55 Down 30 to Go

Looking good man… I see were in the same chest boat… After all this work looks diff from front but from the side looks pretty similar… stupid chest!

I’m catching up… :slight_smile:

Today: 239.2 slooowly getting there…

Either way great work…

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Looking good man… I see were in the same chest boat… After all this work looks diff from front but from the side looks pretty similar… stupid chest!

I’m catching up… :slight_smile:

Today: 239.2 slooowly getting there…

Either way great work… [/quote]

Ain’t that the way, the trouble areas are the last to go, we’ll get there.
239, EXCELLENT!! We’ll get there, we didn’t get fat over night and won’t get thin over night…damn.

Last nights workout got cut short, the wife was going to her poker night and had to leave early to stop at her mothers first, since our time together is limited anyway I chose to hang with her, not to mention I was having problems with my focus/intensity.

I got most of it done, it goes a little something like this.

205 10X3- Bench I did 5x3
120lbs 4X6- Standing military press
120lbs 4X6 shrug
120lb 4X6- Romainain DL
Body weight calf raise 4X12
Basically I skiped the tricept push downs and halved my bench.

Cut the bench short, the weight felt light as hell in my hands but for what ever reason I could not recruit my chest. I read someones article about improving your bench technique and was trying out the principles which I must not have had down because the weight wasn’t moving. I felt everything in my shoulders and was having a hard time lowering it in a straight line. At the 5th set I realized that I was likely doing more harm than good so I hung it up, my mind couldn’t get right. Guess I need to re-read that article and practice with lower weight until I have it down.

Everything else was great!

I tried using dumbells with my standing military press, this is a completely different exercise with the DB’s but I could tell I have some issues with my undamaged shoulder? Thats right not the shoulder I blew up (left) but my right? I’m wondering if at sometime while compensating for the damaged left the right didn’t take a blow? I do have a winged scapula on that side that I’m working out, could that have something to do with it?

Dinner-

6oz pork steak, fried in EVO
10 small stalks asparagus

PWO- 1 scoop LCMD

pre bed- peanut butter and celery

This morning my dog woke me up at 3:45am!! Little turd wanted a drink, once I got him some water I was wide awake, it was rainy out otherwise I’d have gone for a walk or jog (God forbid).

5am-I broke the fast after a little more than an hour of being awake with the usual.

1-scoop Grow
1-scoop low carb Metabolic Drive
1-creatine
4-medium strawberries
3-ice cubes

at 6:30am for what ever reason I became extremely hungry, not stomach growling hungry, cold sweat nausia hungry so I had
3- Omega 3 eggs
2- turkey sausage links

Just got back from my afternoon walk, it’s hot out, I hate to sweating at my desk.

Anyway diet is on track for today.

9a- dry tastless chicken boob 15 almonds
12p- 5oz left over pork steak 1 cup of broccoli
3p- same as 9a

Tomorrow is offical weigh in day, come on 220’s!

Every day the weather doesn’t permit me to walk outside I walk through this skywalk thing in downtown KC, in order to get to that I have to walk through this little diner. It’s an old style Marge’s diner kind of place and they have these cinnamon rolls the size of my head just sitting out on the counter and I’m gonna get me one, one of these days.

My walking partner and I have been joking about getting one for months, at first I said once I got down to 265 I’d have one then I said once I get down to 250 and damn it when I hit 200lbs I’m actually going to get one. Once I’ve lost 88lbs I think the 5lbs I’ll gain by eating one will be well deserved. So far it’s just be my carrot on a string but I’m catching that SOB.

Not this one but it looks good as hell.

What a weekend. Saturday was my 5th wedding anniversary, it was nice.

Friday I didn’t get to do my workout, I’d promised a buddy that I’d help him shoot a video he was doing so when I got home, I ate and left to help with his project. I was out until almost 1am in a field holding a camera, it was interesting for awhile then it got really old, getting eaten alive by bugs and lacking sleep.

Saturday got up early to get going on our anniversary day. We first went to the zoo, she loves to go and we never pull the trigger, besides 3 hours of walking is just the kind of exercise I need. After the zoo we went to lunch and had the best prime rib in the world, if you live near a J.Alexanders go have the prime rib it’s the shit! That night we did another thing we keep saying were going to go do and that was to a Royals game, the sorry bastards finally broke a 12 game skid and we got to see it.

Yesterday we played golf, another anniversary treat, we played at a nice course for a change. It was hotter than shit but fun and again another 4 hours of walking, I think I walked 25 miles this weekend.

The topper, I got on the scale and broke into the 220’s ok well it was 229 but still! One pound from 60! That being said, I ate a little like shit, yesterday I was starving on the course and had to have a turkey sandwich, not a big deal the bread is a pretty big no no, I’m sure I burnt those carbs. Saturday morning before the zoo I had a waffle again I’m sure I burnt those carbs off walking around in the heat.

It was a great weekend got to spend it with my lovely wife and nature, sunscreen good!

