531 Deload Week

Not that its a big deal but on the deload week do you do a warm up before the lift? Im kinda confused since the general warm up is 3x5 40%, 50%, 60%
I have been doing this and going till failure on my last rep set then just bouncing on deload weeks…As I understand it deload week is meant to be kinda chill so thats what I do

For the deload week I do 2 sets of 5 at 40%, 50% & 60% and then on to assistance work. No extra reps on the 5/3/1 sets. Cut down the assistance weights and volume too.

You don’t go to failure on the deload sets. You hit the prescribed reps and that’s it. Do NOT push the last sets on deload.

Do NOT push the last sets during your deload.

kew

I suggest reading the books if you haven’t already.

I still do two warm-up sets. One with the empty bar (or 135 for DLs) and one small jump before the 40% set.

Take it light on assistance work. Since I’m prett ybusy lately, I’ve just been dropping assistance altogether on deload weeks.

I don’t really follow the percentages as long as I make sure the top set is really close to 60% for 5 reps. For example if your working max is 300 then 60% is 180 so my deload day would go like this

95 x 10
115 x 8
135 x 5
160 x 5
185 x 5

I don’t warm up for deload… Just hit 3x5 40 50 60 then on to assistance.

Deload week is easily my least favourite week of the month, but you gotta do it.

Anybody here do 5/3/1 for Back Rows? I just read the 2nd edition and really like the one big assistance lift with the weight progression for each set but I also like doing DB Rows. Would it be too redundant to do,

Back Rows 5/3/1 format
Back Rows 10/6/5 format (don’t have the book in front of me but I think that was the weekly progression)
DB Rows 5 x 10
Chin-ups 5 x 10

whats a back row?

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
whats a back row?[/quote]

At first I thought heeant a back row in rugby. But I think he means the barbell row.

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
whats a back row?[/quote]

At first I thought heeant a back row in rugby. But I think he means the barbell row. [/quote]

Sorry yes, definitely a barbell row.

Just realized this is probably the wrong thread for my question anyway, I’m going to move it. Thx.