humerus might get bigger, but I can’t see any reason why my wrist would grow… unless there’s some magic “grow bone everywhere” process that happens?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Trying to figure out this relationship between bone size and muscle size…

If someone has a 6" wrist, and someone else has an 8" wrist, their upper arm bone (humerus) is going to be somewhat bigger, and contribute a bit to the overall arm girth (you know, since the muscle is pushed out a bit more). But we’re talking a very minor change in diameter between the same muscles on a bigger bone versus a smaller bone.

I could see that there would be regulatory mechanisms that limit muscle growth on weak bone… or more particularly, as the muscle grows and exerts pressure on the bone, microtrauma to the bone causes it to strengthen.

So maybe as the muscles get stronger, the bone compensates by getting denser, and when it maxes that out, it becomes thicker.

But even that seems like it would be pretty localized. My humerus might get bigger, but I can’t see any reason why my wrist would grow… unless there’s some magic “grow bone everywhere” process that happens?[/quote]

Just curious: why does any of that matter? It’s not going to change what you do in the gym, right? It’s simply idle thought. Emphasis on IDLE.

As for the answer to your question: read medical texts. Musings on the subject/discussions on a bodybuilding forum are not going to lead you to answers. Talking about what you THINK bones might be doing is absurd. It’s not a question for rational thought/logic. It’s a question for scientific study and measurement.