*Double DB clean press 5x5
*Rows 3x10
*Curls 2x10

C:
Pullups x25
Squat 5’s+
Press 50 reps of FSL
*Back raises/leg raises 2x15

Squats, presses, Deadlifts are what matter to this program. The rest of the work is tonic (back raises/leg raises) and some muscle work (chins, clean press, rows, curls). How’s this look?

The 5x5 top heavy set can be found for the benching in the Hardgainer template, as well as in Building the Monolith for all the lifts. 5x5 might be quite a lot for Pressing, heavy 3’s may work better…

I’m not quite sure you understand 5’s PRO.

This is a kind of weirdly setup program and doesn’t appear to have a set structure or order.

I would never suggest preceding squats with upper body pressing work sets. And if pullups/chinups are tonic and just for accessory why do they come before squats and other main lifting? Not sure what 5’s+ means exactly and why only 1 movement all week runs that protocol? And why one FSL is 3x5, one is x20 and the other is x50 There’s just a lot of inconsistencies here, I think it’s time to re-read the book and find a bit more set, simple structure to follow

The day I picked presses to precede squats is a FSL x50 reps. Not that that’s not good work but here I can focus on bar speed and keeping my body tight and going for reps. Because chins are done for reps and total work, they count as an accessory but I do them first, and actually superseded with my press and squat warmups. 5’s+ is 5’s PRO set work with the last set as a +5 or PR set. I’m pushing the squats. The FSL work is different lift to lift because of my needs. I need barely any more deadlifting after my main work so 3x5 is enough. x20 squats are on their own day after my deadlifting and the other squat days just work to a top set and that’s it. The x50 FSL presses are also on their own.

5’s pro meaning the 531 sets except 5 reps for each. The FSL’s and the top set 5x5 are from other programs that included 5’s pro as their main work set scheme.

Good. Now Wendler knows what 5’s Pro is.

1 Like

Did you seriously just try to tell Jim what 5’s PRO means? You are on another level dude.

I stand by Jim here. You really don’t understand the purpose of 5’s PRO if you’re deciding to do it and then add a plus set and the end. You are combining both methods when they are designed different for a reason.

You’ve also just explained to me what i’ve already read. Like I can clearly see the x50 FSL presses are on their own. I don’t think you understand the point of FSL either. if you like 5x10 work look at BBB. FSL on it’s own is not FSL, it’s just picking a weight percentage. FSL changes every week when done correctly so using it as a blanket statement makes literally no sense.

You also precede squats with presses one day and precede presses with squats another day. And we’ve already adressed your made up 5’s+ but you have 5’s PRO with an added 5x5 on the top set.

I’m gonna put it more simply for you here man. Wether you realised it or not you just tried to educate the creator of the program. You have literally no idea what 5’s PRO is for or about. You have EVEN LESS of an idea what FSL is about. And your structure is all over the place.

Weather things come from other programs or not, stop trying to reinvent the wheel by combining things from other programs.

Reminds me of this one dude asking for deadlift video from Ed Coan so he could give Ed some pointers on form :wink:

I’m not telling him what it means? Are you serious, you really think I’m telling him what it means? I was clarifying what I said about 5’s pro, so he would know I understood 5’s pro would be 65,75,85%x5 and 5x5 FSL.

There are templates that use 5’s pro with a PR set (5’s+), that’s all I was saying.

You asked a question about this very subject months ago.

You didn’t understand then, you don’t understand now.

Just do hardgainer as is for 6 months.

Option 1 or 2?

1:
Monday
Squat – 5/3/1/chins
Press – 50 total reps FSL/rows
leg raises/weighted crunch x50 total reps

Wednesday
Deadlift – 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/dips
Bench - 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/curls

Friday
Press – 5/3/1/chins
Squat – 50 total reps FSL/rows

or 2:
Monday
Press - 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/chins
Squat - 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/rows

Wednesday
Deadlift – 5/3/1, 3x5 FSL/dips
Bench – 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/curls

Friday
Press - 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/chins
Squat - 5/3/1, 5x5 FSL/rows

*5’s Pro switches to PR sets after 2 cycles with either setup

*Daily warmup:
Jumps x15
Back raises x15
Pushups 2x15

As I’ve been getting back into things I have flopped my option 1 Wed/Friday workout so deadlifts are last in the week, and squat/press - press/squat follow each other.