5's Progression, FSL, and BBB

Hello, I just found this forum and I am loving all of the great information here. Thanks for this resource. I own and have thoroughly read both 5/3/1 2nd edition and Beyond 5/3/1 and I have been training with 5/3/1 for the past year after a linear progression program.

My current best lifts are 525 on the Deadlift, 475 on the Squat, 265 on the Bench, and 200 on the Press.

My question concerns the use of both FSL and BBB. I’ve searched the forum but could not find a definitive answer.

Is it advisable to run the 5’s progression, followed by 5x5 FSL, followed by BBB @50% on the opposite lift?

Example: Bench Press 5’s Pro, FSL 5x5, Overhead Press BBB @50%.

I’ve been running this for the past 4 cycles and it has been working well for me, but I’d hate to be doing something that could prove to be detrimental for my long term goals.

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find it. Thanks for any help that anyone may offer.

Jim has wrote about a thousand times on this forum that one should not do both FSL and BBB. Pick one supplemental :slight_smile:
It is simply too much volume. If I were you, I’d stick with FSL :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I was confused that it might have meant BBB on the same lift as I was already doing FSL on. I could totally see how that would be a problem. Cheers!

1 Like