SBWC Fall Classic Training Log

I’ll try that the next time, maybe it’ll help my bracing as well.

1 Like

Good session today. Strength is definitely coming back despite being a lot lighter now.

Deadlift (beltless)
5x135
3x225
3x275
3x315
5x5x345
5x365
4x385 (lower back started to give on the 5th, stopped it there)
2x5x315 touch and go
5x225 dimel deadlift
3xholds to failure with 225lbs

4 Likes

How are the dimmels? I was told I should give em a go today by a powerlifter in the gym. What are they good for or do for you?

@guineapig when I did the dimel deadlifts for a good amount of sets, usually 5x5, I felt the worst doms ever in my upper back. I definitely recommend you try them for a workout.

Pull-ups
2,4,6,8,6,4,4,4 (1 min rest)

Rows
4x8x135

Incline press
3x8x135
5x135

Lateral raise bicep curl supersets X3
Rear delt raises to failure

1 Like

My program has some conventional/stiff leg/Romanian in it so might sub out some Sets there next chance I get

1 Like

Under-recovered today but gym is closed until Monday. I needed to get one last session before next week.

Deadlift (beltless)
5x135
3x225
3x275
3x315
5x5x355 (felt so much easier than when I did this two months ago. Easily had another two sets in the tank).
4x315 touch and go (these are so hard for me. Weak glutes?)

5 sets of 5 with 375 beltless looks like a good possibility by the end of December.

Pull-ups
Several sets to failure

2 Likes

All my shit is beltless lol. I’m still trying to make a belt work for me on Deadlift

1 Like

I feel like the belt really helps me when I where it slightly higher up. I tend to get at least 30lbs out of it that way. If I wear the belt lower its significantly less effective.

1 Like

That’s what y’all be sayin but it not be helping… yet lol

Have you tried it for conventional? I feel like it may be less effective for sumo since you’re already pretty upright. How tight do you wear it?

Should still be beneficial for sumo because I’m like at 45 degrees I think.

Tightness is another variable too. I’ve tried as tight as in squats and a bit looser than that. Not really difference between the two

Maybe you just brace really well already? lol. I know I was/am shite at bracing so that might be why I get so much more out of the belt. I’ve finally figured out something that works so maybe the belt won’t help me like it used to. We’ll see.

1 Like

Belt actually helped me for conventional today I think lol. 375x9 Rep PR RPE a couple more ez

1 Like

Niceee bro that’s strong! I have some catching up to do :stuck_out_tongue:

How many pounds you think you got out of it?

1 Like

Hard to say given it actually wasn’t that heavy for what meant to be 80-85% ish 1RM.

I think it helped most in keeping lower back straight and tightness. Over time form deteriorates anyway but it’s slower with the belt I think allowing me to rep out more.

Dunno how well it’d do at near max

1 Like

Quick session in the morning.

Deadlift
2x5x135
3x225
3x275
2x335
6x5x365 (5th set was comfortable so went for another)

Video of 5th set:

2 Likes

Went in under-recovered today. Weights felt super slow but managed a lifetime 5x5 PR (with or without belt). I hope this translates to my belted pull. Not going to pull again until next Friday. Maybe get some accessory work in between.

Deadlift
2x5x135
3x225
3x275
2x335
5x5x375
6x225 dimel deadlift

5 sets of pull-ups to failure

Bw is at around 188lbs in the morning

1 Like

Wait was it a rep PR or volume PR

Its just the most weight i’ve lifted doing a 5x5. I guess you could call it a volume pr. I’ve always been relatively terrible at anything over 2 reps on deads. For example when I pulled 500 my 5 rep max was something ridiculous like 385 for 5 belted, for only one set. 375 was my goal by christmas so I’ll need to think of another reasonable goal. Maybe 390.

What holds you back when you do reps?