585 Close Grip Bench

Yeah that close grip, it’s a bit wider…but it’s called the “power close grip” I’ve heard before. It’s when you put your index finger right before the smooth knurling.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

THanks for the response!

I canned it and went with an F6. Far more comfortable shirt and a hell of alot easier to use. AND it’s looser.

I’ve put up 150kg x3 in the gym and 155kg in comp at 90kg. The world drug free champs are in november so I’ll be hoping to go close to 170kg this time around. The F6 is awesome. Not a huge phenomn fan, but I never really tried to make it work THAT much for me.[/quote]

Good lifting bro. The F6 is a good shirt. My one and only single ply was an F6- got my first 400 lb bench in it actually. My only beef with it was that it stretched out so quick- went from being a good size 46 to being more like a 48 in about 3 or 4 uses.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

THanks for the response!

I canned it and went with an F6. Far more comfortable shirt and a hell of alot easier to use. AND it’s looser.

I’ve put up 150kg x3 in the gym and 155kg in comp at 90kg. The world drug free champs are in november so I’ll be hoping to go close to 170kg this time around. The F6 is awesome. Not a huge phenomn fan, but I never really tried to make it work THAT much for me.[/quote]

Good lifting bro. The F6 is a good shirt. My one and only single ply was an F6- got my first 400 lb bench in it actually. My only beef with it was that it stretched out so quick- went from being a good size 46 to being more like a 48 in about 3 or 4 uses.

Katana is a much better shirt.

MM always preaches training raw with pinkies on the rings and in a shirt training as wide as legal.

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:

MM always preaches training raw with pinkies on the rings and in a shirt training as wide as legal.[/quote]

That’s pretty much what I do…

As for the F6 stretching… Mine’s been used at least 10 times now at this stage and probably twice in comp too. And it’s still going as strong as ever. I wash it after every single session in powerwash tho so that could be why.

Hopefully I’ll join the 400 club next year. Can’t weight to press 2x bodyweight.

Personally I think the Katana’s too much of a shirt for me at the moment. No point in using radical gear at this stage when I’m only pressing like 155kg (340lb). I am gonna go a size down on a new F6 tho for this years WDFPF world champs!