T Nation

5X5

Hello,

In the middle of TBT and not feeling anything, no strength gains or weight gains, doesnt feel like there is enough volume for me. Dont really get tired at all and I do push my self. I am looking for a 5X5 program that I can use for a while. Any suggestions?
NOTE: I do want to do a direct bicep movement ( i know its not required but curl is my 'outstanding' talent'. Thanks

This should keep you busy for a while. Read through this whole site over the next while and you'll be miles ahead of 99% of the other lifters out there in terms of knowledge. Pick one of the programs he outlines (intermediate or advanced unless you're a beginner, in which case I'll echo his opinion that you should buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Hell, you should get it even if you're advanced. It's one of the best books out there on training. Here's an excerpt of Jim Wendler's review of it (I shouldn't have to say who he is):

The bottom line is this: this book should be owned by just about everyone. It?s a shame that this book hadn?t come out sooner. In an age where complexity and overcomplicated training has become the norm, this book is a breath of fresh air. I honestly believe that this book, more than just about any other book on lifting weights or training, should be in everyone?s bookcase, office or gym bag. --Jim Wendler

How's your nutrition?

And are you pushing yourself on the program?

TBT is set up so you can do direct arm work each workout, so I don't see why you'd need to find a new program with more biceps exercises.

I push myself on TBT, my nutrition is good, and I dont want to find a routine with MORE arm work, its just that is someone made a 5x5 program for me, they probably wouldnt add arm work and say it isnt nesessary, which I know. Thanks so far.

Shit, I forgot to put the link at the beginning.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/table_of_contents_thread.htm

Thanks but I have another question. Why is it that when I ask questions here someone says read, search engine, read this site? Why dont you just say that to every person that ever posts on this website? I come here for help, not to hear 'read the site'. just wondering. Thanks

You give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, you teach him to fish and you feed him for life. If everyone spoon feeds you answers, then you don't learn t ofind them yourselves. If you'll notice, people mainly get that kind if answer when they don't appear to have looked for an answer themselves.

Why are there forums by the way?

Fuck you. I just gave you a website that will explain in-depth anything you need to know about designing an effective 5x5 program and you have the balls to ask me why I didn't take several hours out of my day to explain its content to you? Do some damn reading for yourself.

If I wanted to devote hours per day teaching about periodization, exercise selection, technique, nutrition, and iron game history, I'd be a coach and write articles for websites. I don't have the time to teach ungrateful pricks the basics of lifting and periodization. It would literally take hours for me to tell you what you'll find on that site. Do it yourself.

lol he definatly has a point.

You're an idiot AND an asshole. The forums don't exist for people to do the thinking for you, they are for like-minded people to come together and ask provocative/probing/interesting/challenging questions that expand everyone's knowledge and make you a more capable lifter and a more intellectually robust person.

Show a little curiosity and interest in doing the work. Maybe you aren't getting results because you approach lifting the way you approach posting on this board--- "Mommy!!! It's BROKEN! Waaaaaah!"

Go read every fucking training article on the left and start understanding the concepts behind the plans. Go read Westside articles 'til your eyes hurt from staring at the screen so long. Just don't fucking whine. Once you've read 'til you think you know a lot, come back and ask questions and realize how little you know.

I think some of the other posters have been a little harsh on you. I know what you're saying regarding the direct biceps work...I have huge guns as well and it is from nothing more than just hanging on during my reversehyper work. If you aren't getting the intensity you need I suggest you go heavier and head down the 6 sets of 4 reps route. If the intensity is to high and you are looking for less weight and greater volume then it is the 4 sets of 6 reps is the road for you. Some take the high road and some take the low road. Keep us informed of how you get on.

Maybe they were but they were right.

I don't know about you guys but when I see somebody talk about their biceps-curl as an "outstanding talent" I wonder what their bodies look like.

This site has lots of great material. Search it and THEN come back if you couldn't find an answer.

Most guys on here are happy to help but they're not going to do your homework for you.

I said thanks along time ago and it didnt go through because of you know who

Is that you in your avatar? If so, you might want to revise your above statement, or buy a new dictionary :slightly_smiling:

Sure, you said "thanks" and then you were an asshole. Nice.

Yeah that's me in the avatar. What do you mean re revise my statement? I know the photo makes my chest and delts look out of proportion to my arms because of my mass and thinkness but my arms are show stoppers. I also know from the looks of the photo that I have to do a bit more work on my calves but I have been focusing on bringing up my quadsweep for the past couple of months. But asides from that I don't think there's much I need to work on? I am cutting now and am down to 6.79% body fat. I'll be 5% in 11 days and I'll post some pic's of me when I am totally jacked.

I'm pretty sure he's joking...I hope.

Yeah that's me in the avatar. What do you mean re revise my statement? I know the photo makes my chest and delts look out of proportion to my arms because of my mass and thinkness but my arms are show stoppers. I also know from the looks of the photo that I have to do a bit more work on my calves but I have been focusing on bringing up my quadsweep for the past couple of months. But asides from that I don't think there's much I need to work on? I am cutting now and am down to 6.79% body fat. I'll be 5% in 11 days and I'll post some pic's of me when I am totally jacked.

Mass and thickness! You got to be kidding! Your clavicle is showing like a malnourished chick. Dude, you have some serious issues and really need to figure things out. If you're happy being a skinny weiny boy then go for it, but don't brag about mass and thickness when all that thickness is between your ears.