T Nation

585 Bench 23 reps - Real?

Is this shit real?

I mean looks to easy, but the plates look real enough

lol this has come up in a thread before and the conclusion last time was that it was fake, like a little novelty thing at conventions you can take pictures of making you look strong. The plates don’t look real to me, look at them on the right side, they’re like no seperation they look like plastic even, and besides come on, who stops with the bar on their chest at 20 reps, says a few words, then continues. it was ruled a fake last time it made an appearance on this forum

No, its been posted before

It was at a convention and some booth set up a phony bench press

look on the side bar, there’s another clip called bench press raw 585 pounds, if you notice its the same place, how many guys walk around in this place that can bench press 585 like it’s 135? besides, follow the other links and look at the attempts like 700 800 plus. these guys are huge and they also ALL are wearing bench shirts for lifts this huge, these guys just sat down in jeans and shirt and bench pressed. I found one where the guy did 600 raw for 1 and even he was much larger than those guys

Must’ve missed it first time around here. But ya I’m glad that is fake, was feeling a little weak after watching it, haha

Ryan Kennelly ONLY did 405 for 20. Now you tell me if it’s real.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Ryan Kennelly ONLY did 405 for 20. Now you tell me if it’s real.[/quote]

you jealous that a guy with half the bench technique, size, and time training just repped 180lbs over Ryans 20 rep max for 23 easy reps?

Look hes a strong guy, 585x23 is no joke. No need to hate on him.

LOL!

Anyone wanna break the news about Santa while we’re at it?

I wanted to post… Troll must be killed on site.

This is funny, people actually believe it, or at least enough to inquire about it.

[quote]Joe Grim wrote:
Anyone wanna break the news about Santa while we’re at it?[/quote]

Hes a child molester ?

Ive known that for years.

breaks into your house at night, but only if your unconcious, promises you “presents” like a bike, and chills out with a bunch of 10 year olds making “candy” at the “north POLE”.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
I wanted to post… Troll must be killed on site.

This is funny, people actually believe it, or at least enough to inquire about it.[/quote]

Well i was pretty skeptical but I wanted to double check since there is a slight bend in the bar and the plates look dense enough, and having never been to one of these conventions I don’t understand why they’d have a fake setup like this. Seems pretty dumb.

It’s for PR. :wink:

Yea, I talked to some kid who did it on youtube, its really only 250.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Yea, I talked to some kid who did it on youtube, its really only 250.[/quote]

I sincerly doubt it was even that heavy. That guy didn’t look capable of repping 250 for 3, never mind 23.

I heard it was actually 185?

“Thanks for all the support and positive comments on my video. I’m gonna take the advice of my fans and compete in the world’s strongest man next year. I contacted them and they said I would get a “special invitation”. The guy who runs it hinted that I might be a little too strong and it would be unfair to the other competitors. So I just won’t lift any weights for the next year to level the playing field. Thanks again.”

Yeah, I’m sure it must be real.

[quote]tedro wrote:
“Thanks for all the support and positive comments on my video. I’m gonna take the advice of my fans and compete in the world’s strongest man next year. I contacted them and they said I would get a “special invitation”. The guy who runs it hinted that I might be a little too strong and it would be unfair to the other competitors. So I just won’t lift any weights for the next year to level the playing field. Thanks again.”

Yeah, I’m sure it must be real.[/quote]

I think we’ve already established that it isn’t real from the above posts.

\thread.

[quote]tedro wrote:

Yeah, I’m sure it must be real.[/quote]

It’s actually pretty comedic. Can’t believe no one here mentioned the friend with the camera laughing, plus the chest-pause and look at the camera smiling.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
TheBig3 wrote:
Yea, I talked to some kid who did it on youtube, its really only 250.

I sincerly doubt it was even that heavy. That guy didn’t look capable of repping 250 for 3, never mind 23.

I heard it was actually 185?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEwPQMOwZJs&feature=user

This kid sais its 250, I believe him…

thats a pretty funny video lol. i like how he paused with the weight on his chest and smiled at the camera. i doubt its 250 or even 185 if he had the weight on his chest like that.