54 Year Old, Natural BB Comp Photos

congrats. You look great.
If you’re looking for a tip, I’d say that your lats are a weak point. I’m not sure how any of this stuff changes with age, so sorry if this is a hard tip to take.

I’m just saying that they don’t look right compared to some of the rest of your physique. Bringing them up would also help (I believe) with the problem you mentioned of too large a waist.
Don’t mean to knock you, though. You are extremely impressive!
Dan

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
If you’re looking for a tip, I’d say that your lats are a weak point. I’m not sure how any of this stuff changes with age, so sorry if this is a hard tip to take.

I’m just saying that they don’t look right compared to some of the rest of your physique. Bringing them up would also help (I believe) with the problem you mentioned of too large a waist.
Dan[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback- I really do want constructive criticism and suggestions (although I am usually harder on myself than you guys could be!) My lats have improved, and I think they may be better than they look in the photos- but like everything, they are a work in progress.

I do weighted pullup and heavy rows of various types, so I hope they will improve. I feel my biggest weak point is my upper pecs, and they haven’t improved much in spite of a LOT of effort. I guess you can only fight genetics so far. I’m still trying though!
Paul

Look good.

[quote]yusef wrote:
I HATE falling asleep at bodybuilding shows.[/quote]

in the audience it’s easy- shows can be pretty boring! On stage it’s more of a challenge…
Paul

Paul, you look good! You need to do heavy deadifts and wide grip chinups, include weighted dips. You get that back a little wider and thicker and you will be smoking. I am 49 and have a show in less then 2 weeks. Keep training hard!

[quote]middlleagedguy wrote:
LiarPantsOnFire wrote:

Dan
Thanks for the feedback- I really do want constructive criticism and suggestions (although I am usually harder on myself than you guys could be!) My lats have improved, and I think they may be better than they look in the photos- but like everything, they are a work in progress.

I do weighted pullup and heavy rows of various types, so I hope they will improve. I feel my biggest weak point is my upper pecs, and they haven’t improved much in spite of a LOT of effort. I guess you can only fight genetics so far. I’m still trying though!
Paul

[/quote]

First, amazing, your a true inspiration to me… and in great shape…

I was just going to echo what you both agreed on… brining up your lats and chest will give a much greater V-taper and make your waist look a lot smaller, it is noticble in the back shot the most I think… I have the same problem you do… judging by your bi’s and tri’s you probably have to fatigue them before you can get good chest growth… but brining those up and you will have no problem wining your division…

once again, your truely an inspiration…

[quote]pesty4077 wrote:
Paul, you look good! You need to do heavy deadifts and wide grip chinups, include weighted dips. You get that back a little wider and thicker and you will be smoking. I am 49 and have a show in less then 2 weeks. Keep training hard![/quote]

you look awesome- I’m sure you’ll do great in your comp. I do heavy deadlifts (at least for me they’re heavy- I did low rack pulls of 355 for 10 reps earlier this week), and plenty of wide chins and weighted dips. I’m attaching some photos which might give a better idea. Everything is of course a work in progress, forever!
Paul

here’s a sort of front lat spread- not a great photo, I admit.
Paul

Yea, your back has come up! Do the heavy dips and incline presses for chest. Heavy military for shoulders. The better your v, the better you look!

On another note, who the Hell looks this good at 54!! Great job Paul!

[quote]pesty4077 wrote:
On another note, who the Hell looks this good at 54!! Great job Paul![/quote]
Thanks- though I am actually 55 now!
Paul

[quote]middlleagedguy wrote:
DixiesFinest wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
DixiesFinest wrote:
When I am 54 I hope to look this good. No joke. Congrats on third, bust your butt and bring home number 11

math fail?

fixed it. it was supposed to be “number 1!”
I could see myself running around with 2 finger in the air yelling “Yay, I’m number 11!”. Thanks for the compliments.
Paul

[/quote]

Ah, that made me smile.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:
middlleagedguy wrote:
DixiesFinest wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
DixiesFinest wrote:
When I am 54 I hope to look this good. No joke. Congrats on third, bust your butt and bring home number 11

math fail?

fixed it. it was supposed to be “number 1!”
I could see myself running around with 2 finger in the air yelling “Yay, I’m number 11!”. Thanks for the compliments.
Paul

Ah, that made me smile.[/quote]

well, we can’t all be number 10 all the time…
Paul

ur really awsum at ur age… n clean…gr8…nice delts and calves

Lol… I give you 9 men.For your years not every person looks like you. :slight_smile:

[quote]incessantforce wrote:
Lol… I give you 9 men.For your years not every person looks like you. :)[/quote]
yes that’s true- some of them have hair! Thanks for the 9 anyway!
Paul

here is a newer shot of my quads. I’ve been working them a lot, maybe some improvement?

Good job…and at 54…You are definetly an inspiration.

[quote]robmartinez09 wrote:
Good job…and at 54…You are definetly an inspiration.[/quote]
Thanks! I’m glad I can inspire people! I’m actually 55 now, and will be 56 in June. Man, that sounds old!
Paul

Looking good man, My Dad will be 53 this year and is doing a show in June. he did one 2 years ago and won so im looking forwar to it. Like I said he’ll be 53 and could still take me out behind the tool shend and woop both my brothers and my ass at the same time.

Keep it up and dont let anyone ever tell you your to old