T Nation

6.5 Months Progress

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:
My problem has been not eating enough, and therefore if i am not eating enough i am not going anywhere really. When I am not eating enough, I am not really growing.[/quote]
Yep, but this has been your problem for a few months. Your training plan will be absolutely secondary until you fix your nutrition.

If your body had enough quality nutrition (calories, protein, fat, and carbs) along the way, you’d build a physique base while getting stronger. Adding 20 pounds of muscular bodyweight while significantly increasing your lifts will make your body look much different.[/quote]

Hi, yeah, I underestimated how fast my metabolism was. I assumed the standard 500 cals above maintenance would be sufficient. Wrong, it is not sufficient. The Harris Benedict formula tbh, has to be taken with a grain of salt.

And, 183-185 pounds whilst staying relatively lean sounds like a great place to be.

So guys. I went to the gym today and I could only lift 112.5kg in 3x5 squats. So, that lost weight and not eating enough caught up with me. I did manage to BB bench 70kg 3x5 for the first time. However, my spotter said my left hand side was flaring due to an imbalance, the bar was slightly uneven. My right hand side is stronger than my left.

So, once again, I will have to work on dumbbells and then lighter weight on the BB bench to get my form right. It’s frustrating when I should be at 80kg + bench now and deadlifting over 3 plates. Row also went down to 70kg 3x5, fml.

I know at 6.5 months I should be more ahead on everything. But, I guess I have been making pretty big mistakes.

I just accept that I am not the most gifted, I find progress difficult to come by. But, I also accept that I will have to work extra hard to get good at this. I have to eat much more better, I have to keep improving form.

[quote]renatus wrote:
So guys. I went to the gym today and I could only lift 112.5kg in 3x5 squats. So, that lost weight and not eating enough caught up with me.[/quote]
If I follow correctly, you were only off schedule for a few days because of the move or whatever. Don’t stress out. Chalk it up to “shaking the rust off” (even though there shouldn’t be that much rust after a very short break) and keep moving forward. Don’t deload, don’t reset, don’t backtrack. Move forward.

Everyone has one side stronger than the other. Ditching the flat bench for dumbbells isn’t necessary. Struggling, straining, and pushing forward is. Unless the imbalance is putting you in severe risk of injury, you should be fine simply paying attention to form and intentionally focusing on technique (which you should do when benching anyway).

FML? Really?

Dude, I’m all for acknowledging and learning from mistakes, but this last post is starting to reek of a pity party. You got into a rough time before, no doubt. But you can move past it unless you keep marinating in it.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:
So guys. I went to the gym today and I could only lift 112.5kg in 3x5 squats. So, that lost weight and not eating enough caught up with me.[/quote]
If I follow correctly, you were only off schedule for a few days because of the move or whatever. Don’t stress out. Chalk it up to “shaking the rust off” (even though there shouldn’t be that much rust after a very short break) and keep moving forward. Don’t deload, don’t reset, don’t backtrack. Move forward.

Everyone has one side stronger than the other. Ditching the flat bench for dumbbells isn’t necessary. Struggling, straining, and pushing forward is. Unless the imbalance is putting you in severe risk of injury, you should be fine simply paying attention to form and intentionally focusing on technique (which you should do when benching anyway).

FML? Really?

Dude, I’m all for acknowledging and learning from mistakes, but this last post is starting to reek of a pity party. You got into a rough time before, no doubt. But you can move past it unless you keep marinating in it.[/quote]

Hi, I tried to rep 125kg , couldn’t squat it. But ok, will try again next time. Same with bench. I think the spotter was just being a picky cunt tbh. 72.5kg bench coming up then (and to think I may get to 75kg soon enough, good stuff).

And ignore my depressive rambles, I get depressive when I am in my own thoughts. I am a normal person in real life and seem happy, I am just depressive when left to my own thoughts and an anonymous profile online. Nothing to gain from a pity party, I am very determined though, just wanted to say that.

[quote]renatus wrote:
I am a normal person in real life and seem happy, I am just depressive when left to my own thoughts and an anonymous profile online. Nothing to gain from a pity party, I am very determined though, just wanted to say that. [/quote]
Start a Training Log. I don’t wander into them much, but plenty of guys find the accountability and regular feedback useful.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop