5x5 vs 5/3/1?

[quote]boatguy wrote:
I think you should be attractive to your partner, and you should be attracted to your partner. Say what you will about shallowness, etc, but if you met/dated/married a thin, athletic looking chick, and then years later she balloons, I don’t think it is out of bounds to expect her to put a little work in. Both parties should be concerned with keeping their partner interested, but not to the point of obsession, and beyond the physical as well.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree with this. I always tell my wife that I find her most attractive when she finds herself attractive, so it’s one of those round about sort’ve things, but at the same time, we’re both athletes, so it’s never really been an issue.

Back… Guys my life is fine… It’s that I wanna really bad to be strong as hell …still lsoing fay but weak as hell…cant undetstand how 5x5 works for my size and strength… My supplement… Were told that when doing that low volume 5x5 i wwill be wasting my supplment cuz its for bodybuilding spilt to work and not workouts like 5x5 cuz its not gonna add size …i am used to do tons of moved in gym… Today I did mchine pull up… Close grip pull down… Barbell row… Dumbell 1 arm row …cable seatd 1 arm row… Close grip bench pres and oherhead kneeling cable ext…1 atm triceps phlldown…then barbell curl anf dumbell incline curl and biceps 21 done…felt weak as usual… …

You need to train for years to become strong. That means you need to gain some knowledge around training and the purpose for you. I wouldn’t be chopping and changing based on what some supplement company is telling you. In fact, at your age and strength levels, why are you even bothering with supplements?

[quote]rymo wrote:
Back… Guys my life is fine… It’s that I wanna really bad to be strong as hell …still lsoing fay but weak as hell…cant undetstand how 5x5 works for my size and strength… My supplement… Were told that when doing that low volume 5x5 i wwill be wasting my supplment cuz its for bodybuilding spilt to work and not workouts like 5x5 cuz its not gonna add size …i am used to do tons of moved in gym… Today I did mchine pull up… Close grip pull down… Barbell row… Dumbell 1 arm row …cable seatd 1 arm row… Close grip bench pres and oherhead kneeling cable ext…1 atm triceps phlldown…then barbell curl anf dumbell incline curl and biceps 21 done…felt weak as usual… …[/quote]

You felt weak because you barely did any heavy work. I’m guessing your barbell rows and close grip bench weren’t heavy.

Go in. Squat some heavy weight. Press some heavy weight. Do some rows. Go home. Repeat in two days.

What happened to 5/3/1? If you’re going to continue reading nonsense on the internet, you might as well just do a 5x5 program. There will be an abundant supply of long term beginners eager to give you advice.

I’m assuming you read a lot of crap about bodybuilding from many underdeveloped nimrods as well. This link is by far the most accurate depiction of a normal bodybuilding routine online.

You can follow it or you can believe the internet folklore about only using light weights and pump training.

hi… its me rymo… wont let me log in…well 5 3 1… doesnt make me sore…idk guys iam lost and i feel bad

wanna be as strong as i can… nothing getiing better

We’ll, if you’re still training exactly as you have been despite all the advice you’ve been given I’m not surprised.

You want to be strong? Do 531, or indeed ANY program that prioritises strength. Even Starting Strength would probably work OK for you for a few months. Maybe try Greyskull LP.

Stop whining that what you’re doing isn’t working when you’ve been given a bunch of advice on how to improve your training. Either ignore the advice and shut up about how you’re not getting the results you want or take the advice and change how you train.

The bodybuilding plan given above is split… Kinda like I do… 5 3 1…epxlan it…kinda weight I can do 5 reps only eith bench is 70 kilo…explain…

By the way I am not 182 lbs now …179…lost more fat

Is your goal soreness or strength? I know good training methods for either one.

1 Like

My goal… Drop some fat…br freaky strong… And decent size… Big dream…

Oh you too!

Everybody wanna get sore. Nobody wanna kick no hard ass tree!

I recommend driving him to the middle of the desert with a baseball bat in hand.

:laughing:

You are not gaining any more strength because…

You’ve spent the last 3 months in a caloric deficit, lost 40+ pounds and are still in a fucking caloric deficit.

Dude, I can’t do that on steroids. If you can continue gaining strength and muscle at this rate, you might as well prepare yourself for a future career as a Mr Olympia finalist.

1 Like

So why do you care if 5/3/1 is making you sore?

The old Thai dude in that movie looks astoundingly like my dad. It’s honestly the weirdest fucking thing.

I know, not exactly a productive contribution but this thread sucks anyway

1 Like

Really? He’s a Chinese actor from Hong Kong. Your dad looks chinese?

Nope! But he really looks like that dude for some reason.