T Nation

5wks to Make Weight for Fight

Hey guys new to this forum. Got a question though. So I have a fight coming up in 5 weeks that I got to make weight for, currently I am running 250mg test e/week plus 50mg of winny a day before that I was just on eq and test for 10 weeks. So for whatever reason me and my coach cannot figure out why the fuck my weight is not dropping. In fact ever since I started winny I e gained 8lbs in 3 weeks.

Now we have been on a caloric deficit. At first I was losing weight at 3000 cal. Then that just stopped. We dropped to 2500 call and I was gaining weight somehow. My diet is on point I measure everything plus drink 2 gallons of water everyday. My training is also on point.

I lift 3 times a week do Muay thai 5 times a week and BJJ 3 times a week and this is 7 days on a week. So what the fuck could be the issue? We have now dropped my calories to 2000 with only 100 carbs and I am fucking starving! Any advice is appreciated.

I feel like you’re leaving out the most important part, which is: what do you weigh now, and what weight do you need to be for the fight? And also, how long between the weigh in and the actual fight?

heavy water retention?

No AI? You’re probably carrying lots of water. Do you feel emotional and unstable like a bitch? That’s the E2. Pull bloods. If it’s E2 slap that bitch down with some letrozole / Exemestane / Arimidex.

Oops sorry. So I am using Arimidex at the moment .5ml every day but at the end of this week I’ll be at 1ml eod. My fight is in 5 weeks I’m currently sitting at 204.5 and I need to fight at 185. At this point I know a decent sized water cut is inevitable which sucks but I want to get my bodyweight as low as I possibly can.

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
Oops sorry. So I am using Arimidex at the moment .5ml every day but at the end of this week I’ll be at 1ml eod. My fight is in 5 weeks I’m currently sitting at 204.5 and I need to fight at 185. At this point I know a decent sized water cut is inevitable which sucks but I want to get my bodyweight as low as I possibly can.[/quote]

I did 195 to 181 a couple months ago (water cut, not diet), with basically no discomfort and absolutely no strength loss. It only involved 30 minutes in the sauna as well. If you can lose about 4 lbs between now and then through diet, I don’t think the water cut will be terrible. just my 2 cents. Especially since you’re already drinking 2 gallons of water a day. I don’t get that high until a few days before my water cut.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
Oops sorry. So I am using Arimidex at the moment .5ml every day but at the end of this week I’ll be at 1ml eod. My fight is in 5 weeks I’m currently sitting at 204.5 and I need to fight at 185. At this point I know a decent sized water cut is inevitable which sucks but I want to get my bodyweight as low as I possibly can.[/quote]

I did 195 to 181 a couple months ago (water cut, not diet), with basically no discomfort and absolutely no strength loss. It only involved 30 minutes in the sauna as well. If you can lose about 4 lbs between now and then through diet, I don’t think the water cut will be terrible. just my 2 cents. Especially since you’re already drinking 2 gallons of water a day. I don’t get that high until a few days before my water cut.[/quote]

Oh I know I can cut a lot doing water I just wanted to avoid doing that. I was trying to get as close to 185 as I could for my walk around weight as I have another fight at 170 3 weeks after. But really you think I can only lose 4lbs of fat in 5 weeks on 2000 calories? My macros are 175p 100c and 100f.

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:

I did 195 to 181 a couple months ago (water cut, not diet), with basically no discomfort and absolutely no strength loss. It only involved 30 minutes in the sauna as well. If you can lose about 4 lbs between now and then through diet, I don’t think the water cut will be terrible. just my 2 cents. Especially since you’re already drinking 2 gallons of water a day. I don’t get that high until a few days before my water cut.[/quote]

Oh I know I can cut a lot doing water I just wanted to avoid doing that. I was trying to get as close to 185 as I could for my walk around weight as I have another fight at 170 3 weeks after. But really you think I can only lose 4lbs of fat in 5 weeks on 2000 calories? My macros are 175p 100c and 100f.[/quote]

It depends on how lean you are right now. If you’re as lean as I am, I would say that losing more than 4-5 pounds of fat in that period would be difficult, if you intend to maintain 100% of your lean mass. If you can’t see your abs, then it should be easier to lose more.

Have you considered using something like clenbuterol or albuterol to assist the fat loss? That could help preserve muscle mass while cutting.

I can almost see my abs. So I know I still got some to lose. I’ve used clen before and it didn’t do a lot for me.

Bump. So I’m starting to lose the weight. But it is coming off very slowly. Anyone have any ideas why this weight cut is so much more difficult then all my others?

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
Bump. So I’m starting to lose the weight. But it is coming off very slowly. Anyone have any ideas why this weight cut is so much more difficult then all my others?[/quote]

you haven’t told us what you’ve done differently this time from previous times. so no. no idea.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
Bump. So I’m starting to lose the weight. But it is coming off very slowly. Anyone have any ideas why this weight cut is so much more difficult then all my others?[/quote]

you haven’t told us what you’ve done differently this time from previous times. so no. no idea.[/quote]

I think what he is saying is that he is on AAS this time.

Since it started going up after taking winni, maybe it has something to do with that.

[quote]KountKoma wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:

you haven’t told us what you’ve done differently this time from previous times. so no. no idea.[/quote]

I think what he is saying is that he is on AAS this time.[/quote]

I couldn’t figure out if that was different from previous cuts. wasn’t really clear to me. still isn’t, lol.

It bothers me that he’s said he can’t lose weight through dieting or clen. I don’t really know what else to suggest, particularly with only 4 weeks to go.

Nothing was different other then taking winny. Which from what I understand who’s supposed to dry you out. In fact I’m way more tight on my diet then I was before.

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
Nothing was different other then taking winny. Which from what I understand who’s supposed to dry you out. In fact I’m way more tight on my diet then I was before.[/quote]

is it possible that your winny isn’t actually winny?

regardless, if this is literally the only difference, and you’ve successfully cut weight in the past, it would make sense to me to drop the winny.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
Nothing was different other then taking winny. Which from what I understand who’s supposed to dry you out. In fact I’m way more tight on my diet then I was before.[/quote]

is it possible that your winny isn’t actually winny?

regardless, if this is literally the only difference, and you’ve successfully cut weight in the past, it would make sense to me to drop the winny.[/quote]

that’s what i’m thinking…

honestly, with the A-dex and Winny, i’d expect serious joint pain.

i’d drop the “Winny” and see what happens…

It’s definitely real winny. I’m not really taking enough to have serious joint pain. Only 50mg a day I dropped the test and that helped a little worth water retention.

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
It’s definitely real winny. I’m not really taking enough to have serious joint pain. Only 50mg a day I dropped the test and that helped a little worth water retention. [/quote]

how do you know it’s real?

i’m perplexed as to why you’re retaining water on 250 mg of test a week, 50 mg/day of winny and .5 mg/day of A-dex…

and plenty of people feel 50 mg of winstrol in their joints, especially when one is taking that much of an AI with it.

something is not adding up.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]Big_Red52 wrote:
It’s definitely real winny. I’m not really taking enough to have serious joint pain. Only 50mg a day I dropped the test and that helped a little worth water retention. [/quote]

how do you know it’s real?

i’m perplexed as to why you’re retaining water on 250 mg of test a week, 50 mg/day of winny and .5 mg/day of A-dex…

and plenty of people feel 50 mg of winstrol in their joints, especially when one is taking that much of an AI with it.

something is not adding up.[/quote]

Because of my source. It’s a top level bodybuilding coaches source. That’s kinda what I’m saying. Idk what the problem is.