5x5 vs 5/3/1?

This is explained in the book.

Sorry but iam now annoying… No of forced u to reply

Alright will read it for sure

First, that’s awesome, thanks for sharing that. Secondly, what an amazing era we live in that such amazing information can be obtained so easily for so cheap. That’s another one of those books that totally changed my life in regards to lifting. That one and Beyond Bodybuilding (which, in point of fact, 5/3/1 also undid some of the damage Beyond Bodybuilding did, haha).

me today

I think I got some muscle

guys hi its me rymon… cant log my account …made this one have to tell u… iam feeling bad… nothing is imporving … take a look at me now

well i still bench around the same… squat got lower without creatine… had to come back and say u guys now can say i faiiled… and ready to listen … hope any of u r still care to help… love u …weight even the same around 182 now…

1 Like

What program did you end up running?

normal spilt as i used to… and what u think did i lose more fat… and yes nothing imprved just better abs i guess tho squat i do now 260 lbs for 3 reps instead of 190 like before …im ready to listen

If you are ready to listen, just re-read this topic and do what was suggested the first time. None of the suggestions have changed in the past 2 months.

im sorry bro but have suggested alot… 5x5… push pull leg spilt was aboove too… and the guy who said do 5x5 for a move then 5 3 1 the other move same wokrout then some high reps pull down…i really lost and i now work out twice a day… i want a plan to do for 1 year without change… i want someohtng to make me gain size and strngth… that makes me happy… how to eat…am i eating enough … if i can meggse u would be better for me to ask if u aloow me

i wanna understand alot… and i cant order the 5 3 1 book i swear… i always cant get this… if i do the 5 3 1 do i lift to faliure… eveery set… lets say i do the frist week of 3 sets of 5 … do i use weight i cant get 6 reps with for 3 sets?

This article explains the method

5/3/1 is an ebook. You can order it. No shipping required.

its the money lol u can just simply answer my questhion

I could, but I won’t. Do you believe you are entitled to get something for free that others have paid for?

The e-book is like $10 USD. Your fancy Nike underwear probably cost more than that. I find it an incredible bargain considering the book contains sound principles to set you up for a lifetime of productive lifting.

lol 1 dollor in egypt now is 10 bound… thats 100 egy money and my salry right now is 500 month imaginae … and its okay i dont really ask for free stuff

What in the article confused you?

trining to falure or not… like in frist workout u do 3x5 working set and accsersoy work… the 3 sets r they taken to faliure… like i pick weight i can do only 5reps with… same goes for next wokrout… etc… always wonder about that… even about groth factor chest okrout…he said incline chest 8 to 12 reps then flat bench 8 to 12… r these to falure… u know groth factor is tri sets… i never understood cuz its never clear.

i wanna tell u smething… u know that when ur used for something for years…and now know its wrong…man even my wife brother has opend a gym…bignners come and they r now doing 1 muscle a day spilt… its what we were tought to do for years… i see it not workng and i just know its slow… i started with couldnt lift an empty bar… now i can do the 35 kilo dumbell for 5 reps… strict form … i try to impove in every thing i do this is what i love to do… and suddnly i just got told to do the 3 moves in gym and leve.man imagine that wouldnt take a 30 min workout… i want u to understand how lost this is in my mind i find my self a pathetic lifter

Okay that’s understandable but the article explained it pretty well, better than I could. Here’s a hint though.

When you see the “+” sign after a set it means you do as many reps as possible, but only on that set. That’s really all you do with 5/3/1, work up to ONE top set on your big lifts. Then add whatever assistance makes sense for your goals, plus conditioning and mobility.

That’s it. Real simple.