5'7 169lbs. Need Constructive Criticism

Right now around 165-171lbs. I have been lifting around 3-4 days a week. I need some constructive criticism for my physique. My goal is to attain more of a beach body, I feel like my weakness is my core and some fat around it.

Please let me know if you have any tips/advice/suggestions for how to cut some weight. If you think I should cut weight or recommendations I would appreciate it.

Typical Workout:

Full Body:

db bench superset db pull backs 4x10
leg press 4x10
seated shoulder press db 5x5 superset 4x10 pull ups
hamstring curl 4x10
100 crunches
3-4 sets on roman chair

Every morning I usually chug 20 ounces of water once I wake up, then 20 min of cardio then breakfast. Well when I am not being lazy, so usually 3 days a week.

First things first, eat more food and lift heavier shit. Get some appreciable size and strength, then worry about cutting down. I give a 3 for untapped potential.

Props for posting your pic. You should show legs, back, and a few other poses to show everything.

Looks like some shoulders and lats would help make a more “V” shape, but hard to tell. Go for a body part split and really hit each group with focus. Push, Pull, Legs works ok for 3 days a week.

Read the rules.

GTFO

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
GTFO [/quote]

this made me laugh out loud!

No, not props for posting his pic. I’m tired of people posting ONE fucking pose on rate my PHYSIQUE. Is there a way to put this entire section of the forums on hide?

We can’t see your legs, we can’t see your back. All we can see is that you didn’t:

READ

THE

FUCKING

STICKY.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
No, not props for posting his pic. I’m tired of people posting ONE fucking pose on rate my PHYSIQUE. Is there a way to put this entire section of the forums on hide?

We can’t see your legs, we can’t see your back. All we can see is that you didn’t:

READ

THE

FUCKING

STICKY.[/quote]

If there was a 100 post minimum for posting here these thread would be a lot different.

Even after a few years on T-Nation I would still not post my pics in this section. Perhaps if I’m 30lbs heavier.

Not bad arm development. Back, chest, everything else need to be brought up. Drop some bf,too.

Recommend switching to beachbodiesnation.com for advice on obtaining a beach body.

[quote]davidcox1 wrote:
Recommend switching to beachbodiesnation.com for advice on obtaining a beach body.[/quote]

^^^Comply with the above.

Translation: “I want hot abs.”

not everyone wants to get jacked or huge and i respect that. everyone has their own goals in regards to how they want their bodies to look. i don’t think he should get hounded for that.

i do agree, though, that he should read the rules of the forum before posting…

[quote]buttercup87 wrote:
not everyone wants to get jacked or huge and i respect that. everyone has their own goals in regards to how they want their bodies to look. i don’t think he should get hounded for that.[/quote]

Yes, but why would you ask people on a bodybuilding forum to rate your physique if you aren’t interested in bodybuilding?

It would be like if I went on a classic car forum and asked people to rate pictures of a Nissan Micra.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:

[quote]buttercup87 wrote:
not everyone wants to get jacked or huge and i respect that. everyone has their own goals in regards to how they want their bodies to look. i don’t think he should get hounded for that.[/quote]

Yes, but why would you ask people on a bodybuilding forum to rate your physique if you aren’t interested in bodybuilding?

It would be like if I went on a classic car forum and asked people to rate pictures of a Nissan Micra.[/quote]

Agree with BC87…a lot of guys on here seem to be all about getting huge and bodybuilding and that’s cool if that’s your goal. But this isn’t just a “bodybuilding” site, it has everything from powerlifting, bodybuilding, sprinting, conditioning and even some random ass spiritual sermons by Paul Chek.

I know some bodybuilders who are twice the size of me which is great but they damn sure can’t touch me on power moves, sprints, anything remotely more left field like TRX.

So each to their own…but next time dude, read the sticky!

This is a beach body…

Tagline for this site reads “Intelligent and Relentless Pursuit of Muscle” . . . “muscle” . . . not “fitness” or “conditioning” or “hot abs”. There are plenty of places to go for advice on getting ready for the beach, but not so many focused on building muscle, pure and simple.

Everyone here seems to agree that OP didn’t “know his audience” very well when he posed his question. I imagine he does now.