T Nation

5X5 Workout Program?

hey whats up

im new to this messageboard…haha anyways i just finished a grueling 12 week workout gained about 23 pounds of solid mass. ive been traing for about two years now and I was wondering if this 5x5 workout program would be a good way to gain even more strength and mass. Im going to do it probably for 6 weeks.

Has anyone ever used this routine before? im trying to gain another 10-15 pounds by the end of summer. feedback would be great.

Do it for as long as you can until your lifts all stall. Its great.

Use the SEARCH function; there are a number of threads discussing the 5x5 routine.

When I did it, I found my strength went up much quicker than my size (which is the point of the routine, by the way). You may want to try a more classic bodybuilding routine if your main goal is mass.

cool thanks for the advice

oh and it’s not likely you’ll gain 10 pounds in a month, at least not all muscle…

from my expeience with weight lifting and different regiments i have come to the conclusion that A) I have awesome genetics B) I also have big bone structure and my medium/ short height helps, thats why its so easy for me to gain muscle mass compared to all of the other hard gainers out there “no offense”. I have total confidence in myself to easily gain 10 pound in 6-8 weeks and from my past diet/training this will not be not a hard task at all. especially because i love to eat a shit load and a good diet is the most impotant part to built mass and muscle structure.

[quote]Greg Bremec wrote:
from my expeience with weight lifting and different regiments i have come to the conclusion that A) I have awesome genetics B) I also have big bone structure and my medium/ short height helps, thats why its so easy for me to gain muscle mass compared to all of the other hard gainers out there “no offense”. I have total confidence in myself to easily gain 10 pound in 6-8 weeks and from my past diet/training this will not be not a hard task at all. especially because i love to eat a shit load and a good diet is the most impotant part to built mass and muscle structure.[/quote]

k

[quote]Greg Bremec wrote:
hey whats up

im new to this messageboard…haha

Good one.

anyways i just finished a grueling 12 week workout gained about 23 pounds of solid mass. ive been traing for about two years now and I was wondering if this 5x5 workout program would be a good way to gain even more strength and mass. Im going to do it probably for 6 weeks.

Only 23 pounds in 12 weeks? Better switch it up. Thanks for sharing tho.

[quote]OhSnap222 wrote:
Greg Bremec wrote:
hey whats up

im new to this messageboard…haha

Good one.

anyways i just finished a grueling 12 week workout gained about 23 pounds of solid mass. ive been traing for about two years now and I was wondering if this 5x5 workout program would be a good way to gain even more strength and mass. Im going to do it probably for 6 weeks.

Only 23 pounds in 12 weeks? Better switch it up. Thanks for sharing tho.
[/quote]

lol

never asked for smartass comments but thats ok.