531 on a Cycle

Hi guys long time reader first time poster, I’m planning on running a twelve week test cycle at 500mg alongside 531 3 days a week. My question is should I drop the deload week considering I’m on a cycle or should I keep it in there, any help is much appreciated.

I’ve run 531 for a few years before switching to Juggernaut, and I rarely performed the deload week even when training natural. It all depends on the individual.

I am assuming you are doing the 3 days per week 531 due to work/life schedule issues. If you are going to do a cycle, you want everything to be set up as optimally as possible, diet, training, rest, etc. Might be just me, but if you are going to do a cycle, I would try to add another day in (at least) while you are on, to take maximum advantage of the anabolic state you will be in.

Also, 531 is great for strength gains, but isn’t the best for size. I would also recommend (if you aren’t already) adding in the BBB, FSL, and Joker sets in order to increase volume.

[quote]boatguy wrote:
I’ve run 531 for a few years before switching to Juggernaut, and I rarely performed the deload week even when training natural. It all depends on the individual.

I am assuming you are doing the 3 days per week 531 due to work/life schedule issues. If you are going to do a cycle, you want everything to be set up as optimally as possible, diet, training, rest, etc. Might be just me, but if you are going to do a cycle, I would try to add another day in (at least) while you are on, to take maximum advantage of the anabolic state you will be in.

Also, 531 is great for strength gains, but isn’t the best for size. I would also recommend (if you aren’t already) adding in the BBB, FSL, and Joker sets in order to increase volume.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply boatguy, yeah I totally agree with you on adding a forth day but as you already figured out its a work/life thing (I’m a contractor in the construction sector, long days, I also have young kids) so recovery can be a bitch.

I currently train twice a week using 531 for the past year making good progress so its going to interesting to see how recovery goes on cycle,if all goes well and I dont feel burnt out towards the end of the cycle i’ll try the four day template next cycle