55 Down 30 to Go

Ok it’s about time I finally put this up. My quest to lose the final 30lbs!
I’m a 33 year old technical support guy for a phone company and sit on my ass 40 plus hours a week. Since January I’ve lost 55lbs on a keto diet with a Sunday night healthy cheat meal such as burritos with whole grain tortillas no beans and fat free or 2% cheese etc. For the last 3 weeks my results have stopped, the first 2 weeks I didn’t think much of it but this week again didn’t lose a pound? I’m putting this up to keep me in order and get suggestions as to where to go from here.

Currently my diet is again a low carb >50 ideally >30 but that sometimes can be hard, my workout is the Waterbury TBT which Im really starting to love.

A day in the stomach of dday.

Up at 5am- coffee creamer no sugar
6am- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive 2 servings of fish oil and a multi vitamin
9am- 5-6oz Chicken breast 15 almonds
12pm- either 2 scoops Metabolic Drive or 5-6oz of some type of meat and a cup of broccoli
3pm- 5-6oz Chicken breast 15 almonds
6-7pm- 5-6oz of misc. meat with a serving of a green vegetable
8:30-9p 1 table spoon of natural peanut butter with 3 stalks of celery

On training days I have a PWO shake consisting of 1 scoop Metabolic Drive 1 scoop of Grow!

M-F I take a 30min fast pace walk around 2p before my 4th meal.
Monday nights I also walk 9 holes at a local golf course and on the weekends I walk another 18 holes, 36 if the weather permits.
As of late I’m getting more rest usually to bed at 10p and getting up about 5am which used to be 4am and my body thanks me.

So from here on out I’m going to keep a daily log of what I do and look for suggestions as to what I can do better. As stated above I really want this last 30lbs off of me, I may need to lose more than that but we’ll see when I get there.

I’ll also be posting pictures of me when I started at 288lbs along with a side by side of my progress and a current picture at 233lbs, I’m at work now and don’t have all of them but will get them likely tomorrow night.

So far this morning my diet looks pretty standard.

6am- 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 1 scoop Grow! and this morning 6 medium strawberries. Pretty filling actually. 5 fish oil caps and a multi.
9am- 15 almonds and 5.5 oz of chicken breast.

Didn’t make it to the golf course last night, my partner had a PTO thing so we’re going tonight.

Last nights workout

Deadlift- 205 10X3, never used to do these so I’m getting down the technique but 205 is way to light.
Bent row- 115 4X6
DB Hammer bench- 60 4X6, this is as much weight as I have right now, need to get more ASAP.
Skull crushers- 85 4X6
Curls- 75 4X6- My right bicept is hurting me at the moment, I’m thinking I’m playing to much golf. Either way it hurt to much to use any real weight.
Knee raises- 4X6

Over all a good session but I need to up the weight.

A little insight as to the DL instead of squat, I have a spinal curve that is getting treated but in the mean time squats kill my back just sitting 135lbs on my shoulders can hurt like a bitch. Hopefully the DL will help. I have a feeling my 300lb set won’t be enough weight pretty soon. I’m weak, sue me.

Just had my broccoli and 5-6oz of round steak, good stuff.

Ok so office life sucks ass when you’re trying to diet. Today management decided to order pizza which is really nice unless you’re dieting. The worst part is they sit that shit 3 feet from me so I get to smell it the rest of the day. FN great! However I won’t cave, it used to be funny to others in the office to bring dough nuts and set them on my desk, real funny ass hat!

Had my chicken and almonds shortly ago, now I’m wishing the rest of my day at work away.
No training tonight, just 9 holes walking around a pasture.

Well last night kind of sucked, played golf pourly and broke my hybred club. I don’t know what happened hit a ball and the club head was on the ground after the shot, there goes $80 to have it fixed. After it was pretty late so we went to dinner at Chili’s which is easy to find something for my diet, I had fajitas without the wraps. Good as hell, chicken with green peppers and onion.