A little story about fat boys and their pants (again with the pants)

So as some of you FFB’s and current fat boys know or will find out when you get fat you get short. As a high schooler my pants size was 36X36, I had no fat on my belly so my jeans sat correctly around my waste, crotch where it was supposed to be and the legs were just covering my shoes. As I got fat my waste migrated down as my belly sagged causing my jean size to change first it was to 38X34, then 40X32 and the worst was 44X30? I kept thinking to myself “did my legs shrink?” Nope! My legs didn’t change where I wear my pants did.

You see, once your belly gets so big you develope a problem I call Dicky Do, where you belly sticks our further than your dicky do. When you get to DD status you can’t or don’t pull your pants up high enough so it makes you think you’re shrinking, in reality your growing the wrong way, out and down.

What am I talking about? Both of you guys reading this probably remember me complaining about the new jeans I bought don’t fit around the waste anymore, they are too big, I noticed the other day not only do they not fit around the waste they are all now too short, I must have grown? Nope, didn’t grow, I just wear them where they’re supposed to be worn now, just under the belly button. Yet another reason to have to buy new jeans. I’m not complaining much, it’s a good problem to have but I’m not buying anymore clothes until I break that elusive 200lb mark.

Hopefully I’ll stop pulling my pants up before I get to the Fred Mertz belt around the nipples.

Good job on the 220s man, and congrats on the 5 years…

I had an eat like shit weekend too… went to my parent’s house… really wasn’t going to stock their fridge with food… so there was carbocrap in all of my meals… white bread.

Ugh.

Not too bad 242.2 this AM, but that was a 3lb gain due to this weekend’s worthlessness.

I gotta jump into high gear this week if I’m ever gonna catch up… haha

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Good job on the 220s man, and congrats on the 5 years…

I had an eat like shit weekend too… went to my parent’s house… really wasn’t going to stock their fridge with food… so there was carbocrap in all of my meals… white bread.

Ugh.

Not too bad 242.2 this AM, but that was a 3lb gain due to this weekend’s worthlessness.

I gotta jump into high gear this week if I’m ever gonna catch up… haha
[/quote]

Thanks!

All we can do it get back on the horse, as fat guys we’re going to have to diet in some fasion the rest of our lives and we’re going to slip from time to time.

I try to look at like I’ve got nothing but time to lose the weight and as long as I don’t spend a week at Dairy Queen eating myself into a stooper I’ll be ok.

Press on brother, press on!

[quote]dday wrote:

I try to look at like I’ve got nothing but time to lose the weight…
[/quote]

yea I’m kind of in a race to the finish at this point… not putting extra stress on myself, but I was looking to be 235 by Aug 24th… originally when I thought that was a weight that would have me looking somewhat fit and mildly overweight, I’m leaning more towards a weight of 225 by that point…

It’s a long time to go… but with my average loss/week I’ll have to be increasingly consistent as I taper down to that weight…

Let’s keep pressing on and achieve our goals.

[quote]Blazin wrote:
dday wrote:

I try to look at like I’ve got nothing but time to lose the weight…

yea I’m kind of in a race to the finish at this point… not putting extra stress on myself, but I was looking to be 235 by Aug 24th… originally when I thought that was a weight that would have me looking somewhat fit and mildly overweight, I’m leaning more towards a weight of 225 by that point…

It’s a long time to go… but with my average loss/week I’ll have to be increasingly consistent as I taper down to that weight…

Let’s keep pressing on and achieve our goals.

[/quote]

That’s about the same time I was looking to get to 200lbs, we’re gonna have to push each other to get there. We can make it.

Food log then a bit of a rant.

Breakfast 5:45a
1-scoop grow
1-scoop low carb Metabolic Drive
No strawberrys this morning, the idea turned my stomach.

2nd meal
6oz chicken
15 almonds

3rd meal
7oz-left over steak kabob with a bits of onion and green pepper.

RANT time!

Ok, I’m not as knowledgable as most of the T-men on this board but I’d guess my knowledge is slightly above middle of the road. Among my circle however I’m Thibs. Most of the people I know see what I’ve done with myself and want the same thing so I get a ton of questions, some I have the answers for others I come here and find the answer, it helps me and helps the person with a question.

That said I’m getting really tired of hearing the stories and excuses I get from people who want my results and knowledge (as limited as it is) but have 100 reasons why I’m either wrong, their way is better or they’ve asked a question and don’t like the answer.

I have a buddy who is a very excellent friend but anything I tell him he finds a reason that I’m either wrong or he CAN’T do whatever. Then I get the stories, “oh man, back in '92 I was 150lbs and 3.5% body fat” I wanted to ask him how his funeral was but didn’t want to be a dick. Come on man 3.5% body fat? You’d be fucking dead!

Another friend has asked me 20 times how he should eat to lose a few pounds. I tell him stop eating out every single f’ing day, ditch the 4 soda a day habbit and walk a little bit, with no other changes in your diet you’ll lose 10lbs in short order. The response I get, “nah, I’ll just start running after work” not even 100yrds have been put on his Nikes since the last conversation.

