5'9 and 215

Stats:
Height, 5foot 9inches
Weight, 215lb
Body Fat, 16.5% (found using plastic home calipers)
Natural (Obvious but it does say to post it)

Going to start losing some fat to see whats under there.

Lifts:
Flat barbell press, 360lb
Squat, 315lb 5x5 (have not done a one rep squat in approximately 7 years)
Dead Lift, 425lb

Front

Wheels

One more back shot

Looks like you could use more shoulders and need to bring up legs as well. I personally would try and lose some fat over the next two months and see what my body looks like to make a better assessment of what needs to be brought up, then I would bulk till Dec or so and then diet for 4 months up till the competition. It’s going to be difficult to do that though if you don’t have a nutritionist or anyone with experience helping you.

Looks like you could use more shoulders and need to bring up legs as well. I personally would try and lose some fat over the next two months and see what my body looks like to make a better assessment of what needs to be brought up, then I would bulk till Dec or so and then diet for 4 months up till the competition. It’s going to be difficult to do that though if you don’t have a nutritionist or anyone with experience helping you.

I will be the first to admit my legs are my weak point.

I have never realized my shoulders needed to come up but now that I look at my pictures I would say your right. I may need to rearrange my split to give my shoulders a sole day of training.

Thanks Jerome,

I think it would definitely be a good idea to give shoulders there own day. You’re not looking bad though. Just bring those legs up… But who am I to talk lol?

[quote]johnman18 wrote:
I think it would definitely be a good idea to give shoulders there own day. You’re not looking bad though. Just bring those legs up… But who am I to talk lol?[/quote]

Thanks man.
I will do that.

Judging by the recent article by Shelby Starnes I should be keeping my body fat between 10-15%

Keep the good advice coming guys.

** edit **
I am currently working to lower my BF level.
Should have stated this, sorry.

once you slim down (love handles) your lats will look much more impressive, you have decent calves which is a major problem for most people. Hit those front squats hard for your quads, and romanian(stiff legged) deadlifts for you hammys. id also say a mixture of military(standing) bb press and incline bb press to fill out your shoulders/upper pecs some more. GL

Based on the feedback above I have moved to a 4 day split. I Run this split back to back or I rest in between as my body needs.

Day 1) Shoulders
Day 2) Back and Biceps
Day 3) Chest and Triceps
Day 4) Legs
Day 5)Optional rest day or run split again.

you look like shit, loose weight.

[quote]ultralars wrote:
you look like shit, loose weight.
[/quote]

so ultralars, if you wouldnt mind, could you please show all of us what you are working with, just so we know what a proper physique looks like

This isnt meant to offend but you are not 16% bf. Whatever te actual number is doesnt really matter but youre fatter thab yiu think you are. I only mention it becauase you brought up shelby and 10-15%.

My advice is to lose a lot of fat now. Maintain leanness for some time then reasses your plan.

Ill be straight with you. Based on your height you have about 40-50 pounds ( water included) to lose to get in shape for a show. Pyschologically it will be difficult to handle that in one shot. It may be possible to do a dramatic recomp in one year but unlikely for someobe doing it for the first time.

Id start dieting now and see how it plays out

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
This isnt meant to offend but you are not 16% bf. Whatever te actual number is doesnt really matter but youre fatter thab yiu think you are. I only mention it becauase you brought up shelby and 10-15%.

My advice is to lose a lot of fat now. Maintain leanness for some time then reasses your plan.

Ill be straight with you. Based on your height you have about 40-50 pounds ( water included) to lose to get in shape for a show. Pyschologically it will be difficult to handle that in one shot. It may be possible to do a dramatic recomp in one year but unlikely for someobe doing it for the first time.

Id start dieting now and see how it plays out [/quote]

No offense taken. I did realize when I posted that number that I was above 16.5% body fat so I put that little phrase about “Plastic home calipers.” I tend to gain weight evenly over my entire body at the same rate so using a supailiac pinch has never made much sense on my body. I had originally written “estimated body fat - 20-22%” but it seemed to make more sense to use a number I could measure. (I track both)

I have been cutting weight for the past 2 weeks and plan to bring my fat level down to the 10% level. At 20+ BF I should have waited all together but the feedback both good and bad has helped and motivated me.

Thank you for the constructive feedback.

My progress so far:
Down 12 pounds to 203
Body fat calipers read 15.1% I would estimate about 17.5% ??

Still working to reduce fat level.
Eating about 2000 calories per day for 1 more week.

Diet Looks like:
Meal 1) 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 fish oil, 1T flax seed, 1T Psyllium husks
Meal 2) 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 fish oil
Meal 3) 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 fish oil
Meal 4) Turkey sandwich (estimated at 350 calories)
Meal 5) Post workout surge recovery
Meal 6) 1 cup cottage cheese with 6oz yogurt, 1T psyllium husks, greens

After this last week I am looking to start a proper diet and bring my calories back up to about 3000. This 4 week, modified V-diet, was a shove in the right direction.

MOD NOTE
If it is possible to move this thread to the Performance section that would be great.

Definitely a noticeable difference. Stomach looks much flatter and overall torso shape is improved.

Keep up the good work!

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
so ultralars, if you wouldnt mind, could you please show all of us what you are working with, just so we know what a proper physique looks like[/quote]

This is not important, as the troll never claimed to have a “proper physique” whatever the F that means.