This morning was my day to do a preliminary weigh in for my official Saturday morning weigh in, 231 that’s down 2lbs so maybe my streak of 0lbs is over, we’ll see when the official day comes.

This morning was a banana Metabolic Drive, GROW! and strawberry shake for breakfast, which is all I’ve eaten so far, its early yet.

Had my chicken and almonds a bit ago and have been sipping water all morning.

Just had a conversation with my supervisor regarding my work conditions. I’ve been 8-5 for the last 13years, a new company bought us out 6 months or so ago and now they want someone to be in the office from 7a-11p fuck that! I work in the communications industy and it’s about time I get out, they just gave me the nudge I needed. I’ll be ordering the ACE certification packet today I believe. I’ve wanted a job I can get something out of for a very long time and believe personal training to be the rewarding career I’ve been looking for. Guess I’d better sign up for some college classes as well. Suggestions?

Awesome work man!

I your diet looks good. You may want to shock your system doing a radical diet approach. Christian Thibaudeau gave me some very helpful input on my thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2127993

Some of the other articles he mentioned helped as well.

Let me know what you think.

[quote]walleye49 wrote:
Awesome work man!

I your diet looks good. You may want to shock your system doing a radical diet approach. Christian Thibaudeau gave me some very helpful input on my thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2127993

Some of the other articles he mentioned helped as well.

Let me know what you think.

[/quote]

Awesome stuff right there, thank you for sharing it with Walleye. I’ll will certainly be applying those principles. Probably next week, I’ll let this week run it course and go that route next. Thanks again.

Well after yesterdays episode with management I left work pretty pissed off and that carried over into my workout.

More me history, 5 years ago I had a motorcycle accident that destroyed my left shoulder, broke my clavicle and left me with a really bitchen ring of road rash around my head, not to mention a softball sized knot on the back of my head, however I was lucky to not be killed. The point of this, since then my bench press went from nearing 350lbs to struggling with 250lbs, that and I stopped lifting for 4 of those years which couldn’t help. So excuses out of the way I give you last nights session.

Bench
205lbs 10X3 failed the last set

DB Romanian DL
65lbs 4X6 finished-still need to get more weight

Standing Military press
115lbs 4X6 finished- shoulder work still bothers me

Standing calf raises
Body weight 25X4 on a stair

Triceps push down
120lbs 4X6-Missed the 6th on the last 2 sets.

Added in some DB shrugs after the RDL
65lbs 4X6- lighter weight DB shrugs work better for me than heavy with a barbell

Also added some forearm work
45lb Oly bar wrist curls 4X6
2 sets of CT’s Thors Hammers with 5lb weight on the bar

This session was pretty intense, my ears were bleeding by the end, I give you the play list.

Slip Knot
Metallica- old stuff none of that damn St. Anger BS.
5 Finger death punch
More Metallica
Powerman 5000
NIN

I was in the mood to rip someone’s throat out after my day yesterday, thank God for heavy shit and punching bags.

Dinner was a little out of sorts but here it is.
Stir fry
2 table spoons of EVO
3oz shrimp
4oz chicken
3 oz steak
¼ cup of broccoli
¼ cup of zucchini
A dash of some teriyaki seasoning, good stuff!
I’m out of peanut butter so no pre bed snack but after reading Shug’s FFB handbook I might just cut it out all together, then again I do truly love it and it keeps me from eating ice cream before bed, dilemma.

On to today, still not a happy camper at work, more and more BS by the minute.

I woke up this morning and realized I’m out of chicken! SOB! We’ll see how I improvise.

Breakfast- 1 scoop chocolate Metabolic Drive, 1 scoop Grow!, 1 serving creatine 5 strawberries 3 ice cubes. Tasty.

2nd meal- 3 scrabled eggs 4 slices of bacon- not the best choice I know but without my trusty chicken boobs I threw caution to the wind on this one.

Oh and I got to work and one of my coworkers finished off my almonds so I don’t have those either, fucking awesome!