I really want to help people reach their goals but it’s getting harder and harder to want to help people who really just want the majic bean.

Sorry folks there is no magic bean unless you want to call hard work and proper diet the magic bean, if that’s the case then I stand corrected.

Last nights workout was not cool, not at all. I walked away with a pain in my back and something wrong with my elbow?

DL
260 10X3

DB bench
60 4X6

Bent row
120 4X6

Skull crusher
FAIL

Curls
FAIL

Leg raises
body weight 4X12

So my DL technique sucks, I had a problem getting the first pull started, once I got that the following reps were easy. However once I was done I found myself with a sharp pain in my back, not sure what I did wrong but I’m sure it was pour technique on the DL.

Skull crushers, these I know how to do but for some reason when I picked up the weight I got a sharp pain right through my elbow? It’s tender to the touch, it’s been bothering me for a bit and doesn’t feel like a pull or tear more like a deep bruse, not sure where I’d have gotten such a thing but I decided to quit while I was ahead.
Curls failed. Goes back to my elbow and also a sore right bicep I’ve been nursing for a few weeks. I’m pretty banged up right now, must be getting old? I’ve been training now off and on for nearly 20 years and consider myself hovering around advanced atleast with most lifts, until recently I’ve never had any real injuries, maybe I’m going at it harder now than when I was younger, who knows, I’ll keep pressing.

Diet-
For dinner I had pork steak cooked in EVO with a side of brussel sprouts, my favorite vegetable.
PWO- 1 scoop grow, 1 scoop low carb Metabolic Drive with creatine.

Breakfast- 5:45am same a PWO, along with 2 extra strength fish oil caps and a multi.

Lunch today-
1 cup of broccoli
6-7oz of smoked brisket, yea I know it’s full of fat but it’s pretty hard to turn down championship brisket. A guy I work with is a competative BBQ’er and was nice enough to bring in one of his briskets, I couldn’t be a dick and not try some. I didn’t use any sauce but man it was awesome without it.

DDay, congrats on the fat loss!

On the DL thing, do you warm up with some lighter weights before starting your work sets?

Also, good choice on the brisket. I wouldn’t turn it down either.

Meh I dont avoid fat in my diet man… gotta have fat in order to train your body to burn it…

I’m sure you’ll keep knocking off the lbs… I was down another 1/2 lb today :slight_smile:

[quote]boyscout wrote:
DDay, congrats on the fat loss!

On the DL thing, do you warm up with some lighter weights before starting your work sets?

Also, good choice on the brisket. I wouldn’t turn it down either.
[/quote]

Thanks boyscout!

I do warm up but I was thinking maybe not enough? Last night I did 135lbs 1X10 then 205 1X5 then right to 260lbs, that likely wasn’t enough? The back does feel considerably better this afternoon, so it may have just been a warning.

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Meh I dont avoid fat in my diet man… gotta have fat in order to train your body to burn it…

I’m sure you’ll keep knocking off the lbs… I was down another 1/2 lb today :slight_smile:

241.6[/quote]

I’m not scared of fat just scared of the calories associated the fat, but I gotta tell ya, that was some good beef, OMG! True KC style BBQ.

Another 1/2lb already? Geeze, I’m going to need to kick it in gear if I plan on winning this race :slight_smile: Good work! Keep it up, your certainly pushing me to stick to it.

[quote]dday wrote:

Another 1/2lb already? Geeze, I’m going to need to kick it in gear if I plan on winning this race :slight_smile: Good work! Keep it up, your certainly pushing me to stick to it.

[/quote]

Not to break it to ya… but weighing in at 240.8 as of this morning… this diet plan is melting the fat off of me along with steady training…

I expect to see another 1-2 lbs gain over the weekend (possibly) but still I’m slowly creeping down

Oh, and for the record, my diet isn’t crashing, its just a lot cleaner than it was before… Impressive how the 5 small meal + only healthy food + proper portions = nearly 1lb/day seems unhealthy, but 2300 cals in is about 400-500 more cals than my Caloric intake calcs say for training day… and I had been going with 2000-2200 before…

Whatever… I’ll allow it…

[quote]Blazin wrote:
dday wrote:

Not to break it to ya… but weighing in at 240.8 as of this morning… this diet plan is melting the fat off of me along with steady training…

I expect to see another 1-2 lbs gain over the weekend (possibly) but still I’m slowly creeping down

Oh, and for the record, my diet isn’t crashing, its just a lot cleaner than it was before… Impressive how the 5 small meal + only healthy food + proper portions = nearly 1lb/day seems unhealthy, but 2300 cals in is about 400-500 more cals than my Caloric intake calcs say for training day… and I had been going with 2000-2200 before…

Whatever… I’ll allow it…
[/quote]

Man, you’re cranking it out! I actually found myself back up to 232 this morning, I’m sure it’s water or something…I hope. Just noticed you have a training log, headed there now, need to get some pointers aparently :slight_smile: