T Nation

585x2 Raw Squat 21 YO, 219 BW

http://youtu.be/NB5M8vC7vt4

Anyone got any tips? This was the second set so I was pretty drained. First rep on both sets was WAY easier than the second. Any ideas why or weight is just getting heavy as fuuuuu?

[quote]gregtheleg220 wrote:
Anyone got any tips? This was the second set so I was pretty drained. First rep on both sets was WAY easier than the second. Any ideas why or weight is just getting heavy as fuuuuu?[/quote]

those are some serious lifts. way to go. I would not go for doubles at that weight right now. There was a lot of knee caving on the second. Do you do any reverse band work? At that weight there is a lot of mental involved. Hooking up the reverse bands will let you feel 620 or more on your back with some assistance out of the hole. Also before your lift your hips and pelvis are shifting side to side a lot. I would take a small step straight back with the weights, plant each foot, settle the weight, breath, and then squat. Also what about putting your head in a more neutral position?

I don’t really have much in the way of tips, but that was awsome. Was that planned or did you just wanna see how many reps you can get 6 plates per side. I have the same problem at near max reps so I’ll be paying close attention to this thread… only over 150lbs less haha.

[quote]Max8950 wrote:

[quote]gregtheleg220 wrote:
Anyone got any tips? This was the second set so I was pretty drained. First rep on both sets was WAY easier than the second. Any ideas why or weight is just getting heavy as fuuuuu?[/quote]

those are some serious lifts. way to go. I would not go for doubles at that weight right now. There was a lot of knee caving on the second. Do you do any reverse band work? At that weight there is a lot of mental involved. Hooking up the reverse bands will let you feel 620 or more on your back with some assistance out of the hole. Also before your lift your hips and pelvis are shifting side to side a lot. I would take a small step straight back with the weights, plant each foot, settle the weight, breath, and then squat. Also what about putting your head in a more neutral position?[/quote]

I never do any reverse band work, this was supposed to be an easy triple but it was an early workout and I wasn’t mentally prepared for it. Just a couple weeks ago I smoked 565x3 so I know the strength was there to do this just was not there mentally. On my head position, I find I get more “pop” out of the hole by looking down on the way down and looking forward and driving my traps into the bar on the way up. I have one more squat session left before my meet where I plan on doing 605 for a double again.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I don’t really have much in the way of tips, but that was awsome. Was that planned or did you just wanna see how many reps you can get 6 plates per side. I have the same problem at near max reps so I’ll be paying close attention to this thread… only over 150lbs less haha.[/quote]

The plan was supposed to be a triple for this weight, but on my first set I lost balance on my second rep and had to dump the weight. That kind of messed with me mentally, but I have one more squat session left before my meet in January where I plan on hitting 605x2. I will post that vid on here as well as my meet vid.