531 for Powerlifting?

Hey fellas, i cant remember where i read it but i seen something about Wendler releasing a 531 for powerlifting? i thought ‘531’ was for powerlifting haha, anybody know whatd be different?

I also thought so, except the only thing I read that he released other than the original was 5/3/1 for Football.

Maybe geared powerlifting? Or cutting out the OHP? Idk

Should include how to prep for a PL comp (i.e. peaking routines).

If I were to guess I would second Boffin as well. Also assuming there is some gear-specific routines and cycles.

ya i guess hey? thanks guys, ya i was confused haha cause im pretty sure wendler said right in the book, or somebody said that 531 is perfect for the raw powerlifter

I’ve heard him say it on a podcast and I’ve read it one other place. The original is based on powerlifting, but it is the plan he came up with to stay strong after hanging up the competitive shoes.

i doubt he will release yet another 5/3/1 variant, simply because its going to go against his whole principle of keeping it simple and basic and not over complicating it.

I believe there is a lot more info in it from what I’ve been reading in statements by him. The program looks like this:

Week 1: 3x3 plus some singles
Week 2: 3x5 required reps only
Week 3: 531 plus some singles
Week 4: Deload

He says its the perfect mix because you aren’t lifting heavy two weeks in a row. There’s a lot more in the book apparently w/ meet prep and such. Geared more towards powerlifting competition I believe.

From what I understand, the original 531 was for combining strength, hypertrophy and conditioning. The football and powerlifting books are sport specific.

Jim stated recently that the book is finished it just needs to be cleared by legal.(Said he would be discussing Da ROidz)

[quote]osu122975 wrote:
I believe there is a lot more info in it from what I’ve been reading in statements by him. The program looks like this:

Week 1: 3x3 plus some singles
Week 2: 3x5 required reps only
Week 3: 531 plus some singles
Week 4: Deload

He says its the perfect mix because you aren’t lifting heavy two weeks in a row. There’s a lot more in the book apparently w/ meet prep and such. Geared more towards powerlifting competition I believe.

From what I understand, the original 531 was for combining strength, hypertrophy and conditioning. The football and powerlifting books are sport specific. [/quote]

The main change is with the Weeks 1 and 2 being flipped, but there was also a change like 8 weeks out to the meet where you just do the reps and work up the heavy weeks, then 4 weeks out you drop the assistance work and work up on the contest lifts, something to that effect.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a section about drugs as he’s pretty open to talk about such.

Pretty sure there’s nothing holding the book up besides Jim.