5x5 Madcow or 5/3/1

Hi, my name is Tomas. I’m 19 years old, and I train lifting weights a year and a half ago. I wanted to start some strength program and I do not decide whether to do the program 5/3/1 bbb or 5x5 madcow.

My maxs are:

Squat: 140kg

Bench Pres: 80kg

Deadlift: 160kg

and my bodyweight: 73kg

height: 170cm

Do you think I can keep gaining weight with the 5x5 ? Sorry for my bad inglish and thanks.

The chances are 5/3/1 will keep you progressing for longer. Run it properly and you will progress slowly but consistently for a very, very long time.

If you prefer lower reps, higher intensity full body work and no accessories then do madcow.

If you prefer higher reps, lower intensity and upper/lower splits plus accessory work, do BBB.

When I done mad cow I went back wards. I found the volume far too low.
BBB if the opposite. Its super high volume.

I guess it does 100% depend on how you respond.

Do you think i can do madcow in 4 days, 3 days full body strength plus 1 day of accesories like bodybuilder style?

I know that, but recently I looked for some Madcow experiences about people in my same levels of strength and I think I can get some “noob” gains, what do you think?

Yes, you can do that but the goal of the program is to peak your lifts over 12 weeks and the accessories might interfere with that

I think you should do what you want because what I think doesn’t matter.

In your position knowing what I know now I would do 5/3/1

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like