SBWC Fall Classic Training Log

5km run at a slightly quicker pace today. Looking to do some lifting tomorrow.

1 Like

295lbs is all I have back at home, so I had to make due with that today.

Conventional deadlift
5x135
3x185
3x225
3x275
3x295

Dimel deadlift (these have given me some insane upper back DOMS in the past)
5x135
5x185
5x225
5x275
3x5x295

Bent row
8x135lbs
3x8x155lbs

OHP
8x45lbs
5x65
5x95
3x5x115

Lateral & rear delt raise
3 supersets to failure with 20lb dumbells

Here’s a vid of the dimel deadlifts which have never failed to give me the worst upper back DOMS I’ve ever experienced. Hopefully they improve my lockout.

3 Likes

been reading about them dimel DL.
looks a bit like RDL but I suppose it isn’t.
care to explain?

From what I’ve gathered, the bar is not lowered as deeply as you would in an RDL. In an RDL you pretty much go as low as your flexibility can handle. For a dimel deadlift you stop a couple inches below the knee. The other main difference is that dimel deadlifts are done as explosively as possible, while rdls are slower and more controlled.

3 Likes

Might give these a try, my upper back is severely lacking.

1 Like

5km run at a taxing(but not brutal) pace followed by several 100m half sprints

1 Like

3x70m at 12 seconds per 70m, 12 seconds rest

4 sets, 1 minute between sets

1 Like

Hard sprint session there man.
The last set must have been brutal.

It was much much harder than I thought it was going to be! I initially had it so I’d do 10 reps with 12 seconds rest in between. Realized after the 3rd rep that wasn’t happening so I changed it to 4 sets of 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Deadlift
5x155
5x245
5x5x325
1x405

Incline db press
8x40
8x55
2x8x60

4 supersets of lateral and rear delt raises

Farmer walks

20 minute easy jog

2 Likes

Found a competitive track team to train with in the Fall. I’m aiming work up gradually until training starts. Apparently they’ve trained a few borderline Olympian sprinters, which means I’ll be one of the slowest if not the slowest in the pack. I’m looking forward to getting out of my comfort zone.

Today’s workout on grass:

4x30-40m from standstill, 100% effort
4x30-40m flys (maintaining max speed), 100% effort
3 sets of power skips

Speed started slowing during the last two reps of flys so I called it a day. Will be back on Saturday.

2 Likes

Went in extremely carb depleted today, but reasonably hydrated. Had nothing in the tank after deadlifts.

Deadlifts
5x5x335

OHP
5xbar
5x65
5x95
2x5x120
5x95

Pull-ups

Weighed in at 195 lbs

Edit: Forgot to mention that I’m at a new gym. My very first set of 335 one of the “trainers” came and told me to stop dropping the weight. He kept insisting that I had been dropping the weight. I told him I wasn’t going to be able to lower it much more slowly than that and he walked out the door. Never saw him again…dunno if he went to report me lolz

Bear in mind this is an Olympic lifting platform, pretty much designed so people can drop weight on the thing.

6 Likes

Had time for a quick sprinting session today:

4x30-40m max effort
2x30-40m fly

Definitely felt a little more “springy” than last session, but that could be psychological. Won’t really know until I start getting timed.

1 Like

4x40m max effort from standstill
3x30-40m fly
3 sets of power skips for distance

1 Like

Was feeling decent today. Hamstrings still sore from yesterday’s sprint workout but nothing too bad.

Deadlift
5x135
5x225
3x315
5x5x345

Incline barbell press
4x6x135lbs

Lateral raise & rear delt raise superset
3 sets

video of 5th set of deads:

3 Likes

nice and easy

1 Like

yeah looking smooth as butter, nice.

1 Like

Why can’t you lower the weight slower than you are? You wear straps for all your sets and it’s not like lowering it slower will hurt in terms of technique, especially since things are so light right now.

I can do a full, 3 second eccentric with a lighter weight but that’s not what I’m after right now. I definitely think there is a lot to be gained from slow eccentrics, and it’s not like I’m dropping the weight. The room is small and generally pretty quiet, so even “slowly” putting a weight down can reverberate through the room.

@kckfl349 @mortdk

Thanks guys! Plan is to hit 365 for 5x5 then deload.

1 Like