6' 3", 220. How Am I Looking? Competition Potential?

A lot of that is frame. I’ve been around quite a few pro athletes, and some are surprisingly big in relation to their listed size. The two that come to mind are Gilbert Arenas and Michael Irvin. They’re listed at 6’4 200 and 6’2 205 respectively, but were shockingly broad and large. Arenas was in a jersey and didn’t look muscular really, but was just surprisingly wide and stout, and Irvin was in a tailored suit that looked like a zoot suit from a cartoon; he might have the widest shoulders I’ve ever seen in person. They were both tanks despite not being listed as such.

So if it doesn’t take a ton of weight to look large on a large frame, doesn’t it make sense that putting that weight on a smaller frame would result in a really muscular person?

Haha, yeah in theory. I think distribution plays a large part too. I work with a guy who’s technically obese (6’3" and 350-ish) but holds his weight well. He’s definitely on the fatter side, but you’d guess he’s in the high 2’s, not 350-ish. Guess that’s a frame thing too. I met a “fitness youtuber” at a bar in Houston a few years ago. I’ve met a couple of “fitness youtubers” completely randomly out in the wild, and despite the fact that they’re both shredded they looked kind of chubby in regular clothes due to their height (both 5’5" tops).

I am new so I have been going through some old content. What is the estimated BF% in these pics? If I am at 15% curious how my build would look at that ^^^^^^^ percent. Looks great by the way!!

Thanks man. Guessing i was around 7% in those pics. Hoping to blow that physique outta the water in a few months

Well decided to do it. Ended up at 205lb on stage

7 Likes

Hell yea dude! We need a propper after action report!!

1 Like

Ended up with the win in 2 classes and then 3rd in the open overall. Pretty stacked show

4 Likes

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing where you go from here. Thinking about hitting the stage in 2022!