Lunch will be a 5oz steak and a salad from the salad bar in my building.

Good times.

Didn’t make it to the salad bar, I found some mixed nuts (no peanuts) in the office and had them with my 5oz of steak. That is all.

Dinner last night was kick ass! Had a spinach, shrimp and oil salad with little bit of bacon, nice!

This morning so far I woke up way to early with work problems on my mind.

Yesterday I found two schools in my area that offer personal training classes both offer certificates at the end but they’re $10k+ for 1 year. I don’t know, it’s a bold move that I think I’m ready for, I’m just scared to make that kind of jump.

Breakfast 6am the usual 1 low carb Metabolic Drive, Grow! and 4 large strawberries.
Fixing to have my chicken boob and almonds, man this thread is boring. Tonight we train so there will be more worth wild informaiton tomorrow.

Something cool just happened, my pants won’t stay up, I wish I was in a whore house right now. I just bought these jeans a month ago because my 44’s 40’s that I was wearing made me look like MC Hammer. These jeans are 38’s and when I bought them they weren’t tight but weren’t loose either, lets say they were comfy. Now they feel like the damn 44’s did. Fuck it I can’t afford to keep buying new clothes, I’m off the diet as of now. Ok maybe not but if I gotta keep buying clothes I’m gonna go broke!

Awesome man, I know how you feel… i’m down 37 lbs since January 7 of this year… looking to drop another 25-35 lbs…

My gf hates my clothes… all my pants are falling off… belt looks silly when they bunch up…

Oh well guess its just the price we gotta pay to be lean and mean…

[quote]Blazin wrote:
Awesome man, I know how you feel… i’m down 37 lbs since January 7 of this year… looking to drop another 25-35 lbs…

My gf hates my clothes… all my pants are falling off… belt looks silly when they bunch up…

Oh well guess its just the price we gotta pay to be lean and mean…[/quote]

Thanks! Congrats to you too. Keep at it you’ll get those last few pounds.

I’ve been slacking off on the log for the past few days but everything is on track. I did miss my training last night, just to busy but I’ll get it tonight, not that concerned.
I weighted in at 230lbs Saturday, down 3lbs since the start of this log. I’ll post properly the rest of the week.

[quote]dday wrote:

I’ve been slacking off on the log for the past few days but everything is on track. I did miss my training last night, just to busy but I’ll get it tonight, not that concerned.
I weighted in at 230lbs Saturday, down 3lbs since the start of this log. I’ll post properly the rest of the week.[/quote]

Maybe I’ll catch up to you :wink: A little friendly competition never hurt… It’ll actually serve as a little motivation!

[quote]Blazin wrote:
dday wrote:

I weighted in at 230lbs Saturday, down 3lbs since the start of this log. I’ll post properly the rest of the week.

Maybe I’ll catch up to you :wink: A little friendly competition never hurt… It’ll actually serve as a little motivation!
[/quote]

You’re on! I need the push right now. It’s getting harder and harder to lose, down to 1-2lbs a week if I’m lucky and I’m really ready to start bulking back up. Patience I suppose, so a competition will keep me motivated. Thanks for reading, can’t wait to see what your progress.

Today has been a pretty good day, ate right and now I get to go home and lift, pretty stoaked about it.

Diet:

meal 1)
Low-Carb Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
Grow! Whey 1 Scoop
4 medium strawberries

meal 2)
6oz chicken breast
15 almonds

meal 3)
6-7oz steak
1 cup broccoli

meal 4)
6oz chicken breast
15 almonds

Meal 5)
Don’t know yet, I can assure you it’s something dead and something green.

Meal 6)
1 tbsp Smuckers natural peanut butter.

More than likely have a PWO shake 1 scoop Low-Carb Metabolic Drive.

Please don’t tear me apart to bad, I realize I got a long way to go and also realize I may need to lose closer to 50 that 30 but we’ll see. Anyway here are some pictures I took day one January 10 2008 compared to some I took this last Saturday.

from the side, I need a freaking tan.